Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-07-2017, 05:33 PM   #21

I might look into replacing mine with bolts and anchors. I always check them pre-trip and at fuel stops. Now and again I find one or two popped loose. This bugs me as I don't want to break or loose one of the covers. Ideally I'd like to have the same bolt head size as the stabilizer jacks.
drittal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 07:57 PM   #22

You are not adjusting them correctly if they are coming out or undone. I have had not problems after adjusting mine properly. Some were not put together correctly either. 12,000 miles now with no problems.

Jack
jaherbst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 06:10 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerstroked View Post
Anyone know where I can get replacements for these clips?

We lost one going down the road last weekend and would like to have a few spares on hand.
This is the front cover on my 2016 with a gopro camera on the tailgate of the pickup. This will show why the clips are failing, thanks for looking.

Concerned tax payer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 10:34 AM   #24
BBQ'er

Whats the function of the washers?
Old 01-28-2017, 11:11 AM   #25

Moves the expansion part of the rubber in a better position and stabilizes it. Expansion must be adjusted by turning the nut a little on the end of the expansion rubber. When handle is moved over center rubber should expand so the fit is snugged holding the panel well.

I do not think this is done at the factory. Some have no washers also. These keep the expansion rubber from expanding outside the holes.

Southco 19-14-10
is the correct expansion fasteners. (Swell Series) They can be ordered on Amazon @ $10.50 each.

If the factory would install and adjust these before they left the property most of these problems would never arise. Albeit- its is an easy fix and the Swell fasteners are not terribly expensive.

Jack
Old 01-28-2017, 12:08 PM   #26
BBQ'er

Thx and to be sure I understand. The expansion/swell portion should all be inside or partially?

I think the problem with mine has been the quasi locknuts. I am constantly tightening them.
Old 01-29-2017, 09:01 AM   #27

They should all be inside. This is the order--nut--rubber swell--two washers same size as rubber swell before before clamped.

Adjust nut so swell fits good and snug when handle is clamped down thus swelling the rubber.

Jack

Tags
replacement, storage