Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-13-2021, 07:05 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImKrisK View Post
Titan Mike, I thoroughly enjoy your insightful replies on this forum......obviously a voice full of wisdom and experience!!!

I'm an electrician, but I've never seen that Camco 30/30 Twistlock 90 deg 'dog-bone' connector.....I'm thinkin' I gonna have round me up one of them!

Question for you, tho......was the female 90 deg connector to the RV oriented correctly when attached and locked? (in other words, so the cord end was hanging down, towards the ground?). Do you suppose that all standard RV mounted twistlock connectors are oriented the same????

It would suck if you attached the 90 deg connector to the coach, and the cord was pointing up (or even at 10:00 o'clock, or 3:00 o'clock......)

Thanks again for your advice, and wisdom!!!
The 90 degree " dogbone" perfectly aligned with the Furion inlet. To insert I have to rotate slightly counterclockwise, insert then lock in clockwise direction. At stop the cord is directly at 6 O'clock. I have every reason to believe at least the Furion receptacles are clocked the same and would guess the Marinco units would be the same.

I've greased up threads on coupling to power cord with silicone grease to keep them waterproof so connection to 90 degree portion is as watertight as possible. I see a lot of rain

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 07:49 PM   #42

PERFECT!!! My Isata 3 has the Furrion connection on the coach. Great advice, too, about the silicon grease on the lock-ring threads!
Thx again, Mike! Hi-ho, hi-ho, it's off to Amazon I go........
ImKrisK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 07:51 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImKrisK View Post
PERFECT!!! My Isata 3 has the Furrion connection on the coach. Great advice, too, about the silicon grease on the lock-ring threads!

Thx again, Mike! Hi-ho, hi-ho, it's off to Amazon I go........
I'm a Prime member. They come to me. Sometimes too frequently

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 02:49 PM   #44

The cord i ordered is a dog bone connection that goes into the trailer receptacle.
klutchdust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 11:06 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by klutchdust View Post
The cord i ordered is a dog bone connection that goes into the trailer receptacle.
here it is installed.

Had to use toggle /wing bolts and crawl under the cabinets to get them on. Once the fiberglass is screwed into it's too loose to get another screw to hold tight.
klutchdust is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power, shore power