Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-17-2014, 03:16 PM   #1

storage space HORRIBLE

Just got a new 2014 27ULBS Work and Play. Love the hauler part, but can't understand what they did with the drawers. All the drawers in kitchen and bedroom are only about 8" deep!! there is plenty of unused space behind each one, enough to easily go twice that depth. It makes no sense at all. I can't even put utensils in the drawers, they are too short. I pulled them out and there is nothing but blank space behind them, so NO REASON to not have made them deeper for storage.
It looks like they used the exact same drawer in the bedroom too (all 6 of them). It's gonna cost me a fortune to have a cabinet shop extend all of them. Has anyone else run into this? Is mine some sort of goof where they ran out of the correct size drawers? It is insane!

And what's up with the shower enclosure? there is 10" of space on the left of it, not enough to put anything at all.... they should have just made the shower to wall to wall instead of wasting the space next to it....

I really like most of this rig, but they totally messed up on WASTED storage space. Will it do any good to talk to FR about this?

Michael
sheriffporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 04:55 PM   #2

Welcome Michael
Sorry to hear about your issues but didn't you inspect the trailer before you bought it? Kind of late now about the shower but I would contact Forest River about the draw space and see what they can do.
Wouldn't surprise me a bit if they just didn't put in the correct draws.

Yes., everyone seems to find issues in their new rigs but you will soon hear that these are put together in respect to time and equipment they have and not the actual consumer in mind.

Take a deep breath and enjoy what you have.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 09:40 PM   #3

I have the same drawer space but have grown to live with it. I mounted a strip magnet behind cook top to hold knives, large spoons etc.

I also pulled the cushions out of bench seat and drilled a 2 inch whole in the plywood insert and use space under seat to store heavy items as this keeps weight lower and more over axles.

I'm just happy to have a toy hauler and not have to use a public bath house anymore. Hell after years in the service this is as good as generals quarters compared to racks and lartrines I've used before.

Enjoy
SC Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 09:43 PM   #4

Two inch whole BTW is used to stick my rather large fingers in to remove plywood. Thought about putting drawers in the end of the seats but think that may diminish the structural integrity of the bench.
SC Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 10:13 PM   #5

Sorry, to hear about your problems.
If you like the rest of the trailer maybe you could warm up to the idea of building new drawers or having new drawers built that utilize the space better. We don't have issues in this regard but there are always little things that can be improved to really make the space your own.
Cypressloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 04:08 PM   #6
itch'n to road trip

Send a message via AIM to campnqueen Send a message via MSN to campnqueen Send a message via Yahoo to campnqueen
yep lots of design flaws that need to be addressed. They need US working for them!

2012 Ford F-250 King Ranch Super Crew Cab 4x4
2014 Work & Play 25ULA
Paula Drake, Ken Cooksey, Sunny Delight, Valor & Scarlet Begonia
Jasper Ga.
campnqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 04:12 PM   #7

Welcome to forum and yes you can tell them your issues, at least it will make you feel better even if they don't take action.
Yamaha 3000iseb generator:Progressive Ind. EMS-HW30C : Eastern Ontario
Nights Camped: 2014 (18) 2015 (18) 2016 (36) 2017 (32) 2018 (42) 2019 (28) 2020 (35)
fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
storage