Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-11-2014, 10:22 PM   #1

Wet murphy bed

I am full timing in my 18EC with the Murphy Bed. Every night when I let it down I find it damp/wet mostly in the area of the pillow.This from the bed coming in contact with the forward wall. The pillow & the blankets will be damp from condensation.
Anyone else experience this & what do you do?
KD 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 02:41 AM   #2

It's probably just condensation. You could try heating with electric heat to reduce humidity or leave the murphy slightly in the down positions.. Are you windows sweating too?

A second thought I had was maybe some insulation foam board you can get at Home Depot. 1" thick and cut it to fit where the murphy bed goes and close it up. See if it works?
1l243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 06:49 AM   #3

I had the same thing happen in my 2013 micro-lite 19fd dismissed it as condensation till one night I dropped a remote off the nightstand under the bed. I had my girlfriend flip me up behind the bed to retrieve the remote the next morning only to find not only the remote, but rays of sunshine from between the floor and the front wall. I ended up tearing out the bed, and re fastening the bottom of the wall and caulking the whole thing shut. Haven't had a wet pillow since.
Camo Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 10:33 PM   #4

Hahahaha
rblack22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed