Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-06-2022, 05:07 PM   #1

Work and Play 30 WRS Light switches

Hey everyone, I have a 2014 Work and Play WRS and the lights in the garage do not work. I am trying to trouble shoot but there are a lot of switches back there and I am not sure what they are all for. Anyone have this model and can help me out?

Specifically looking forward on the right side of the glass door are two switches (on and off) are they for the left and right? If that is the case what is the switch on the left for?

Which fuse controls these switches?
Nsducati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 05:18 PM   #2
Site Team

Moved thread from the Appliances and Electronics sub-forum to the Work and Play sub-forum, in the Toyhauler section.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Forest River Forums mobile app
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2022, 09:11 AM   #3

My rig is a couple years newer, but might have somewhat the same system. Did the lights work and quit - or is it a new rig to you and they never worked since you got it. Did you check the switch on each individual light? From the garage, looking towards the kitchen, to the left of the glass door I have 2 bigger switches, one is for the kitchen overhead lights, the other is for the garage overhead lights. As for fuses, I have 3 different 15 amp fuses that are labeled 'lights', they are all in a row about 3 down from the top of the fuse box.

What I've found is if the light it's self is going bad it will flicker enough that you'll want to turn it off at it's individual switch that is located on the rim of the light itself. Mine do not have bulbs, you have to replace the whole light. They are pancake lights and you can find them on Amazon.

Let us know how it goes.
OldGal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2022, 10:55 AM   #4

It's a new to me rig and they never worked and I am trying to sort it out. I will take some pic to make more sense.

I apologize for the pics being sideways. In pic 200221007_122400 it shows the switches I am referring and the other two pics show a close-up of the switches. I have no idea what they are supposed to do.

I hope this helps
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20221007_122342.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	339.7 KB
ID:	280161   Click image for larger version

Name:	20221007_122354.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	422.6 KB
ID:	280162   Click image for larger version

Name:	20221007_122400.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	345.6 KB
ID:	280163  
Old 10-07-2022, 11:42 AM   #5

Did you check to see if each light has a switch at the light itself? In order for them to work, that switch has to be on....then the switches you are referring to need to be on.
Also, in my trailer, there are two sets of switches at eye level - the ones in the garage and ones near the entry door/bathroom wall. Either of the two locations can on/off the overhead lights.

I keep several of the lights switched OFF (at the light) as it's too bright for my eyes if they are all on. Do you have a light over the sink in the kitchen? Mine has the same on/off switch at the light so you'd have an idea where to look. If they don't have individual switches, let me know and we'll see what else I might find.

The location of your switches in the picture are on different sides of the door, but I would think serve the same purpose.
Old 10-07-2022, 01:11 PM   #6

Nothing at the light themselves in the garage but the lights you describe are the same as inside the main living area.
Old 10-07-2022, 01:49 PM   #7

Think there's a chance they've been changed at some point before you got the rig?
You might take the cover off of one of the ones that is not working and see if they are the type with a bulb or not. If they have a bulb might try one of those to see if that does the trick. If they don't have a bulb (like mine) try a new light, they're not very expensive - or - if you are handy use a meter to check the electric at the light. I'm not versed in such things, so you are on your own there! If you do buy a new light, be sure the one you get has an on/off switch at the light - they come both ways.
Old 10-07-2022, 02:49 PM   #8

I metered the actual socket and got no power.
Old 10-07-2022, 05:36 PM   #9

OK - I only know simple stuff from experience with my trailer. At this point I would call someone who understands wiring and Rv's. Hope it all works out.
Old 10-07-2022, 08:03 PM   #10

Thanks and I really appreciate your help
Old 10-08-2022, 01:05 PM   #11

I have a 2015 25ULA. The wall plugs for appliances in the garage are tagged GFCI. So they can trip if there is an issue. Now, did one trip and take out the lights as well, don't know. And, if they are GFCI outlets how can they be reset. The GFCI I have in my home are reset at the outlet. So my thinking, my approach would be to have the trailer on ground power or generator, turn off, then on, all circuit breakers. Then using a meter set to 12 volts, test each fuse without removing them. Easier than pulling them out to eyeball.
My rig has so many switches the original owner labeled them which is a huge help. Keep us posted on your progress.

Also, is it possible that the switches are 3 way. If you enter one door and turn on the light you can turn it off at another location. Having someone at one wall switch and someone at another turning on/off?
klutchdust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2022, 03:17 PM   #12

Thanks, all the plugs work.
Old 10-08-2022, 04:01 PM   #13

I would gain access to the rear of the fuse panel/control box and check the wiring coming out of the back. Did something come loose. Is there power going to each wire. Have you removed the switches on/off and checked for power going to them. Is their continuity in the switch. When you turn it on continuity beeps, turn it off it doesn't.
It's a puzzle. Don't get discouraged. It's always so rewarding when the results happen. RV's are basic wiring, not too complicated. Something came loose. Possible that the lights are all grounded together, the ground could be bad.
Check that fuse panel first.

All other lights work? so you are dealing with overhead lights and one switch? Anything added to the trailer, on the walls or near electric panel that could have damaged a wire. A screw went in and cut the wire. Check behind drawers also.
klutchdust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2022, 09:02 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsducati View Post
Thanks and I really appreciate your help
Did you find a solution to the lights not working? Be nice to have it in this thread to help others who might run into the same thing.

Tags
light, switch, work and play

« Mattresses | - »