Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-13-2021, 09:36 PM   #1

2005 Rockwood Roo manual

I just purchased a 2005 Rockwood Roo and need a manual for it. Iíve looked all over the place. This is my first camper and really need it. Can someone please help? I would really appreciate it.
clarksims54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 09:59 PM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarksims54 View Post
I just purchased a 2005 Rockwood Roo and need a manual for it. Iíve looked all over the place. This is my first camper and really need it. Can someone please help? I would really appreciate it.
The 2005 manual is pretty much the same as the 2021 one, both are generic and have NO model-specific nor brand-specific information. And no hybrid information.
I had a 2007 Roo, so I know. Nearly all RV manufacturers only provide a generic owners manual. It only has basic RV systems information.
The only hybrid related information was a Care and Maintenance sheet for the tent ends from the tent manufacturer.
You also need to post which model number you have. That way others that own the same model, can be more helpful.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 10:57 PM   #3

My camper looks to be a 2005 Rockwood Roo 23b. Thank you for the insight on the manuals.
Old 06-13-2021, 11:39 PM   #4

Ask some specific questions and you will get specific answers. As bikendan said there is not much difference between a 2005 and a 2020.

One thing that is different is that the bunk end doors and tent ends changed around 2013.

Otherwise your 2005 and my 2014 are nearly identical except for slides and number of bunks.

First thing you may want to check is the age of your tires. Generally speaking every 5-7 years you should get new tires regardless of mileage. Another thing to check would be the wheel bearing grease.

You can learn a lot from youtube videos. Just search for the topic and add RV.

One of the biggest problems with trailers in general and hybrids in particular is water intrusion thru the roof, thru clearance lights, and thru the rubber seals on the bunk end doors. Once you get water inside the camper only BAD things happen and generally they happen fairly quickly. Floors and walls can rot and mold sets in quickly in hot weather. Looking critically at your roof sealant seams is mandatory at least a couple of times a year.

I did a write up a few years ago on some preventive roof maintenance here...
https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...nce-90060.html

Something that you should also do is driveway camp if you can, and use all of the systems in the camper before actually pulling it down the road. That way something that you are having trouble with you can get online and ask the question. If you can't driveway camp, then go somewhere close by.

good luck and have fun with your new trailer...

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4 TST TPMS
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 01:43 AM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarksims54 View Post
My camper looks to be a 2005 Rockwood Roo 23b. Thank you for the insight on the manuals.
I think that 2005 or 2006 was the last year for the 23B, which I believe has the U-dinette or soda, in front of the front bunk.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Old 06-14-2021, 09:32 AM   #6

Thank you very much for the information! I’m going to start digging in with what you listed. I’m looking forward to some camping!
Old 06-15-2021, 05:55 AM   #7

I got water in the bunk ends because the tiny rain gutter over the bunk ends is a joke. I got some roof flashing that is "L" shaped, and replaced it. That keeps water from running directly in.

When you buy tires, check the speed rating. More is better. I upgraded my tires to Load Range D, and haven't had a problem since.

Many people say to close doors and windows and turn on the bathroom fan to help pull the tent part of the bunk ends in while closing. I found that a 6' tall peice of wood or 3/4" electric conduit to hold up the bunk end while you fold in the tent works better.

Look on the forum for de-winterizing your hot water heater. It is a common
issue.

Look under the front bunk on the left side behind the panel. That is where my pump is. You'll need to know that for winterizing in the fall, and maybe for de-winterizing, if it was disconnected.

Search for trailer mods, and you'll see all the things that people do to make their trailers more livable. The first thing I did was add a 12v plug below the radio so we could charge phones.

I love my ROO. Easy to pull, can park anywhere, and when you open it up, it is 10' longer. And, it still feels like camping.

If you don't know, it is important to level your trailer while the fridge is running. I got a Hopkins Smart Level, and that makes it easy.

Stabilizer jacks aren't made to level your trailer. Apparently, you can bend the frame if you put too much torque on them. I use a battery drill with a 3/4" socket to raise and lower them.

There is a lot to learn, and this is the place to learn it.
Old 06-15-2021, 08:17 AM   #8

Thank you very much for the information as all of it will be helpful. I’m going to save this for quick reference. I’m brand new to this and I need all the advice I can get.
Old 06-15-2021, 01:14 PM   #9
Site Team

"Many people say to close doors and windows and turn on the bathroom fan to help pull the tent part of the bunk ends in while closing."

Just realize that the OP has an older Roo and this doesn't work on it. It only works on the newer Roos, with the pre-attached tent ends. Theirs and my 2007 Roo have the older bungees and snaps tent ends.
Old 06-16-2021, 09:46 AM   #10

So that's why it never worked on my 2009. I wondered what I was doing wrong.
Old 06-16-2021, 06:54 PM   #11

Thanks for that advice. Im wondering what the best thing to clean the tent part is or possibly replaced them?
Old 06-17-2021, 05:40 AM   #12

I clean the underside of the shade awning with Clorox to get the mildew off. Mine has some spots on the inside of the tents that are stubborn. I believe the spots are from condensation, but don't know for sure. They are stubborn. I'm hesitant to use any harsh cleaners on that because I've had leaks after cleaning canvas tents.
Old 06-17-2021, 08:38 AM   #13

Thanks very much for the advice. I was wondering about compromising its waterproof ability with certain cleaners. I’ve heard a couple people mention putting bigger j channel to keep water out of the ends. I’m wondering if someone could send me pictures or a video of that? I’m wanting to do the same.
Old 06-17-2021, 02:41 PM   #14

The tents are vinyl coated and not pure canvas (woven fabric). They're impervious to water. And they don't breathe in any way for the same reason so at least crack the windows in them at night to prevent condensation.

Biggest source of leaks is when closed up and there's tentage or cords sticking in the seals. Another source is the clearance lights on both ends. Pull them and reseal to avoid this.

Mildew grows on dirty surfaces. I scrub our tentage with Woolite and lots of water.

-- Chuck
Old 06-17-2021, 04:46 PM   #15

I had forgotten the 23B. Very popular trailer! Jayco still has one; both require crawling over a sofa or dinette to get to the front bed but that area is useful for sleeping, unlike the sofa on my 23SS which is only slightly better than a pad under the trailer. The door by the bathroom has gotta be great for kids and dogs -- nice mud area --depending on the campsite. Our favorite Memorial Day weekend Ohio state park site sloped down and that door and stair would be three feet off the ground. Ummm, maybe great for kids!

-- Chuck
Old 06-18-2021, 05:18 AM   #16

Here is what I did.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1485.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	204.6 KB
ID:	257265  
Old 06-18-2021, 10:06 PM   #17

Thanks for the advice everyone and the pics!
Old 06-29-2021, 02:38 PM   #18

2005 Rockwood Roo Hybrid 23b Type of Roof?

Can someone please give me some pointers for sealing the roof on my rig? Iím not sure what material my roof is and need all the advice I can get. Thank you guys in advance!

Tags
2005, manual, rockwood, rockwood roo, roo