Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-16-2011, 08:13 AM   #1

Unhappy 2011 rockwood roo 23rs queen bed slide

i have a 2011 roo 23rs with a queen bed hard slide out the back we had it for a year now, on the last trip we set up camp my wife said can i put the bed out and i said yes and a big bang and the bed did not move so i got in under the bed and found the motor came off the wall the screws were on the floor i tried to put the motor back in place and put the screws back in but they would not hold so i had to hold the motor in place to get the bed out we had a great weekend camping and i had to put some larger screws in so i could get the bed back in but i still had to hold the motor because it started to pull them out .we droped the trailer off at the dealer on the way home and they are going to fix it under warrenty the warrenty will be up this week!! just wanted to let the 23rs owners out there know to take a look at the screws befor this happens to you and if someone had this problem i will like to know!!thanks
rangerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 07:20 AM   #2

rockwood roo 23rs

picked the trailer up at the dealer today they fixed the queen bed slideout .they built a nice bracket that covered a larger area for the motor to mount on so that it would not pull out of the back wall again.they did a really nice job and did it in one day i just don`t know why the manufacture did not see the problem when they made the trailer so if you know someone or you have a rockwood roo 23rs you should have a look at the rear queen bed slide befor you run in to trouble. thanks to my local dealer for the fast fix now to get ready for this weekend!!!
rangerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 07:39 AM   #3

Thanks for the note rangerguy. I'm considering upgrading to a 23rs so this will be something to watch for.

Any chance you can take a picture of the fix? Might be helpful for those out of warranty.

Thanks again
2012 (6 nights), 2013 (32 nights), 2014 (26 nights), 2015 (37 nights), 2016 (14 nights)
mTn_biKer65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 08:51 AM   #4

I would be interested in a picture as well, we have a 21rs but I would imagine it is the same
buzzmonster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
23rs, bed