Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-07-2019, 10:38 PM   #1

2019 Roo 19 Step Replacement?

I would like to replace the original steps in our 2019 Roo 19 with something like the MORryde StepAbove or Lippert Solid Step. However, I am concerned about having enough clearance between the hinge plate and the bottom of the doors.

Has anybody successfully replaced the steps on their 2019 Roo with either of these alternatives?

Thanks
sharkeysmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 09:30 AM   #2

I too have been considering doing just this. Reviewed all options and it appears the scissors type functions quite well and allows for tight spaces.
I'll be looking into adding this in the spring.
hack522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 11:09 AM   #3

I have been also thinking of this for my 2019 233S. Mine was a early year unit that we got in May last year. The current ones look like they come with these. We like the sturdiness of them and would like to get some opinions for what people say. Looking at price they are around $200 for the 2 step.

http://www.morryde.com/uploads/downl...ier_2_2019.pdf

This is also something to get to fill the space in!
https://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/...e-box_SP54-099
2019 Rockwood ROO 233S, 1998 Dutchman 747SL, 1988 Jayco 1006, 2001 Skyline Nomad 3710BH,1997 Coachman Catalina lite 249 QB, 2001 Palomino Mustang SC
Wisconsin-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 12:40 PM   #4

I bought a new 235s and it came with these steps. Here are some things to think about:
* If you store in a lot you might have a hard time getting into your camper because of the space needed to put down the steps. Not a big deal with the others because they are not in the way when you open the door.
* if camping on unlevel ground you might have a hard time getting the floor plate to go below the door. I'm considering taking a shovel to dig a hole for the legs if necessary.
* They are incredibly stable and very easy to get in and out of the camper.

I really like having them but I will withhold a final opinion until camping in the new camper. My wife loves them. I'm indifferent and look at the PITA it is to put stuff in it while at the storage lot. I always go in and check for leaks or damage throughout the winter. This makes it a bit harder to do.
Previous:
2013 Jayco 19H /// 2012 Ford Flex factory tow package
kennibc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 12:58 PM   #5
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkeysmachine View Post
I would like to replace the original steps in our 2019 Roo 19 with something like the MORryde StepAbove or Lippert Solid Step. However, I am concerned about having enough clearance between the hinge plate and the bottom of the doors.

Has anybody successfully replaced the steps on their 2019 Roo with either of these alternatives?

Thanks
They're more expensive but Torklift Glowstep Revolution steps give you all the same stability of the steps reaching the ground. But without the negatives of needing swing space, blocking the entry way, and carrying water and dirt into the camper.

IMO, they're a better option all around but I get beat up a bit when mentioning them here.

Product Review: Glowstep Revolution by Torklift | Learn To RV
Old 03-30-2019, 12:54 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
They're more expensive but Torklift Glowstep Revolution steps give you all the same stability of the steps reaching the ground. But without the negatives of needing swing space, blocking the entry way, and carrying water and dirt into the camper.

IMO, they're a better option all around but I get beat up a bit when mentioning them here.

Product Review: Glowstep Revolution by Torklift | Learn To RV
I ended up choosing the Torklift Glowstep Revolution steps for my 2019 Rockwood Roo 19. Model TLA8003, 3 step, 27.5 wide for $580 from etrailer.

I was able to remove the OEM stairs and install these by myself in under one hour. I am very pleased with this product.
sharkeysmachine is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
replacement, roo