Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-19-2019, 07:25 AM   #1
Tranquility Too

2019 Roo 233S Problem w Grill Bracket

Picked up a new ROO233S last week. When I went to hang the grill that comes with it, the support bracket does not clear the tank flush and electrical connections on the side (see pic). Anyone else have this issue? Am I just hanging it wrong, or did someone install the hanging bracket on the side of the camper at the wrong height? In my pic, the grill is only 50% on the bracket connected to the camper because of the placement of the tank/elec connections.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	D8A0F70D-9C3C-4048-A2FA-DDD81B9EE7AD.jpeg
Views:	186
Size:	116.3 KB
ID:	199110  
tjw36t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 07:54 AM   #2

it seems if you slide it to the right it will clear the tank inlet?
I had this problem on my previous Roo and my current camper but if I slide the support a little bit, it clears whatever is there....

" Life is simpler when you plow around the stump..."
RACarvalho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 08:29 AM   #3
Tranquility Too

I tried sliding it to the right and to the left, but either side or the middle, the support for the grill will not clear the connections on the side of the camper.
Old 03-19-2019, 09:27 AM   #4

If your grill is anything like the one that came with our 2017, you are going to want to throw it away anyway. It was a key feature that I liked about the camper but after using it on several trips I find that it doesn't quite get hot enough and the worst part is that it won't stay lit. The first problem is probably related to the second. I will be buying a free standing grill. There are some nice options out there. Especially from Camp Chef.
joeuncool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 12:52 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjw36t View Post
Picked up a new ROO233S last week. When I went to hang the grill that comes with it, the support bracket does not clear the tank flush and electrical connections on the side (see pic). Anyone else have this issue? Am I just hanging it wrong, or did someone install the hanging bracket on the side of the camper at the wrong height? In my pic, the grill is only 50% on the bracket connected to the camper because of the placement of the tank/elec connections.
Yes mine does too. Maybe not as much as yours but definitely bad design. I’m able to just move it left a bit and it works for me
CyclePilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 03:40 PM   #6

Looks like it's upside down the arm's that hold the grill should be on the bottom
Rokon2x2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 03:52 PM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokon2x2 View Post
Looks like it's upside down the arm's that hold the grill should be on the bottom
Not on my Roo. Arms at the top.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 09:41 PM   #8

don't sweat not getting that grill to work... buy another, any brand is better than that POS... and don't hang it on your camper side...

a number of people like Weber Q, the Blackstone Grill, or even the Coleman Roadtrip, which I have... most any grill needs a small modification to eliminate the pressure regulator that is standard on all these grills, and hook up a quick-connect fitting and add a 10 foot house to move the smoke and grease away from your camper

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4 TST TPMS
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 09:54 PM   #9

You are doing it correctly. They messed it up not you. You can take that and lay it flat on a table and put the grill on it.

I do agree with others. The grill is junk and just get something better. I have several and fitted them all with quick connects to attach to the trailer or a regulator for a seperate tank.
dbledan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 10:11 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeuncool View Post
If your grill is anything like the one that came with our 2017, you are going to want to throw it away anyway. It was a key feature that I liked about the camper but after using it on several trips I find that it doesn't quite get hot enough and the worst part is that it won't stay lit. The first problem is probably related to the second. I will be buying a free standing grill. There are some nice options out there. Especially from Camp Chef.
I have somewhat the same issue with bracket and obstacles on side. I'm able to straddle one but then cant hang the little counter/shelf.

As for grill not heating or blowing out, initially mine wouldn't work at all. Found that someone had pulled hose out too far and it kinked under trailer where it hooked to the main line from regulator. I unkinked hose and my grill heats right up. I'm just cooking for myself and it does a great job with a steak, chicken, or burger.

For those who have one that doesnt get hot, check for a kinked hose under the trailer. Lousy design using hoses but the whole gas system was probably built on a bench then installed on the trailer. On mine the hose for the BBQ starts out facing opposite side of trailer then loops back to curb side then up into it's storage area. One look and you know it will kink if hose is pulled out too far when connecting.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 09:41 AM   #11

I shared "the grill is a POS" opinion for years and would not have ordered this grill with my Roo (it was an option). But I bought a trailer already in the dealers pipeline and the grill was there. OK, I'll use it for a while, throw it away, and buy a decent grill.

Been using it every camping trip for 15 seasons without a single problem.

-- Chuck
Chuck_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 11:32 AM   #12
Tranquility Too

Thanks all. Guess it is time to go shopping for a new grill and outdoor stove as well.
Old 03-24-2019, 07:12 PM   #13

the stove is usable as long as you add the ceramic tile and don't try to serve Thanksgiving dinner...

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4 TST TPMS
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 11:16 AM   #14

Just the other weekend I was playing around doing driveway camping. I was more interested in seeing how my camp chef was going to connect and work. I do like the BBQ grill it came with and for longer trips I plan to take both grills.

I'm thinking about taking the BBQ grill that it comes with and use it as a portable BBQ to take to the beach for burgers and hotdogs. It is nice to be able to take it off the wall and use it as a stand-up on the picnic table or ground. Plus, this BBQ is very light and easy to move around making it perfect for the beach.

I've had many different BBQ grills over the years and Camp Chef has been amazing to cook with. I don't think I will ever cook on anything else camping or at home. I use it all year long.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190308_111818.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	315.7 KB
ID:	199748  
Previous:
2013 Jayco 19H /// 2012 Ford Flex factory tow package
kennibc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 01:25 PM   #15
Take The Road Less Travld

I like my grill. It actually get really hot. Your bracket is not upside down however I do think they drilled the whole in the wrong place. I would check with the dealer to see what they suggest. The big issue with the grill where it's at is if you have the awning down, smoke from the grill feed into the door when you open it. I still use mine anyway, but just saying. It probably wont hurt to keep it 50% on the bracket as long as you're not leaning on it or anything. Maybe even lean it against the flush and let it overlap. should still connect at the top securely enough.
I've been an RVer since 2007, Lifetime Camper
Gotta love the Outdoors, Disconnect and Enjoy Nature!
MuddauberE is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
233, 233s, roo