Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-14-2018, 03:02 AM   #1

Anderson levelers

Hi all, picking up a 233s in a few days. Does anybody know if the Anderson levelers will fit or will they need to be trimmed? If not how about the campco ones?

Thanks for any advise!
kf4pwb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 03:40 AM   #2

Must be trimmed but do work after trimming. Don’t know about the campco ones.
TST Tire Monitor Tow/Trailer
Wprather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 12:10 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wprather View Post
Must be trimmed but do work after trimming. Don’t know about the campco ones.
Ok thanks for the info
kf4pwb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 12:09 AM   #4

Here's some information I would like to know if I was considering an Anderson brand product;

The owner of Anderson Hitches, Ryan Anderson vandalized the Corona Arch in Utah even after onlookers asked him to stop... he even had his 2 teenage boys change out the plates on his truck.

Source: Idaho man apologizes for vandalizing Corona Arch | fox13now.com
2008 Fleetwood Niagara Pop-Up (2010-2015)
CampTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 12:16 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampTx View Post
Here's some information I would like to know if I was considering an Anderson brand product;

The owner of Anderson Hitches, Ryan Anderson vandalized the Corona Arch in Utah even after onlookers asked him to stop... he even had his 2 teenage boys change out the plates on his truck.

Sounds like he's accepting responsibility and stepping up to rectify his mistake. I'd have no issues purchasing his levelers, other than I chose to purchase the Camco ones because my tires are so close together.
Old 06-16-2018, 12:28 AM   #6

Quote:

Sounds like he made a mistake and has owned up to it and it now helping to raise awareness about defacing public lands. Everyone makes mistakes its how we bounce back and correct those mistake and educate to help others not make the same. Won't change my mind on buying his products. They have great customer service.
Old 06-16-2018, 07:19 AM   #7

Within 20 minutes of my post after midnight central time, there are 2 posts to Anderson's defense, from 2 members who appear to have never posted in the Roo/Shamrock forum before?

It sounds like he made a mistake you say? No, it sounds like the exact opposite of a mistake. What it sounds like is this was premeditated.

It sounds like I hit a sore spot with at least 2 folks who have some kind of affiliation with Anderson.

He ignored onlookers pleas to stop defacing the arch while he was in the act. He then sent his 2 teenage boys to change out the license plates on his vehicle. Who keeps spare license plates on them, just in case they need to cover their tracks?

He did all he could and was well prepared to conceal his identity, now that he has been caught, he is doing all he can to minimize the legal implications he is now facing.
Old 06-16-2018, 06:49 PM   #8

Quote:
Within 20 minutes of my post after midnight central time, there are 2 posts to Anderson's defense, from 2 members who appear to have never posted in the Roo/Shamrock forum before?

It sounds like he made a mistake you say? No, it sounds like the exact opposite of a mistake. What it sounds like is this was premeditated.

It sounds like I hit a sore spot with at least 2 folks who have some kind of affiliation with Anderson.

He ignored onlookers pleas to stop defacing the arch while he was in the act. He then sent his 2 teenage boys to change out the license plates on his vehicle. Who keeps spare license plates on them, just in case they need to cover their tracks?

He did all he could and was well prepared to conceal his identity, now that he has been caught, he is doing all he can to minimize the legal implications he is now facing.

Sounds sketchy to me. Changing out the plates? Someone that’s in the industry of travel trailers should know that you don’t go around vandalizing nature to express the love for your family. Leave that crap for the chalk in your driveway.
skratchd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 07:03 PM   #9

Quote:

I have no affiliation with Andersen or his company but your reading what one eye witness said about ignoring the pleas of others to stop and changing out plates on his truck and having his kids do it. That sounds like some made up crap. The OP was asking about leveler reviews not moral character review. Your post just seemed like trolling. MHO
Old 06-16-2018, 07:25 PM   #10
(Dry Huunday)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramit315 View Post
I have no affiliation with Andersen or his company but your reading what one eye witness said about ignoring the pleas of others to stop and changing out plates on his truck and having his kids do it. That sounds like some made up crap. The OP was asking about leveler reviews not moral character review. Your post just seemed like trolling. MHO
X2

I have the levelers and they work great. I also plan on buying an Andersen Ultimate hitch when we get our 5th wheel.

Beau & Sue
FurKid Express
2015 Coachmen Catalina 303RLS
2016 Chevy Silverado LT 2500HD Duramax
The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs!
DreiHunde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 07:28 PM   #11

Quote:

I agree anybody with a brain knows you switch your plates before the crime then change to original after you are out of site. Then you don’t post the pic must have been some really fancy facial recognition software to catch the guy with swapped plates. However regardless of the business a ten year old knows not to graffiti
Old 06-16-2018, 07:37 PM   #12

They work. I used them and I own them. I have read about the company owner putting his junk in the dirt. He is paying for that. I could speak to his crime and be correct about it.

I will not call someone out for not agreeing with my take on it. There are many things more important to confront people about. Perhaps child abuse.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BabyOnBoard.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	176185  
Wobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 07:38 PM   #13

I use Andersen Levelers and needed to cut about 2"'s off for one to fit in between my tires. I wasn't to happy about having to do that but they work fine for me and I never had any issues using them since I cut them.
TST 507 TPMS
2017 = 30 nights /
2018 = 7 nights
woodyrock1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 10:11 PM   #14

Quote:
It is, of course, up to you to choose to believe the totality of the news report or not. However, there is no escaping the fact that he vandalized what a lot of people would consider a natural treasure.
Due to how recently this event took place and the blatant egregious nature in which he carried it out, if I were in the market for a product that Anderson makes and found out about this news AFTER I bought a product of theirs, I would regret my purchase. While you have stated that this information does not sway your decision, I would like to imagine that there are a large number of people in this community who are appalled at his actions and would not want their dollars supporting someone who would vandalize our diminishing public lands.

Yes, he wrote an apology. But that's all it is, a written statement. Right now it's only talk. His actions up until this point have been contrary to his statement.

Right now, based on his most current deeds on facts that are available, he is a vandal by his own admission. He has not demonstrated that he has been reformed.

You (you, being anyone) don't have to agree, but just because you don't, doesn't make this information trivial... this is disturbing to a lot of people who would want to know.
Old 06-16-2018, 10:48 PM   #15

Quote:
It is, of course, up to you to choose to believe the totality of the news report or not. However, there is no escaping the fact that he vandalized what a lot of people would consider a natural treasure.
Due to how recently this event took place and the blatant egregious nature in which he carried it out, if I were in the market for a product that Anderson makes and found out about this news AFTER I bought a product of theirs, I would regret my purchase. While you have stated that this information does not sway your decision, I would like to imagine that there are a large number of people in this community who are appalled at his actions and would not want their dollars supporting someone who would vandalize our diminishing public lands.

Yes, he wrote an apology. But that's all it is, a written statement. Right now it's only talk. His actions up until this point have been contrary to his statement.

Right now, based on his most current deeds on facts that are available, he is a vandal by his own admission. He has not demonstrated that he has been reformed.

You (you, being anyone) don't have to agree, but just because you don't, doesn't make this information trivial... this is disturbing to a lot of people who would want to know.
You know I would agree with you if this guy had been caught doing this over and over again but to keep bashing on a guy that did something stupid and came out saying that he screwed up and was willing to make up for it I wont do. I have many of his products and their customer service is top notch.

I bought 6 of their big blocks at 50 bucks a piece and within a few months they added magnets to them and when I called and asked if I could add these magnets to mine they just sent me 6 new ones.

When I was having issues with my ultimate 5th wheel hitch I called at 5pm and they answered and walked me through it for 45mins even though the issue was me not following their directions. Company's like this are getting harder to find and most customer service is overseas and they read off a script so He must be doing something right. Everyone messes up and hopefully this is just a character building opportunity for him.
Old 06-16-2018, 11:37 PM   #16

Trailer slides off the leveler.
Stevejfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 09:17 AM   #17

I have a 233S and looked into the Anderson one and since I had to cut them we went with the block and they work great!!!!!

2013 Ford F150 3.5 ECO SCREW
TT233S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 09:42 AM   #18

Quote:
You know I would agree with you if this guy had been caught doing this over and over again but to keep bashing on a guy that did something stupid and came out saying that he screwed up and was willing to make up for it I wont do. I have many of his products and their customer service is top notch.

I bought 6 of their big blocks at 50 bucks a piece and within a few months they added magnets to them and when I called and asked if I could add these magnets to mine they just sent me 6 new ones.

When I was having issues with my ultimate 5th wheel hitch I called at 5pm and they answered and walked me through it for 45mins even though the issue was me not following their directions. Company's like this are getting harder to find and most customer service is overseas and they read off a script so He must be doing something right. Everyone messes up and hopefully this is just a character building opportunity for him.
That does sound like good service.

In my opinion, it appears there is a high probability this is more than a "one off" incident from Mr. Andersen. The perpetrator in the below incident from 2016 was not caught, it'll be up to each individual to draw their own conclusions.

In April 2016, someone carved graffiti saying "Andersen 16". As with many unsolved crimes, once a perp has been caught, it allows us to look back in time and review previous incidents with a similar M.O. The damage caused then is unlikely to be able to be fully remediated.

* 2016 = Carved "Andersen 16"
* 2018 = Carved "R Heart J 18"

* Spelling = "Andersen" vs. more common spelling "Anderson"

*Committed during similar time frame of year = April 15th & March 22nd respectively

Same area = 1st incident was within Arches NP & the 2nd just outside Arches NP at the Corona Arch

Source 1 = https://abcnews.go.com/US/graffiti-e...ry?id=38761196

Source 2 = Vandals hit Frame Arch - Moab Sun News: News
Old 06-17-2018, 01:35 PM   #19

anderson levelers Broke

I used my levelers once on a BLM gravel pad and both broke. Will see what customer support says.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	levelers side.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	240.8 KB
ID:	176234   Click image for larger version

Name:	levelers.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	250.5 KB
ID:	176235  
hilfikerkg is offline   Reply With Quote