Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-16-2015, 08:13 AM   #21
Summer2Go

Shanks12, I'm really looking at your bike stand. I have a Roo 183, and not a lot of floor space. I might make a unit for the dinette with a rack like this instead of fork mounts if the rack can hold the bikes pretty stable. I would make some plywood pieces to fit the dinette and secure the rack. I am not a fan of taking wheels off my bikes, I messed them up pretty good when I did.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Summer2Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 11:55 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer2Go View Post
Shanks12, I'm really looking at your bike stand. I have a Roo 183, and not a lot of floor space. I might make a unit for the dinette with a rack like this instead of fork mounts if the rack can hold the bikes pretty stable. I would make some plywood pieces to fit the dinette and secure the rack. I am not a fan of taking wheels off my bikes, I messed them up pretty good when I did.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Yeah, with the two bikes we have, removing the front wheel isn't easy. So right now this is our best solution. With the way our Roo M-232 we only have storage inside in the front couch and dinette area or along the floor to the back. So We were limited to only having bikes near the rear in the isle-way by Stove/fridge.

Rack has worked out well. With just having it on the floor and a bungie strap on both front tires. Then through a blanked over the pedals so that it doesn't scratch the cabinets.

Next time we load the camper I'll remember to snap a pic of it loaded.

-- 2017 Ford F150 FX4/Lariat
-- 3.5L EcoBoost w/ 10 Speed & Max Tow
-- 2016 Salem Hemisphere Lite 27BH
Shanks12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bike, roo