Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-12-2015, 06:37 PM   #1

Brought her home today and...(lots of questions)

So, we finalized the purchase today of our 2012 Roo 19. It was in better condition that we thought the first time we saw it and so we are very, very happy. A couple of things I discovered that hopefully you can help me with.

1) The sink drain has a chip out of the plastic lip. I know on my house sink that the lip is just compressed into the sink by the fitting underneath it. Is it like this on the Roos or is it glued down and so to replace it, I'd have to replace the whole sink.

2) The Stereo (Genesis GT 2.0) appears to have a broken Aux port. I plug in our verified working aux cable and nothing plays through the system. Anyone tear there's apart and resolder it? I saw that there are a ton of inputs on the stereo so I'm thinking about replacing the wall plate with another and wiring up an aux port on it to one of the other connections on the stereo. I am for sure switching out the plate since I want to wire a digital input port for my LCDTV (my own).

3) Speaking of the LCDTV, it looks like for 2012.5, they removed the TV shelf and attached a LCDTV mount. My model must be 2012.0 since it has the shelf and no mount. The "thin" wall between the fridge and shelf will hold it just fine (ie, it wasn't reinforced in the next model year)...correct?

4) The nightime docking light above the hitch is burned out. How do I replace the bulb?

Any other tips from the experts? We're super excited to finally move from a popup.
knuteski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 06:54 PM   #2

Here are some mods I did to my Roo 19 (Post #4):

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...tml#post783577

I've got the TV mount. No problems in 3 yrs.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 07:16 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by knuteski View Post
4) The nightime docking light above the hitch is burned out. How do I replace the bulb?
Congratulations. As for the light, does it look like this...

If so, the cover has two tabs on top and one on the bottom. I use a screw driver on the bottom and gently pry up until it pops out (it comes out fairly easy).

I have an LED now but the bulb is an 1141 miniature bayonet base.

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 07:34 PM   #4

That's the one. Thanks to both of you.
knuteski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 02:59 PM   #5

1) The sink drain has a chip out of the plastic lip. I know on my house sink that the lip is just compressed into the sink by the fitting underneath it. Is it like this on the Roos or is it glued down and so to replace it, I'd have to replace the whole sink.

I had to replace a previous sink due to dishes falling out of the cabinet and breaking the plastic sink. The drain's are similar to a bathroom sink size and style (I reused my old ones with the new stainless steel sink replacement)