Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-26-2013, 09:22 PM   #1

Bunk door

Ok I have a 2013 233s. It has the corner protecters on the corners of the bunk doors so people don't hit the sharp corners, they just replaced the front door with an updated one from 2014. My question is the round protectors are on the bottom of the door right near the hinges instead of being on the outside of the corners so now the outside corners are a sharp corner is this the way the 2014's are? Or did someone flip something upside down when they designed it?
urocav2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 11:25 AM   #2

Just picked up my 2014 yesterday and the corner protectors are on the bottom of the door near the hinge. Not sure of the real use of these, but that is where they are on mine.
shott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 04:01 PM   #3

Ok thank you don't really know why they didn't put them on the corners to protect little ones heads? My 2013 doors have round protector corners on each corner
urocav2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:21 AM   #4

Be very careful folks. I went with upgraded doors on my 2009 Roo with the new doors and I went from no worries with the kids around the camper cause if they hit it they are hitting the canvas around the doors to having a young lady have to go to the hospital, because the "corner protectors" are plastic and crazy sharp on the edges. She did not get stitches but did have to get dermabonded. I will be buying some swim noodles and slicing them long ways to place on the camper doors... cause it is very sharp.
depo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 11:46 PM   #5

You had new doors retrofitted to your 2009? I have a 2009 too. What happened and who did the retrofit?
Zoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 04:13 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoso View Post
You had new doors retrofitted to your 2009? I have a 2009 too. What happened and who did the retrofit?
Had leaks. The door and the walls delaminated. So I called factory talked to a rep there and negotiated 400 a door. Well they replaced the walls too they were rotted in a couple spots. It was done at the factory, I am lucky enough that the roo factory is just over an hour away.
depo is offline   Reply With Quote