Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-13-2019, 06:32 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoglou View Post
I bet it is 1/2" pex. a 8" piece and a couple of shark bits and its done. come by the house and we can swap it out in 20 minute, but I only have red and blue (not a plumber but I see no spec differences). but we may have to make a parts run to lowes (and roadhouse for a rib eye)....
Haha bro I live in indy, I'm just curious if a sharkbite will work on the white hose
Indy500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 02:08 PM   #22

I just finished installing the GE GXWH20S filter in mine. I like the fact that it has a built in bypass valve.

I was surprised that it included a 90 day battery operated timer that can fit on the top of the filter or it can easily attached to and magnetic surface.

Bob

HappyTrav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 09:17 PM   #23
CathMo

Bypassing Water Filter on Roo 233s

We just did ours too. Use an inline filter at the spigot.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3406.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	324.1 KB
ID:	200305  
clandsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 05:38 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTrav View Post
I just finished installing the GE GXWH20S filter in mine. I like the fact that it has a built in bypass valve.

I was surprised that it included a 90 day battery operated timer that can fit on the top of the filter or it can easily attached to and magnetic surface.

Bob

Nice job
Old 04-01-2019, 05:42 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by clandsie View Post
We just did ours too. Use an inline filter at the spigot.
I did the same thing, the inline is the cheapest filter ,and the thought of the glass housing breaking at the worst time ,, just scares me. I can find my new filter anywhere I go . Walmart is always on your way home
Old 04-02-2019, 09:51 PM   #26

I also removed the water filter and housing. It was a tough job as they used about 1 1/4" screws to hold on a 1/4" thick bracket in 4 places. This was apparently done before the sink was in as it took me lots of time to get out 3 of the 4 screws. Then I found that I could not get at the 4th screw and broke the housing up after removing the clear housing. I do not have the sediment filter fastened down as I ran out of the needed tools. This housing is about the same that is on the water pump. THIS IS ALL POSSIBLE ONLY WITH THE USE OF AN EXTERNAL FILTER AT THE CITY WATER HOOK UP. You could use the same sediment filter at both places to make easier maintenance by only needing 1 spare.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FILTER CARTRIDGE REPLACEMENT.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	407.9 KB
ID:	200600  
wanderer44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 06:39 AM   #27

Soooo, been reading this thread and was wondering about all the fuss as mine ('18 21SS) is fairly easy to access and seemed solid enough.
Well we just bought ours and haven't used it yet and hadn't even de-winterized it from the dealer...until last night. Let me say I agree, she's gonna come out.

Even if it works perfectly when I took the housing off after flushing and sanitizing the lines I realized this is gonna leave a mess. I found no way to drain it down a few inches to keep it from spilling as I turned the housing and removed it to add the filter. The other concern I have is that the side of the housing at the base where it turns to form the bottom is resting on a piece of 2x4 the use as a brace. Hmm....bouncing trailer plastic container full of water hitting something over and over..she gotta go.

Using an external filter is to easy and we are used to it after years of pup camping.
Hawkester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 06:49 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkester View Post

Even if it works perfectly when I took the housing off after flushing and sanitizing the lines I realized this is gonna leave a mess. I found no way to drain it down a few inches to keep it from spilling as I turned the housing and removed it to add the filter.
When you want to take it off all you need to do is loosen the housing so you can spin it off by hand and put a grocery bag around it. The grocery bag will catch all the water that would be spilled.

Bob
Old 04-03-2019, 07:20 AM   #29

Quote:
When you want to take it off all you need to do is loosen the housing so you can spin it off by hand and put a grocery bag around it. The grocery bag will catch all the water that would be spilled.

Bob
Face palm to forehead....thanks. sure beats the shove a towel underneath first method...
Hawkester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 09:31 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkester View Post
Face palm to forehead....thanks. sure beats the shove a towel underneath first method...
Me too. The mechanic doing the PDI told me that it was the best way to do it.

Bob
Old 06-06-2019, 12:17 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer44 View Post
*** I do not have the sediment filter fastened down as I ran out of the needed tools. This housing is about the same that is on the water pump.***
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...0&d=1554259396

So I have this as well as my normal filter and housing. Am I hearing correctly that this is an additional sediment filter? Should I be cleaning this out from time to time? Is there a replaceable filter inside that I should be replacing? I never really paid it much attention before!
Old 06-06-2019, 02:42 PM   #32

Just a screen. I wouldn’t bother with it until it collects some debris.

Bob
Old 06-13-2019, 07:30 PM   #33

JUST in case...

Hey there marine3038.....

JUST IN CASE, my guess is no issue/problem for you BUT I did notice that the Shark Bite you used had one end brown and the other end grey (the little plastic parts that stick out)..... has anyone ever shared what those mean with you??

I don't remember which one is which but i THINK I seem to recall that the colors were for the TYPE of pipes you are joining...so PEX gets one color while copper or CPVC get's their own color's too. Most of your Home Depot/Lowes type folks won't be able to answer that, but a plumbing supply or most ACE hardware folks can in my experience.

Like I said I don't think you have an issue as those things are pretty bullet proof, but IF you do notice a leak or separation ask someone if those grey/brown ends might be the reason....heck maybe someone on these boards even knows!

P.S. -GREAT LOOKING JOB!! (I wasted the money to rent a crimper and used the fittings to rejoin my pet together when I did mine 7 years ago...still hasn't leaked a drip!

Ed & Chris, Empty Nesters (missing Josh & Jaclyn)
along with Blue & Tessa, Cat Explorers!
2020 Rockwood Roo 235s
2019 F-250 Diesel 4x4 Super Duty
ebemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 08:33 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine3038 View Post

We had to lower the front end of the camper (stabilizers) so the water would properly drain out.
!
Good thing you weren’t gone for the day.

FWIW:
Whenever we leave the camper we turn off the hot water heater and the water supply and turn both back on when we get back.

It only takes a second and is an easy habit to develop.

Bob
Old 06-14-2019, 09:26 AM   #35
Retired Panpsychist

Quote:
{snip}...Whenever we leave the camper we turn off the hot water heater and the water supply and turn both back on when we get back...{snip}
Great idea! Would it also make sense to turn off the water pump as well to lessen the pressure in the system?

2007 GoldenDoodle ("Cooper") R.I.P.
2020 Rockwood Roo 23IKSS
2015 F-150 4WD XLT SCab, 5.0L, 3.73, 36gal, HD Towing Pkg (53A), 1,980lb Payload
Theo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 02:07 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo View Post
Great idea! Would it also make sense to turn off the water pump as well to lessen the pressure in the system?
If you are in a park with WES all you need to do is turn off the water. The pump comes into play when you aren’t connected to city water and are running off of the onboard tank.

I always turn off the pump as well when traveling or “boondocking” and leaving for the day.

Bob
Old 06-16-2019, 08:18 PM   #37

thanks for the write up. I replaced mine the next day after we brought our 2019 233S home. followed your steps and bypassing went very smoothly. much appreciated!
technicalspectical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 02:33 PM   #38

I slide a cool whip style plastic container under the filter housing to remove.
Old 06-22-2019, 08:24 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer44 View Post
I also removed the water filter and housing. It was a tough job as they used about 1 1/4" screws to hold on a 1/4" thick bracket in 4 places. This was apparently done before the sink was in as it took me lots of time to get out 3 of the 4 screws. Then I found that I could not get at the 4th screw and broke the housing up after removing the clear housing. I do not have the sediment filter fastened down as I ran out of the needed tools. This housing is about the same that is on the water pump. THIS IS ALL POSSIBLE ONLY WITH THE USE OF AN EXTERNAL FILTER AT THE CITY WATER HOOK UP. You could use the same sediment filter at both places to make easier maintenance by only needing 1 spare.

Where is this filter located? I have a 2018 233s and have never seen this. I have looked lots of places and cannot find it. Not sure my unit has one.
TST Tire Monitor Tow/Trailer
Wprather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 10:22 PM   #40
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wprather View Post
Where is this filter located? I have a 2018 233s and have never seen this. I have looked lots of places and cannot find it. Not sure my unit has one.
It came from the factory with one. Unless a previous owner removed it.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
233, 233s, bypass, roo, water, water filter