Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-30-2011, 01:12 PM   #1

Can you help me with a measurement (21SSL)?

Hi all,

Well, I'm in the same boat as the "How long does it take to get my Roo" poster!

The Dealership told me 6 or 7 weeks.......and he's given me no word since I ordered my Roo on April 1st.

In the meantime.......I plan on adding a covered parking space next to my shed and I need help on a height measurement. I ordered the 21SSL with an off-road kit. If you own one of these with the offroad kit, would you measure how tall that beast is? My dealer hasn't gotten one in yet, and I'm dying to get started on the covered parking now....before it arrives.

I'm thinking it's about 115" tall and then another 12" or so for the A/C. Can someone get out a tape measure and confirm?

Thanks guys! (I'm really looking forward to this camper!)
ScottyNuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 06:35 PM   #2

Check out this website: http://www.forestriverinc.com/nd/def...&series=Expand

It gives you all the specs.
Momma Tac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 09:14 PM   #3

Yea and add about 8 inches I trusted their measurments and was off about that much had to remove the concrete to get the trailer in.

2001 Ford F-350 DRW 7.3
2011 25 RL Wildcat
former fiver 1976 Fourwinds had for 35 years
onetonford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 10:02 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Welcome as I see this is your first post.

Take this for what it is worth, but I really recommend that you measure that trailer if at all possible or add plenty of extra just in case.

If its a permanent structure, I just think there is too much to lose if its cut short.

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 10:29 AM   #5
Site Team

i agree about actually measuring the trailer. FR is notorious for having out of date or incorrect specs on their website or in their brochure.
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 02:53 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triguy View Post

Welcome as I see this is your first post.

Take this for what it is worth, but I really recommend that you measure that trailer if at all possible or add plenty of extra just in case.

If its a permanent structure, I just think there is too much to lose if its cut short.
Exactly why I was asking for help with a measurement .........The specs listed don't agree with the actual measurements everyone seems to have. I know the "Off Road" kit adds about 5" to the height, but before I start working on the cover, I figured an actual measurement of the 21SSL I bought would be best. If I could get two separate people agreeing on height, I'd add a couple of inches to that and start building!!!
Old 05-01-2011, 02:57 PM   #7
Site Team

your problem will be that there are very few, if any, 21SSL owners here. and i've never seen any 21SSL on any forum, that got an off-road kit.

so, i doubt you'll get any responses specific to your questions.
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 03:58 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
your problem will be that there are very few, if any, 21SSL owners here. and i've never seen any 21SSL on any forum, that got an off-road kit.

so, i doubt you'll get any responses specific to your questions.
Shoot.......that's too bad. Well, when mine shows up, guess I'll post an answer to my own question. Unfortunately for me, my wife stepped into a 21ssl and she loved the looks of it......If I didn't have a habit of pulling campers into some very rough and fun spots (It's Colorado after all), I would have gone with just the regular suspension/wheel setup......my last camper had some great dents in the lower metal from getting dragged over some good sized rocks.

But if bikendan is wrong and anyone actually does own one of these apparently elusive beasts........post away!!!
Old 05-01-2011, 09:50 PM   #9
rbq

I looked at the options page in the new brochure & they list the difference between standard 14" wheels and the off road kit changes that to aluminum 15" wheels. What ever that would add to the height. Don't know if there is any other difference.
rbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 08:46 PM   #10

Ordered my 21SSL (with off-road package) on April 5. Waiting anxiously.... we'll see who gets to measure first
rmcginnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 09:39 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmcginnis View Post
Ordered my 21SSL (with off-road package) on April 5. Waiting anxiously.... we'll see who gets to measure first
LOL!!! Congrats. (The race is on....but don't know if we have much control over it.)

I am SO ready to camp in this thing!
Old 05-09-2011, 06:11 PM   #12

Me too only different

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyNuff View Post
LOL!!! Congrats. (The race is on....but don't know if we have much control over it.)

I am SO ready to camp in this thing!
I ordered a 19 on April 1, looks like a three way race

Can not wait
nytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 10:35 AM   #13

I just found out my Roo 21SSL with off-road package has arrived at the dealer. Ordered 4/5 arrived 5/21. Will pick it up this friday and supply measurements if you're still looking for them.
rmcginnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 05:33 PM   #14

LOL.......mine gets here on Thursday, but I'm not picking it up until Saturday.
Thanks rmcginnis.....guess I'll be fine waiting an extra day.

Let's Camp!!!

Old 05-29-2011, 06:46 PM   #15

We ordered our 21SSL with off road pkg just two weeks ago, any word yet on delivery? Wondering how long it would take for a unit not ordered very often.
2012 21ssl on the way
2007 Dodge Mega Cab
Plus 4 Four wheelers for added fun!
UsNC4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 07:15 PM   #16

Picked mine up yesterday.......it was ready to go for a while, but I guess the bottle neck is the drivers needed to deliver the units. My guess is that 7 weeks would still be a good guess!
Old 05-31-2011, 07:51 PM   #17

Ordered my 21ssl two weeks ago and was told today more like 10-11 wks with delivery issues so more like 11-12 to in my driveway.
2012 21ssl on the way
2007 Dodge Mega Cab
Plus 4 Four wheelers for added fun!
UsNC4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 08:25 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsNC4 View Post
Ordered my 21ssl two weeks ago and was told today more like 10-11 wks with delivery issues so more like 11-12 to in my driveway.

That's a drag......I'm hoping you will get it sooner than that!!!
Old 05-31-2011, 10:09 PM   #19

The FR specs do not include the A/C in the height measurement. The brochure even states as much. Don't go by that.
dlhoppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 09:43 AM   #20

OK.....with the great intentions that I had to build a cover for my ROO in advance, I thought I needed the height as early as possible. I called FR and talked to a nice guy who actually headed out on the production floor and gave me measurements:

114" to top of trailer + 14" from top of trailer to top of A/C.

Now that mine is home, I measured 113" to top of trailer and 14 1/4" from top of trailer to top of A/C.

So the Reps measurements were good.

The 21SSL with off-road kit is 128" tall! NOW.....guess I'll start on that shelter......or maybe I'll procrastinate again and get to it in October!!

Tags
21ssl