Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-26-2021, 03:43 PM   #41

I elevate wheels both to the same height using the olde Mk1 eyeball.

Does not appear critical and recall each wheel is only supporting 25% of the trailer's body weight (the pair supports 50%) so I doubt there's a problem if one wheel is supporting 30% and the other 20% you're still getting the 50% support on that side.

Hadn't thought about the BAL leveler in years and I suspect I didn't use a pair on my Roo was due to the axle spacing on my trailer which had a factory raised suspension and 1" larger wheels which cut the space between the tires by at least an inch. I recall the first set of inter-wheel chocks I bought were too big to fit between the tires.

The BAL worked wonderfully on my 3600 pound popup. The ratchet wrench is provided and battery rattle guns are in common use. Only issue was the grease required on the threads was a sand magnet and the grease could get on everything in storage. Solution was an insulated pizza bag.

-- Chuck
Old 01-26-2021, 08:12 PM   #42

I also used the BAL leveler for my HW popup. Seemed to me at the time, a better solution than the legos. Had the pizza box carrying case as well. Ruined a impact drill by essentially welding the bit inside. However now that I have the Anderson levelers and travelmate pro, I would never go back personally.
Bisquick2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 08:44 AM   #43

Googled "travelmate pro" and got a bunch of laptop PCs.

-- Chuck
Old 01-27-2021, 08:55 AM   #44

Haha, sorry about that! It’s the LevelMate Pro. I bit pricey but if you have the cash and want to make the setup process faster, it’s worth it. Keeps me and the wifey on more civil terms during the process

Tags
electric, jacks, leveling