Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-16-2012, 09:36 AM   #1

First Night in the 233s

We had our first "Try it out and see what we need" camping night this week. It was great! Coming from a popup, it is like a whole new world.

Everything worked as designed. No water leaks under pressure, the toilet works (for those of you who were part of one of my earlier posts.... no we are still not pooping in it... yet). The stove fires up, the CD player plays, the shelves I built worked great.... to keep it short, we are pleased with it.

I learned a thing or two about what I still need to acquire and what I didn't need to transfer over from the popup.

I hope everyone who is taking delivery of their new Roo's here lately have a good experience as well!

Still have to replace the cracked skylight... that is another story.

James
Old 05-16-2012, 09:52 AM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Life is grand when there's no number 2 !
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 10:49 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

To go or not to go (number 2); that is the question. We happily use our trailer's facilities

Sounds like a great first night. Good luck with that skylight.

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 11:20 AM   #4

Thanks guys!
James
Old 05-16-2012, 05:22 PM   #5

Here's to many more trouble free trips! By the way, eventually &$@# happens. When it does use your toilet!
Old 05-16-2012, 05:51 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtsx3 View Post
Here's to many more trouble free trips! By the way, eventually &$@# happens. When it does use your toilet!
Very funny!

I'm not naive enough to think that we will never use our camper toilet for "number 2".... but for now, we are trying to limit usage to "number 1". As dumb as it sounds, my wife and I are in amazement that we don't have to make the "100 yard dash" to the campground bathhouse with kids at 4:00 AM to just pee anymore! Life is good.

James
Old 05-16-2012, 10:04 PM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSN46 View Post

I'm not naive enough to think that we will never use our camper toilet for "number 2".... but for now, we are trying to limit usage to "number 1".
James
it always interests me why people will spend thousands of dollars for an RV and then not use the toilet, for what it is designed for and the design has been around for decades.

if you don't mind me asking, why don't you intend to allow for #2 usage?
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 10:16 PM   #8
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan

it always interests me why people will spend thousands of dollars for an RV and then not use the toilet, for what it is designed for and the design has been around for decades.

IMO since these great toilets do not flush , understandable . you have to fill the darn thing 3/4 full "water waste" so as to not leave #2 tracks all over the bowl.
And you know I drain and flush the black tank and I don't want to deal with solids.
I live on a farm and grew up on one I'm used to it. But not in my camper sorry .... To each his own .
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 12:28 AM   #9
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
IMO since these great toilets do not flush , understandable . you have to fill the darn thing 3/4 full "water waste" so as to not leave #2 tracks all over the bowl.
And you know I drain and flush the black tank and I don't want to deal with solids.
I live on a farm and grew up on one I'm used to it. But not in my camper sorry .... To each his own .
Or you can use "Happy Bowl" liners.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 05:33 AM   #10

The #1 reason that we upgraded from a pop-up to a hybrid. With 3 boys, it was always my job to walk them to the bathroom across the campsite at 5 AM. Whether # 1 or # 2, they can use the camper's bathroom as long as I don't have to get up.
bh183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 07:47 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post

That is a good question.
I think it has something to do with my internal circuit that is programmed to say "It's brand new, keep it that way as long as you can". I understand the concept of "you bought it, now USE it like it was designed". But there is something in me that drives me to keep things as new as I can.... don't know. No pun intended, but I'm "anal retentive" that way.

When I was a Gun Chief on an M109 Self Propelled Howitzer in the Army, my men would constantly catch me "sweeping" the floor inside the gun with a little broom that I kept in there. I mean like, between fire missions!! They would poke fun at me because I was sweeping up dirt in something made for war.... but you know what? When the Captain, or the Sgt. Major came poking around the Battery Area, it was just known that Gun 5 would be in top shape. I didn't ever ask my men to take care of my OCD problems, I took care of them. Same with my engines in my cars.... you could EAT off of them.

So, there you have it. Best I can do... I suppose that there will be a day when someone goes #2 in my camper. After that initial moment, I will be okay with it from then on I'm sure.

James
Old 05-17-2012, 10:14 PM   #12

f1100turbo....with lots of practice, one can get really good at aiming and timing the flush so that no #2 ever hits the sides of the bowl!

To each his own...For us the trailer potty is only for night time emergencies whether #1 or #2, at least when we are dry camping. It is more for conserving water & power than anything else. However, there was that one day last year when I ate one too many jalapeño "poopers"! I did not hesitate to use the trailer's facilities that day! Better tracks in the bowl than in my pants!

If we have hookups, we use the trailer potty all the time.

Tags
233, 233s