Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-13-2018, 05:27 PM   #1

Genesis 2.0 entertainment

I've removed the Genesis 2.0 entertainment system from my 2015 ForestRiver 23ikss as it wasn't working; no power to the unit. Fuses OK. I see that many have had issues with this unit. Any suggestions? Jensen doesn't seem to be any better.
Bacsi091547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 01:14 PM   #2

Genesis 2.0 entertainment

My wall mounted radio/DVD unit just up & quit. I don't think they make this unit anymore. Some folks suggest an iRV unit as a replacement. Does anyone have experience with this in a Shamrock 23ikss and suggestions

Steve
2015 Shamrock 23ikss
2012 Silverado 2500
Old 03-15-2018, 01:36 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

All depends on your usage. In the end, it's just a 12v radio with DVD player and multi-zones. You can get similar car radios from any Best Buy (or a reputable car audio store). It doesn't have to be a RV specific one. That's my plan if my Genesis ever died, but thankfully, it hasn't yet.
Old 03-15-2018, 04:58 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaadk View Post
All depends on your usage. In the end, it's just a 12v radio with DVD player and multi-zones. You can get similar car radios from any Best Buy (or a reputable car audio store). It doesn't have to be a RV specific one. That's my plan if my Genesis ever died, but thankfully, it hasn't yet.
Thanks. I plan on doing just that.
Old 03-16-2018, 07:40 AM   #5
2016 Rockwood Roo 21dk

I would waste money in the Irv. I'm throwing mine in the trash. I picked up a pioneer DVD touchscreen xm satellite ready one at Best buy to replace it with this spring. Only thing I found is the car stereos don't have HDMI out, so you just have a regular RCA connections to the TV.
jaymemiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 07:54 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymemiller View Post
I would waste money in the Irv. I'm throwing mine in the trash. I picked up a pioneer DVD touchscreen xm satellite ready one at Best buy to replace it with this spring. Only thing I found is the car stereos don't have HDMI out, so you just have a regular RCA connections to the TV.
Thanks for the helpful information.
Old 03-16-2018, 08:01 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
I don't know if they're still around, but years back Audiovox was making a 1 DIN 12v blu-ray player that had HDMI out. I never got around to getting one, but I remember thinking it would have been a good addition to the trailer. They're not exactly what I think of as a 'quality' brand so I was waiting to see if the bigger names followed suit, then kind of forgot about them and never followed up.
Old 03-16-2018, 08:34 AM   #8

I had the Genesis Technologies GT-3.0 RV Entertainment System RADIO WB CD MP3/4 BLUETOOTH in my Sabre and told the factory it would not reliably read my SD Card. I asked if there was a software update and they sent me a new iRV branded unit.

If you have any interest in the GT 3 let me know and maybe we can make a deal.

Nights Camped, 2015: 23, 2016: 27, 2017: 29, 2018: 22, 2019: 29
mikeysotp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 05:09 PM   #9
2016 Rockwood Roo 21dk

I think Jenson is coming out with something a bit better. Guess I don't have a $500k camper. But fairly disappointed in what I saw is out there. Seems with the amount of RVs I see, someone would make a decent budget friendly stereo. Sorry, the IRV I find is difficult to use and a bit 80s in it's controls. The first one died on us. Most of the time I am in the mountain forests, so having XM radio will be a nice upgrade to listen to sports or news. Guess I'm one who thinks it's ridiculous to have a bunch of devices that one device should be able to do.
Old 03-17-2018, 06:05 AM   #10

Quote:
I think Jenson is coming out with something a bit better. Guess I don't have a $500k camper. But fairly disappointed in what I saw is out there. Seems with the amount of RVs I see, someone would make a decent budget friendly stereo. Sorry, the IRV I find is difficult to use and a bit 80s in it's controls. The first one died on us. Most of the time I am in the mountain forests, so having XM radio will be a nice upgrade to listen to sports or news. Guess I'm one who thinks it's ridiculous to have a bunch of devices that one device should be able to do.
Im thinking about installing a 12v car dvd unit and a pioneer HU. Dvd will give me hdmi out to tv, HU will do all the audio. Sux how there isn't a all in 1 unit of good quality
cmysstailights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 12:02 PM   #11
2016 Rockwood Roo 21dk

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmysstailights View Post
Im thinking about installing a 12v car dvd unit and a pioneer HU. Dvd will give me hdmi out to tv, HU will do all the audio. Sux how there isn't a all in 1 unit of good quality
Probably got nice ones in Japan, they seem to be 10 years ahead of the USA lol. I think I can sacrifice the HDMI out with my pioneer head unit. Just like the idea of having XM radio so you can listen to sports and news when in the boonies.
Old 04-08-2018, 07:48 AM   #12
2016 Rockwood Roo 21dk

This is the one I'm putting in. I got it wired up and it works just fine hooked to the TV and all. I put the outdoor speakers on rear and the inside on front channels. Still got to work getting it mounted where the other was. I'll get a photo when I got it all buttoned up.

Click image for larger version

Name:	MVIMG_20180401_144658.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	110.0 KB
ID:	167517
Old 04-08-2018, 08:25 AM   #13
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
This is the one I'm putting in. I got it wired up and it works just fine hooked to the TV and all. I put the outdoor speakers on rear and the inside on front channels. Still got to work getting it mounted where the other was. I'll get a photo when I got it all buttoned up.

Attachment 167517

Nice. Does that unit support a ‘Zone 2’? (My Pioneer did). I don’t have it anymore, but as I recall it ran off the pre-outs, so you’d need a separate amplifier. However, it would give you a way to control inside vs outside without having to adjust the fade every time.

I believe with mine it was even possible to select a different source for the second zone, so you could run a rear seat DVD screen while having the main unit run radio. That was big complaint I had with the GT, that I couldn’t put the radio on outside if the kids wanted to watch a movie inside.
Old 04-08-2018, 01:14 PM   #14

Found a unit with hdmi out, still searching.
https://www.eonon.com/Android-Car-GP...ar-Stereo.html

http://soundinmotion.com.au/product/...dia-head-unit/
cmysstailights is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
entertainment