Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-23-2021, 07:49 AM   #1

gutters above bed door

I thought I had seen somewhere on this forum but cannot find it has any installed pvc piping up under the existing gutter to prevent water from getting in the bed door. We found that the trees above our camper drop stuff that gets into the gutter when it rains and clogs the gutter the water then over runs and leaks into the front bed door. I have a couple ideas on how to fix this issue but wanted to see if anyone has installed pvc piping as a back up gutter. 2007 Roo 21ss
Zeus1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 11:27 AM   #2

Not directly, Zeus, but I'm about to add some sailtrack above my bunk ends to serve as mounting points for front 'n back awnings...

Sailtrack is basically a little c-channel that you can feed awning rope into https://www.sailrite.com/Awning-Track-Aluminum-48.

Awnings are an idea that came from Traylor98's awnings
15kBTU AC; 12v fridge; 1kW roof-mounted solar panels; 80 amp MPPT charge controller; 3,500w pure sine wave inverter; 30a automatic transfer switch; MicroAir EasyStart, 600ah Chins LiFePo; Honda EU2200i (with Hutch Mountain propane conversion kit) gathering dust in the storage unit.
Rhumblefish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 07:46 AM   #3

I suggest that you search this forum...
not using the search function but just go back starting about 2015 and keep going back visually searching for GUTTER and BUNK ENDS in the thread names.

When I first got my Shamrock in 2014 I looked at hundreds of previous threads and got many ideas for my my trailer, as the basic floor plan has not changed much. I once made PVC pipe removeable gutters that was suggested, but found I did not need them.

I also figured out that, AT THAT TIME in 2014, many posters had the older bunk end door ( pre-2014) Roos and Shamrocks and they have different bunk-end issues then the later 2013-2014 version that I had.

So if you look at all the older posts in this Roo/Shamrock forum I am sure you will find 20 or more different threads on ideas for gutters to solve your problem for your older camper.

Happy reading

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4 TST TPMS
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed, door