Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-28-2015, 11:47 AM   #1

Help..Refrigerator not working properly

We picked up our Roo in July. Brought it home to AZ to pick up supplies. Everything working great until we got to the campground in Cottonwood, AZ.

We set up the trailer, plugged into the electric (we have the surge protector). and it switched from propane to electric on the fridge. All of a sudden the mode two of the three lights for the temperature control started blinking. The fridge now doesn't work but the fridge lights inside come on okay.

We have contacted Dometic and Coach Net but not having any luck with them.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for any help.

Linda and Ron Denslow
LinCarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 11:59 AM   #2

There is a troubleshooting section in the fridge manual. I am not familiar with your model. I'm assuming you tried turning it off and back on? Did you try to run it on gas only to see if it will work that way? If the light is on then the fuse is okay on the control board. Is the camper level? That's all I can think of right now. Someone more familiar with your unit may be on soon to help better.
Old 07-29-2015, 06:40 PM   #3

Thanks, we contacted Dometic and am taking it into an RV dealer in Prescott which isn't too far away. Hopefully they can fix it.
Old 07-29-2015, 06:54 PM   #4

Let the forum know what the fix was, thanks
Still Kickin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 07:19 PM   #5

Yes I will post the outcome.
Old 07-30-2015, 11:48 AM   #6

LinCarol, I currently have my Rockwood, with the Dometic DMR 702 fridge, in at the dealer for very same issue. Mine happened after my fourth outing. What I have been told, since that error code is not in the manual, is that they found a bad lower control board and have ordered it from Dometic. Hope this helps you.
TxLightkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 11:54 AM   #7

Thanks. Did they say how long it will take to get the replacement? We were told this is a brand new model fridge. Has blue lights when you open the door.
Old 07-30-2015, 12:03 PM   #8

Sounds like the same exact fridge as I have with the blue interior lights. Area between fridge and freezer door has the power button, mode select and then three coolness level lights.
They guestimated they would have the TT for 10 days after they notified me. Looks to be a simple replacement plugin in unit once they get the part. For my dealer, it will be a matter of finding time to accomplish this once they get the part. They are bogged down getting new units ready to go out the door.
Old 07-30-2015, 12:40 PM   #9

I think Dometic needs to get it together or FR needs to find better refrigerators some where else. Probably no where else to get them. But at least look else where.
Silverback Iowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 06:16 PM   #10

I have the same 702 fridge, and had the same two lights. dealer replaced a Thermal Fuse, which was down in the bottom of the outside panel. It looked like an in line fuse but the mechanic who worked on it said it is not a "fuse" that I could have replaced. It was not the over heat button on the stack it had continuity as well as all the normal fuses.
Old 07-30-2015, 06:38 PM   #11
Georgia Rally Coordinator

If it's like anything else Dometic does it's back ordered and takes for ever to get the fuse. I've had the replacement refrig light on order for 4 months now to get rid of the stupid blue light. Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing.(sold) (sold) 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 07:40 AM   #12

We cured the poor ventilation design of our frige with a little modification to the ducting and added 3 120mm computer fans to the lower vent to pull more air in and force air over the coils. Freezer stays 5* and fridge 38* in humid 97* Florida. Also cools down in a few hours vs overnight. Fans-$10 ea, on/off switch $7, kold beer...PRICELESS!
Jane1550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 06:59 AM   #13

Domestic DMR 702

After three outings, the fridge in our new 21BD stopped working right before heading out for a trip. No blue light in fridge and get three temp level lights blinking off and on signaling an error code. Called Domestic to see what was wrong per their error code. Their answer was just take it to a certified repair shop. Just returned from camping while using two ice chests instead of the fridge. Will have to wait till Monday to find someplace to take it.
dogevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 08:43 AM   #14

Dometic DMR702 Update

Went out to the camper this morning to get the paper work on the fridge to use when scheduling a service repair center. For kicks, I tried to start the fridge and it worked just fine on 120v and on propane. Am hoping it keeps working. It has a two year warranty.
Old 08-03-2015, 12:31 PM   #15

I had this same thing happen last trip. I came back after being away for a day and everything was blinking. It was still cold though and I turned it off and on and it worked the remainder of the trip. Is there a way to see the error code? My guess is that mine overheated but I looked in the manual and didn't see anything about blinking lights or reset options.
Old 08-04-2015, 01:18 PM   #16

We finally got our fixed. Had to take it to Affinity RV in Prescott Valley, AZ. It was about 1 1/2 hours away but worth the trip. They treated us wonderfully. They checked it out but it was too late to get authorization from Dometic so they let us park in the parking lot WITH electric hookup. Fantastic RV dealer. They called Dometic the next day and within an hour they had it fixed. Said it was a thermal fuse and they took one out of the recall kit. When I talked with Dometic again they said our trailer already had a recall fuse in it. Well just goes to show you it failed so I don't have much confidence this will work. Will keep our fingers crossed.

Happy camping!!
Old 08-04-2015, 01:50 PM   #17

Recall kit

What is s recall kit? I had the same problem and they took the thermal fuse out of another unit going back for a different problem.
Chuck and Dianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 06:36 AM   #18

VooVader

I found error codes in the fridge manual that came with the camper. One, two or three of the temp setting buttons will flash a couple of times when trying to turn on the fridge.
Old 08-06-2015, 08:21 AM   #19

Does it say what each error code means?
Old 08-06-2015, 02:14 PM   #20

Thermal Fuse

Heard back from the tech today, they replaced the lower control board only to have the problem of the two flashing lights continue. And with that they decided to test the thermal fuse, imagine that. Once they bypassed the thermal fuse the lights stopped blinking and fridge got down to operating temps over night. Apparently this "recall kit" is a common thing and they are able to grab a new thermal fuse out of it and will have my unit ready for pick up in the morning. Times like this I wish I could get the techs to read these forums so they could stop wasting their and my time.

The error codes in the manual do not list anything about a bad thermal fuse or about the two lights (mid and lowest temp) flashing. It gives every other combination, but not those two. I think I will jot this down in the manual for future reference.

Tags
refrigerator