Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-01-2013, 06:22 PM   #1

holding tank question??

We just dewinterized our roo233. I can't figure out why the holding tank water will not flow to faucets.? Is there a value somewhere to turn. ? If I hook the hose directly it.works.fine? Help
fountainracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 06:25 PM   #2

Probably a winterizing valve used to suck a/f is still in that position?
jtstromsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 06:28 PM   #3

Hmmm where would that value be located? By the water pump?
Old 06-01-2013, 06:30 PM   #4

Yes, more than likely right near the pump. Did you winterize, or did a dealer?
Old 06-01-2013, 06:35 PM   #5

The dealer did
Old 06-01-2013, 07:10 PM   #6

Ok. I'm not familiar with that camper, but if you can hear the pump, there is usually a small panel, held on with two screws, that opens to it. That is where three valve would be. It should have an option to go to a short hose that you use to suck antifreeze, and another option to suck from the tank.
Old 06-01-2013, 10:35 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

These might help. The bypass, if there is one (I installed mine because it did not come with one from the factory), should be near the pump.

There is a false panel (not shown here) to the left in the cupboard underneath the front bunk. See if there is a valve. The second pic is a close up of my brass winterizing kit. Yours might look differently, but the valve on mine is at the back of that. (Sorry that the pictures are out of order. I don't know why my iPhone does that )
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1459697909.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	31957   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2015544608.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	31958   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1405511784.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	31959   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3361310611.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	31960  

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 10:40 PM   #8

It's actually a very handy valve. When I went to fill my fresh water tank to sanitize it this week, I realized that if I attached my fresh water hose to the a/f connection instead of the city water connection, and opened the a/f valve, I could back fill the fresh water tank from the pump connection. I didn't have to stand there holding the hose in the normal freshwater fill hole. When the tank got full, I closed the valve, ran the pump to pump the bleach water through the system, then drained the tank with the drain valve. Then I just opened the a/f valve again and refilled the fresh water tank. Did this several times to flush the bleach solution out.
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 06:21 AM   #9
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfordroo View Post
It's actually a very handy valve. When I went to fill my fresh water tank to sanitize it this week, I realized that if I attached my fresh water hose to the a/f connection instead of the city water connection, and opened the a/f valve, I could back fill the fresh water tank from the pump connection. I didn't have to stand there holding the hose in the normal freshwater fill hole. When the tank got full, I closed the valve, ran the pump to pump the bleach water through the system, then drained the tank with the drain valve. Then I just opened the a/f valve again and refilled the fresh water tank. Did this several times to flush the bleach solution out.

Very cool idea!
Need to think on this as how best to implement in my 5th wheel.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 08:06 AM   #10

Quote:
I used this trick to add several gallons last weekend. I carry a couple inexpensive collapsible bladders, and a 6' piece of drinking water hose. Flip the winterizing valve, and sucked water from the bladders, into the system. Then used the outside shower hose to add into tank. Sounds complicated, but was simple and I didn't have to buy another pump.
Old 06-02-2013, 08:49 AM   #11

Quote:
You need to be careful with this approach. You can rupture your water tank or break its mounting brackets. The PrimeTime Sanibel RVs use this approach instead of a gravity fill. We have been instructed to fill only until the tank level lights indicate full and NOT to fill until water comes out the vent. See here for full details: http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ank-39267.html
BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 05:02 PM   #12

I guess it's possible, but seem doubtful if you remove the cover from the normal fill line, because you have both the vent and the normal fill line to vent the tank.
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote

« Tv | 2013 233s »