Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-28-2013, 07:09 PM   #1

Send a message via MSN to chrisgrissom1971
hot water heater in roo 233s

We had our walk through in November and have forgotten about the hot water heater bypass setup. We have three valves next to the hot water heater. What direction do we need to turn them?
chrisgrissom1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:12 PM   #2
Professional Texan

Here is a procedure:

http://www.primetimerv.com/download/...kReference.pdf

TexasBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 03:36 PM   #3

Cool

Let me tell you about our maiden run this weekend we had at Cheyenne Mtn State Park in Colorado Springs.

We got 2860 in Jan and the dealer went through all the info about the DSI unit. Never having a DSI/electric element or the bypass line, I had a very interesting time. As the dealer advised about the ON/OFF electric switch he placed it in the OFF and I never touched till this weekend.

Once we sanitized, we continued on with the set-ups. I thought I did the hot,cold, and bypass valve correctly. I then filled the water tank, fired up the propane using the Convenience Center switch, noticing the DSI Fault light stayed on until the ignitor fired up the propane-normal indication???-don't know, and waited about 45 minutes for the hot water. When the flames shut down, I checked all the faucets and we had hot and cold water where it should go. So thinking the propane worked I turned off the propane and turned on the electric to verify it worked. Hard to tell this one. So a few hours later the wifie went to shower and all we had was luke warm water.

So we waited a few hours for the electric to heat the water, and bascially nothing except flashes of hot then warm. I did notice that both hot and cold faucets were putting out warm.

So we went without.

So when I read this thread I then suspected I did not turn the bypass off. I went over to the MH and SAS I checked and it was on..makes sense now about the hot and cold faucets putting out warm.

I checked the propane switch on the CC and it now works as the DSU Fault is on again for a few seconds. The ignitor fired up and we had flames. I would suspect the electric element will work and I will check that later.

Question...why didn't the propane work even if the bypass was on..is there some sensor that protect us idiots from doing damage to the equipment..or do I have an intermittent problem with the water heater since it started working after the trip home. I hope the former and not the latter.

I was almost ready to call Suburban to set up a maint time for checkout until I read this thread.

Also unrelated to the heater, this is first slide unit we have had and discovered the vehcile engine has to be off before you can operate..makes sense.

Other than that eveything worked as should. I have read other threads of the nightmares other folks had and was kinda worried.

Great job on this Forest River.

Mike and Julie
Colorado Springs.
Wildkats66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 04:45 PM   #4
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Summer

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130505_164550.jpg
Views:	37842
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	29696
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 04:46 PM   #5
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Winter

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130505_164635.jpg
Views:	344
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	29697
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 08:33 PM   #6

Smile Second Maiden Voyage

We had our 2nd at Mountaindale RV Park in CO with a full load and all went well as did the Cheyenne Mtn First Maiden Voyage. Only then we did not use the shower and this time we did. Well the shower leaked in the corner towards the front the the MH. Appears either the seal broke loose from the travel or it was not sealed very well. No big deal that's what towels are for. Will just clean up the caulk and reseal. Otherwise the 2860 is just teriffic. Still getting about 10MPG with the Chevy 6.0.
Happy camping everyone..
Wildkats66 is offline   Reply With Quote