Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-12-2017, 01:50 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelW View Post
I like the idea of the TP roll holder inside the cabinet as well but my hubby doesn't like that idea. [emoji20] although, he's now warming up to the idea seeing that other owners have done the same thing.
We also put the TP holder (2109s) on the inside of the vanity door. Just be sure to use shorter screws than supplied so you don't go through the panel. We have an over the door hanger for towels and we use quick-dry towels from JCP. Paper towels are just stored above the stove for now.
'16 nights camped = 12 (first year)
www.travelingboilers.com
Traveling_Boilers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 02:16 PM   #22

We have a chrome tp tower that sits on the floor and holds 3 extra rolls. Got it at Winners for $ 25. I too did not want to pull holes in the wall. It's a one shot thing, it's got to be in the perfect spot.
swindells11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 02:32 PM   #23

Toilet paper and towel rack

This is our second go around with KES products from Amazon. The are adhesive, so NO screws and they work great. For paper towels we use a standup model that sits on the counter and lays down when traveling, usually in the sink.
relee52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 04:55 PM   #24

I, too, hate putting holes in the wall. But if you put screws into thin plywood use small screws with coarse threads, such as sheet metal screws. If they fail gradually work up until size, such as larger screws, then perhaps drywall inserts, then molly nuts. Lots of options at Home Depot, etc. Just start small, and avoid fine threads in thin wood. Oh, and install by hand, not with a power driver. Don't over tighten.
Andersen hitch
CedarCreekWoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 08:10 PM   #25

Installing towel and TP rack in the bathroom wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strigflag View Post
I use molly bolts, the short ones, to hang anything hi stress (towel bars) on luan doors or trim (under cabinets). You can also use togglers which are eaisier to find. Insofar as mounting low stress items on the interior walls, drywall anchors work well.

Check into huck bolt at at Lowes/depot. Like pop rivet expand large surface in back
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 08:56 PM   #26

Quote:
I found a really nice over the door towel rack that seems to work well but only holds 3 towels and there are at least 4 of us normally. I like the free standing TP holder idea. I'm going to check around for one that may work.
x2. I looked at the 2017 Rockwood Roo 23IKSS and the bathroom is identical to our 2109S bathroom. We bought two over the door clear plastic door hooks and hang our towels on the inside of the door. You barely notice the hooks outside of the bathroom.
mgarland48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 09:05 PM   #27

We got this for use in our Forester bathroom.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 04-12-2017, 09:22 PM   #28

I use two of these, side by side inside the under sink cabinet in my Windjammer. That puts it out of the way, but directly accessible. Since it is at the top edge of the door it doesn't interfere with storage. Also, the wood of the door is very thin & I didn't trust it to hold a screw for long. These are perfect for us. Of course, the roll is on its side, so no discussion about over/under for the end either!

I don't like the free-standing holders... we tried and splashes from the sink or drips after showers always seemed to get the TP wet. Under cover is safer for me.

https://www.amazon.com/mDesign-Toile...+tissue+holder
david_reaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 09:23 PM   #29

Quote:
We just bought our first travel trailer, a 2017 Rockwood Roo 23IKSS. We are in the process of setting it up inside. My husband is concerned about hanging things up using screws in the walls because there is very few, if any, supports behind the walls where these need to be hung. Any advise on what worked and even what didn't work. I'd love to avoid putting multiple holes in the wall.

Also, we bought a paper towel rack. Where have you guys hung yours? The wood under the microwave is paper thin and seems like ours not going to hold long.
Thank you all in advance for your help. I'd love any input on anything that is a " must know" for a new owner as well.

Rachel Weeams
We use Command Strips for hanging stuff on the walls. Some things take several depending on weight. For TP we use a stand. For PT we use a standing rack which get stowed away in a cabinet when traveling.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1401.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	344.8 KB
ID:	134583   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1415.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	276.8 KB
ID:	134584   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1417.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	248.0 KB
ID:	134585  
Southern Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 10:14 PM   #30
2016 Rockwood Roo 21dk

That picture inspired me to do the peel and stick tiles. Just ordered a sample.
jaymemiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 04:03 AM   #31

Thank you all for your help and advise. We decided to try the paper towel roll under the microwave. We just used much shorter screws with thicker thread. We purchased an over the door TP holder for under the bathroom sink. We'll see how it goes. We are planning on hanging the towel rack the same way (same type of screws) as the paper towel holder only on the wall in the bathroom. Thank you again. We fibs this forum extremely helpful and rewarding. It's so wonderful to have access to very helpful, extremely nice people who can not only share their expertise but also their short comings with no judgement. Below is the link for the TP holder we ordered.

mDesign Toilet Paper Holder for Bathroom Storage, Over the Tank - Chrome https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GOINL5W..._ZbZ8ybFQ9ED7W
RachelW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 06:18 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusty View Post
I have a Flagstaff 26RLSS and have screwed several hooks, towel bars, pictures & a couple of mirror's to the wall with no problems.
x2 I used small screws and the plastic inserts into the wall with no problems
bareftn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 06:39 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalsofEscape View Post
We mounted the tp holder on the cabinet door inside the sink cabinet. I picked up a nicer one at Lowes as I did not like the one that came with our camper. Have not installed the paper towel holder, we usually just stand the paper towel roll up on end on the counter.
X2. As well I mounted a paper towel holder on the bottom of the outdoor shelf that came with the trailer.

2017 GMC SLT HD All Terrain Crew Cab (6' 6" Box) 2012 Roo 23SS
E2 Trunnion WDH (1,000 lb / 10,000 lb)
Dave Lyon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bathroom, roo