Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-30-2020, 11:45 AM   #1

Kudos to Forest River

We have a Roo 21ss 2007, with the help of sales and service they we able to help me order a replacement bed door as ours was damaged due to a water leak. Cross fingers that replacing the door in the spring goes smooth.
Zeus1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 04:17 PM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus1972 View Post
We have a Roo 21ss 2007, with the help of sales and service they we able to help me order a replacement bed door as ours was damaged due to a water leak. Cross fingers that replacing the door in the spring goes smooth.
Having owned a 2007 23SS for 10 years, did you figure out where the leak was coming from? Might help other owners.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 03:15 PM   #3

I replaced my front bed door several years ago. Door was getting soft due to water ingress at the bottom seam where the frame and door panel meet. Water drains down the door and tiny gaps allow water to be sucked into the door interior via capillary action. Tiny and insidious.

A PITA to install and get to seal all the way around. I had to add additional seals on the door where it meets the body. Been good for several years now but I keep checking it -- and the joints where the frame and panels meet.

The 2006 front roller skating Roo decal was long out of production but the later version looks good. Came as a separate piece that had to be installed.

FR shipped the door directly to my factory receiving dock in a BIG box and the local Jayco dealer who serviced my Roo every spring installed it. Don't recall if I borrowed a pickup truck or it fit in my Expedition. FR gave me a 50% military discount -- never hurts to ask!

-- Chuck
Old 12-31-2020, 07:25 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck_S View Post
I replaced my front bed door several years ago. Door was getting soft due to water ingress at the bottom seam where the frame and door panel meet. Water drains down the door and tiny gaps allow water to be sucked into the door interior via capillary action. Tiny and insidious.

A PITA to install and get to seal all the way around. I had to add additional seals on the door where it meets the body. Been good for several years now but I keep checking it -- and the joints where the frame and panels meet.

The 2006 front roller skating Roo decal was long out of production but the later version looks good. Came as a separate piece that had to be installed.

FR shipped the door directly to my factory receiving dock in a BIG box and the local Jayco dealer who serviced my Roo every spring installed it. Don't recall if I borrowed a pickup truck or it fit in my Expedition. FR gave me a 50% military discount -- never hurts to ask!

-- Chuck

I am hoping it goes well. Unfortunately no military here but I was happy to be able to order the door myself because the local rv dealer wanted over 2000 to replace it. Our campground neighbor has done one before and offered to help. Fingers crossed. Although we don’t know exactly where the leak is coming from but the local dealers paperwork mentioned the same spot as you are disclosing. Can’t wait for camping this summer.
Old 12-31-2020, 07:32 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
Having owned a 2007 23SS for 10 years, did you figure out where the leak was coming from? Might help other owners.

We don’t know where the leak is just yet as we had to put it up for the winter but the paperwork from our dealer who estimated the repair said the leak was along the bottom of the door. We will be doing the door replacement in the spring.
Old 01-20-2021, 09:21 AM   #6

Bed door received

For fast service contact Forest River directly. We received our new bed door yesterday cross fingers that it is correct. Won't be installing until spring. First time doing this ever so hopefully all goes well.
Old 01-20-2021, 05:30 PM   #7

When we did the PDI for our trailer the tech actually mentioned to keep an eye on this area as it's prone to water ingress. I ran a bead as soon as I could but it was already a bit soft from the previous owner. I recently noticed that after a year the bead has already cracked - probably due to the weight of us sleeping on it. I cleaned it up best I could and put a strip of 4" Eternabond along the bottom frame of the bed door - I feel pretty confident that this will prevent any further leakage, and the white tape actually looks pretty smart on the white body of the trailer.
0rion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 11:46 PM   #8

Just ordered our replacement door for our roo 183. Hopefully it’s the correct. If you don’t mind me asking what was the charge for shipping? They did not have the original decal but I was able to find it on rvdecalsdirect.com. I’m hoping it’s an easy swap out one it does arrive.
Emmedia62487 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 08:18 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmedia62487 View Post
Just ordered our replacement door for our roo 183. Hopefully it’s the correct. If you don’t mind me asking what was the charge for shipping? They did not have the original decal but I was able to find it on rvdecalsdirect.com. I’m hoping it’s an easy swap out one it does arrive.
SHipping charge was $105 from Forest River in Indiana to Ohio. The sent me a map showing shipping charges based on location. We haven't swapped the bed door yet still waiting for better weather to do. Did look in the box this past weekend and it looks fairly easy the already have the mounting bracket installed on the new door and we ordered new seals. May have to get more for out other bed door just to be safe but will wait and access once we can uncover from the winter for the season. I will post once we have done the door swap. GOod luck to you with your door as well.
Old 03-02-2021, 08:22 AM   #10

Awesome I’m also in Ohio near Cleveland.
Old 03-02-2021, 08:24 AM   #11

Maybe Dan can link you to some of the earlier photo essays on replacing the bed door. Requires extensive disassembly of the interior of the trailer to insure it seals properly when closed. Mine needed additional seals to keep the rain out.

-- Chuck
Old 03-02-2021, 01:17 PM   #12

Quote:
Awesome I’m also in Ohio near Cleveland.
The only think I noticed and have to figure out how to do is to install the snaps underneath. So when the material wraps over the bed door there are 4 or 5 snaps to hold it in place it doesn't appear to have these installed or even in the box to install.
Old 03-02-2021, 01:47 PM   #13

If mine comes the same way I will probably measure there location on old door and transfer thoes measurements over to new door. Purchase new buttons and install them have to make sure you put some sealant when you screw them in so that you don’t have a repeat of the water damage
Old 03-02-2021, 01:54 PM   #14

Quote:
If mine comes the same way I will probably measure there location on old door and transfer thoes measurements over to new door. Purchase new buttons and install them have to make sure you put some sealant when you screw them in so that you don’t have a repeat of the water damage
Exactly although it appears our water damage is from water getting in at the bottom of the door right along that hinge must not be sealed very well. I cant believe a trailer dealer wanted over $2000 to do the repair most of it being in labor. Our campground neighbors had a hybrid previously and are helping us do this repair. I hope it all goes well.

Tags
forest river