Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-17-2019, 09:34 AM   #1

Leak Location help.

FR Roo 23IKSS. We found a leak inside the camper flooring/ bathroom cabinet area. The area water is coming from the inside we think the black drain pipe. either from the kitchen joint area or the bathroom sink area. The piping is all dry going down into the floor from both sinks. But we find the flooring wet along the wooden board, inside/ under the bathroom sink. Any help with ideas?Click image for larger version

Name:	48C519A2-C357-4667-8107-8371BED84A2F.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	334.7 KB
ID:	212657

Click image for larger version

Name:	117DE09A-1915-4888-BFDB-869AB9B81D79.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	403.3 KB
ID:	212658
SnoopyElva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 10:14 AM   #2
Scoundrel

Those can be a bugger to track down. I had a very similar leak with my micro lite although mine was under the shower basin and not the sink. It turned out to be a partial hairline fracture in the black drain pipe. Yours may not be the same problem but if it is here's what I did...

I dried all the plumbing under the sink really well (even used a hair dryer on the drain pipe). Next, I had someone open one faucet at time while you run your hands along the piping to see where the leak starts from. Its important to catch it as it starts before the water begins to travel along a surface. Keep opening different faucets if there are multiple drain pipes in the area.

Once I found the hairline crack I simply applied Eternabond tape to fix. Drain pipe leaks are not under pressure and Eternabond tape works well for those repairs.

Good luck

Wooden Spoon Survivor
HangDiver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 10:04 PM   #3

The black pipe is dry from the kitchen sink to the floor and the bath room sink to the stud in the wall.. the problem is getting to the location behind the stud/wall to the T joint or elbow. I am going to run food coloring in the sinks when we get home. To make sure it’s the waste/gray water. Going through the black pipe. Thank you getting stress already.
SnoopyElva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 10:18 PM   #4
Always Learning

The other thing I find helpful for slow leaks is to wrap areas in toilet paper. It’s very noticeable when they get wet. It has helped me isolate which piece is leaking.

Tags
cat, leak, location