Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-15-2016, 08:34 PM   #1

Lube electric front jack

Hi all
I have learned so much from this group. I purchase this 2010 roo 23ss in Alabama, cheaper in the east than the west. The trailer is in very good shape, but I am going thru it before our first trip. One thing still open is how to lube the front electric jack, it is currently noisy.
Bluemax542 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 10:25 PM   #2

I guess it would depend on what kind you have. My Bulldog doesn't have any maintenance instructions besides keeping it clean. I know people have had water leak passed the rubber plug for the manual crank (I try to keep the head unit covered when not in season). You could try opening the case and white lithing the moving parts. I also keep a bottle jack in the camper for that "Oh crap" day. (5 years in a SOB htt and going on 2nd season with the ikss and the power jacks haven't failed yet).
Old 02-22-2016, 10:20 PM   #3

Maintenance

I'm wanting to do some maintenance on our 2014 Roo this weekend.
The only maintenance we have really done on our camper is re-caulk the roof seals, waxing fiberglass, repack bearings and keeping rubber around bed and slide out clean.

Do I need to lube??
power awning - It's starting to make a noise when rolling up.
Stock power tongue jack
Slide out

Should I treat the roof w/ rubber roof UV treatment? I plan on washing it this weekend but have never sealed it. Don't know if I need to or not.

What caulk would you use for on the fiberglass around trim, lights and molding?

Anything else you can think of. We don't keep our camper at home so to plan ahead. Want to keep her in top shape.

Thanks!!
ParrishCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 05:36 AM   #4

You should condition the sealsaround the beds and slides several times a year and lube the slides also. I can't tell you what products I use because I store them in the camper and it's still in storage. However I did buy them from my dealer and they are products labeled for rv use. Both are aerosol sprays. You could probably get similar products at an auto parts or home store.
2013 Ram 1500
jking46 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electric