Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-31-2014, 01:20 PM   #21

Enjoy - you will love it!
Old 07-31-2014, 03:01 PM   #22

Congrats!!!! We want to get a topper for the one slide as well. I need to call the dealer. Does anyone know about how much they cost?

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
ladun6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 08:19 AM   #23

I don't recall pricing at the moment but got a quote from camping world prior to picking up the trailer. It was considerably cheaper than the dealer but dealer matched so shop around.

richl167 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 02:48 PM   #24

Congrats !! I'm picking mine up 8/25 !! yay !! Have you camped ?!

2012 LR4
2015 23ikss (picking up 8/25)
Equalizer hitch
Stickfigure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 02:54 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickfigure View Post
Congrats !! I'm picking mine up 8/25 !! yay !! Have you camped ?!
We took it this past weekend on its maiden voyage. Everything worked perfectly and we had a blast!

2015 Roo 23IKSS
TV: 2004 GMC Sierra
BMFLYFISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 06:53 PM   #26

Has anyone had problems trying to install their water filter? The dealer had told me it was installed when we did the pdi. I found the water filter in a drawer that was still wrapped in plastic thinking it was an extra one. When I got to the campground to hook up my water. I went to look for the water filter location. It took me about 30 minutes to finally locate it at the rear of the trailer where the rear storage door is and behind some panel board stapled to the floor. I also found the wrench to use, but was too tight to turn. From the angle I had to access it was nearly impossible to remove. Has anyone else experienced this with their 23IKSS?
JWHybrid2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 07:15 PM   #27

Same situation when we picked our 23IKSS up this summer. Filter cartridge was in the drawer. There are a bunch of threads here which talk about problems with the filter. First off, the replacement cartridges can only be purchased from Forest River and they are pretty expensive. More importantly though, some folks have had them unscrew on their own causing floods. A lot of people have removed the entire filter canister and either installed another brand of filter from HD or Lowes, or bypassed it completely.
I still have mine installed, but have never installed the filter cartridge. I use a Camco filter outside the camper which connects to the water hose, and the ultimate plan is to remove the factory filter completely and install a new filter in the kitchen island cabinet which will only filter water at the kitchen sink. The outside Camco filter will be fine for filtering the shower, toilet, and bathroom sink water. This way we will have the best water for cooking or drinking, but wont reduce the water pressure for the rest of the RV.

2019 Surveyor 251RKS
2008 Ford Expedition EL
DK-in-SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 07:17 PM   #28

Congrats on your new camper. I am hoping to get my rig soon.

2015 HW296
2006 HW256 (previous pup)
2013 Chevy Tahoe
Equalizer WDH 10000#
vinmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 07:51 PM   #29

Tech told us at PDI that the forest river cartridges leak carbon when new that blocks up small water connections on the toilet. He recommended we did not use the FR filter. Having already read posts on this forum I opted for an external camco filter. Still concerned the FR canister may leak and as it is hard to access, I may eventually pull it out. Btw flushed the external filter of carbon before I hooked first time to the camper.

richl167 is offline   Reply With Quote