Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-16-2015, 07:16 PM   #21

Quote:
Hey Caper - I like those drawer slides, they are pretty friendly to use and they would have saved me a little more room on the sides, the 1 inch (3/4) wood I use ate up some space on the sides. I have not seen these for sale anywhere near me though which is strange. I just opted for making a box instead. I did however use wood strips to also build up the right side of the cabinet, I just fastened them with toggle bolts, again made it easier to adjust.
I purchased the drawer slides at Home Depot. They make it easy to construct drawers because you only have to install the front, back and bottom.
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 08:58 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by caper View Post
If you install pullout drawers onto the peg board shelves, when you pull the drawer out the shelf will flip up at the back because of the weight being transferred beyond the front of the shelf.
This is true, however I think if she uses the locking clips (which force you push down a tab in order to free the shelf) She should be ok.
priest6479 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 09:04 PM   #23

I would not want to trust the tab to hold the weight of a drawer that is hanging off the front of the shelf.
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 09:13 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by caper View Post
I would not want to trust the tab to hold the weight of a drawer that is hanging off the front of the shelf.
Interesting point and I'm going to think on a solution

I wonder if putting more tabs towards the back would be sufficient especially since the amount of time the drawer would be extended would be minimal.
2014 Wildwood 231RBXL - Traded Her In
2016 Days Camped = 5; Reserved = 14 so far
2015 Days Camped = 24 / 2014 Days Camped = 23
Mrs Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 12:14 AM   #25

Nice install. Very motivating. Will measure a bit better as I did not realize the back of the cupboard is smaller. Ideally I would like to get some of these installed next month.

I was thinking of using this product, as they are available assembled and ready to go, and I thought the solidly made slide base would be good with the light pantry shelves. A bit pricey, but looks like an easy install for those of us without the carpentry skills and tools. They are available in several widths and depths.

Standard Rollout Shelf

Standard Rollout Shelf 21.5" deep For 8 inch Cabinet Opening - Shelf Improvement 3hX21.5dX7.75w - Space Savers - Camping World

Here is another link that I think might be the product manufacturer? The product offerings on Camping World have changed a bit from when I was looking last fall. I thought the 'Slant Shelf' model would be a good choice for our Roo 233S pantry, but I don't see them offered now.

Rollout Shelves by Shelf Improvement for Kitchen and Home cabinets

This manufacturer shows a 'Slant Shelf' variant, although not sure the fastening method is as robust.

sliding shelves that slide pull out kitchen shelfs slideout shelf rolling slide pullout shelving for your kitchen storage and pantry cabinets

Stu
2011 Ford Econoline Club Wagon
stugilmour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 06:36 AM   #26

Great job, what kind of wood is that?. Did you just use butt joints to build the box?
vibe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
233, 233s