Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-30-2015, 03:51 AM   #41

As I said previously, the water tank is not really an issue for us.

What I find wrong is the sizes of both the black and grey tanks. The use of the grey tank is much greater than the black one. Why don't they make them 20/40 or even 15/45
Drenjoey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 06:17 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drenjoey View Post
As I said previously, the water tank is not really an issue for us.

What I find wrong is the sizes of both the black and grey tanks. The use of the grey tank is much greater than the black one. Why don't they make them 20/40 or even 15/45
I am with you on that. The only hybrids I have ever seen to give you tank sizes that made sense were Aerolites and their clone brands Kodiak and more recently Coleman. We had an Aerolite 185 which had 52 fresh, 39 gray, 22black.

The 23 WS with its 36/30/30 is fine and not a dealbreaker but if mine arrives with a larger freshwater tank per that 2016 brochure I'll be happier than all get out. Its a big deal to me. I already plan on adding another freshwater tank.
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 11:42 AM   #43
Summer2Go

But is the shower "space" actually bigger?

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Summer2Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 12:42 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer2Go View Post
But is the shower "space" actually bigger?

You tell me. Compare the forward edge of the shower space with the front of the bowl. On the left is the SS, forward edge of shower almost lines up with front of bowl. On right is the WS, forward edge of the shower is at least 8" in front of the bowl. The cabinet behind the toilet on the WS is is a good 8" deep or better, and the back of it aligns with the back of the shower.

The wall to the left of the toilet in the WS has been shifted curbside, hence the reason for the wardrobe cabinet slideout. I'm not sure by how much.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5633000e8cbd11aa225d3764.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	93441   Click image for larger version

Name:	5634907387bd11b0231b592c.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	93442  
Old 11-01-2015, 02:45 PM   #45

I don't think the shower is bigger. We had a Palomino Stampede S238 prior to the 23ws and the shower with a seat was much bigger.
The only advantage in the Roo shower are the doors (no more hanging curtains).

Dre
Old 11-01-2015, 02:46 PM   #46

We laugh at the pounding guy as well but I will say on a different note, We bought from Haylett and they were and continue to be awesome. Others may have had a different experience but they were $3000.00 cheaper then the closest competitor when we bought our 2015 23ss. we are about 2 1/2 hours away but have no regrets about buying from them. In fact, Our local camper place actually told me good luck with my search, I wouldn't find a new one for what I was offering, Which they turned out to be correct but I was within 500.00. I have never had it back for service so I cant speak for that but I thought it was weird to have the salesman call 2 months later and ask how its going.
Purdyquibb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 03:10 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drenjoey View Post
I don't think the shower is bigger. We had a Palomino Stampede S238 prior to the 23ws and the shower with a seat was much bigger.
The only advantage in the Roo shower are the doors (no more hanging curtains).

Dre
I assumed Summer2go asked if its bigger that the 23SS, which it is replacing. I can tell you it is and substantially to a guy like me who is 6'-4' and 230. I was in both showers a few weeks ago.

Granted these are not to scale but it clearly shows that the 23WS is bigger. Not just the shower but the entire bathroom.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	e3f6951862fb617438f56e01f0af5bd7.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	93456   Click image for larger version

Name:	pdf_1410.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	93457  
Old 11-01-2015, 08:03 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purdyquibb View Post
We laugh at the pounding guy as well but I will say on a different note, We bought from Haylett and they were and continue to be awesome. Others may have had a different experience but they were $3000.00 cheaper then the closest competitor when we bought our 2015 23ss. we are about 2 1/2 hours away but have no regrets about buying from them. In fact, Our local camper place actually told me good luck with my search, I wouldn't find a new one for what I was offering, Which they turned out to be correct but I was within 500.00. I have never had it back for service so I cant speak for that but I thought it was weird to have the salesman call 2 months later and ask how its going.
I couldn't believe the service we got from Haylett...... We are in Maine and made the whole transaction online. Our salesperson (Bill McFadden) was always in contact with us from start to end informing us on everything including the best financing we could get...... the delivery cost.... etc etc.. We were aware of everything.

I would buy from them again and would refer anyone to them....Fantastic experience !

Dre
Old 11-02-2015, 01:12 PM   #49

While the water tank was not a deal breaker for us, we did end up buying a 85 gallon water tank from the local farm store. We then purchased a small pump to pump water into the TT. This makes our extended stays much much more bearable. Yes, I enjoy a shower every now and then :> )

rompinroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 06:44 PM   #50
Summer2Go

I would guess that all model Roos that upgraded to shower doors have the same size shower stalls. We were a little disappointed this year buying our first Roo, and my grown kids announced that they couldn't fit in the shower. I am sure they could if they were so inclined, but 6' guys find it pretty tight. I was thinking that sometime in the future I was going to have to get a tub model. It might be an option to get a shower door model if they are much bigger.

Summer2Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 06:54 AM   #51

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
the biggest positive is the larger shower.
the biggest negative is the loss of that great little pantry.

since it's the two of us, we rarely use the back bed. so the wardrobe slide is not a positve nor the narrow skinny-butt padded bench.

the new entertainment center is also a negative for us. our 23SS is older so having the tv hooked into the cabinet by the door, works great for us. it's visible from all angles since it's freestanding, especially from the front bunk where we usually sleep.
Now, here are our reasons for buying the 23WS...

a) Definetely the shower (no more curtains)

b) The rear bedroom and here's why: Honesty here

1- My wife and I are snorers, both in our 60's and need our sleep at night. She will use the back room, and I will use the front bed.
2- I also watch television before falling asleep, and she doesn't. For this, I will bring the antenna connections to the small cabinet at the entrance and put a small television on that cabinet at night.
3- I also wake up very early in the morning, and I will be able to use the kitchen without waking up my wife who sleeps a little longer.

As for the pantry, since we never hang clothes when we go camping, I'll make a minor mod in the wardrobe closet and use part of it as a pantry.

This hybrid is not for everyone but, it is the best one for us.

Dre
Old 11-08-2015, 07:52 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestrangebrew View Post
Here you go::

HaylettRV.com - 2016 Rockwood Roo 23WS Hybrid Ult…: https://youtu.be/v3KyI2zZrMI

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Thanks I did not know there was and orb app to control my i33 version of the radio and now thanks to you I have the app bc of this video 😀

2014 F150 FX4 Crew 4X4 EB
2015 Roo 23IKSS

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 11-30-2015, 10:20 AM   #53

I just received an email, Our 23WS is scheduled to come off the line Wed Dec 9th.
Old 11-30-2015, 05:08 PM   #54

I'm sure you're anxious to see that Roo.....Like we were.
Unfortunately for us, we didn't have a chance to use it yet. Winter is at our door, the ADCO cover is on the Roo and we now have to wait till spring !.....But one thing I know is you will love that new camper
Old 12-09-2015, 07:40 AM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by itat View Post
Very interesting. Here are my observations compared to the 23SS.

Pros:
- more storage than the 23SS
- much improved bathroom, shower looks more usable
- really like the new double row of LED interior lights but are there any switches on individual light fixtures so you don't have to have them all on at once?
- drawer in the cabinet beside the door; I think they borrowed the idea from a mod that a member of this forum did!
- external access doors to a couple cabinets on the curb side

Cons:
- location of entertainment system. They took away a great pantry cabinet; it's more likely to be damaged if you forget to secure it before bringing in the slideout; it's unusable from the sofa; highly likely to get dirty/greasy from the stove.
- door in rear is bad idea. Cuts off air circulation; gets in the way; a curtain would serve the purpose for privacy because that door is not sound-proof
- bench under the wardrobe slide is too narrow to be useful

For me, the entertainment system location is such a bad idea I'd stick with the 23SS. Too bad, because everything else is a net positive (but I'd get rid of the rear bedroom door).

I happen to like Joshua Winters' videos because they show you a lot more detail about the units than those 2-3 minute videos.

Agree completely. I'm not totally thrilled with the 23WS floor plan and use of interior space such as the wardrobe slide. Although we love our 23SS floor plan, if I was replacing it with another like hybrid, I would buy the 23IKSS.

2017 GMC SLT HD All Terrain Crew Cab (6' 6" Box) 2012 Roo 23SS
E2 Trunnion WDH (1,000 lb / 10,000 lb)
Dave Lyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 04:26 PM   #56

Everyone is entitle to their opinion........What's great for one person doesn't mean it's great for another.
Old 12-11-2015, 10:40 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Lyon View Post
Agree completely. I'm not totally thrilled with the 23WS floor plan and use of interior space such as the wardrobe slide. Although we love our 23SS floor plan, if I was replacing it with another like hybrid, I would buy the 23IKSS.
The wardrobe slide is how they were able to make the bathroom wider to accommodate the larger shower. It also allows a linen cabinet behind the toilet. Compared to the 23SS, you still get a huge 3 door ward cabinet, a larger bathroom with linen storage cab, and a larger shower while still maintaining the same amount of room to access the rear bunk while the slide is out? I don't know why anyone wouldn't be thrilled about that?

I didn't measure it but I can tell you its a huge improvement. Something most Hybrids have been lacking is a usable size shower. They also used some thought on the overall layout. Even with both slides retracted you can still easily get to all areas of the unit. You can get past the ward slide when retracted to access the rear bunk if need be.

They did right by adding the wardrobe slide to make that happen, changing the 23SS to the 23WS. They also opened up more the of the storage to be outside accessible. That was the reason I passed on a 23ss a few years back, lack of exterior accessible storage. I'll live with the other things like TV location which is supper easy to move anyway.

To get the larger shower on the IKSS they eliminated one of the ward cabs. Same on the 233S which really hurts its storage arrangement.

The 23IKSS deal breaker for us was the amount of space you lose under the awning from the curbside slide. It only would make sense to us if we spent a substantial amount of our time inside and cooked or used the kitchen inside a lot. We do neither. I am also not a big fan of gas absorption fridges in slide outs that can not be vented through the roof.
Old 12-17-2015, 12:54 PM   #58

Interesting he mentions the 23WS has a 7.0 cubic foot refrigerator and freezer? Rockwood site doesn't state the size and I have the same handles on my 2015 23IKSS.

Does anyone know if the Roo I have had the same 7.0 cfoot refer/freezer?

2015 Roo 23IKSS

Old 12-17-2015, 01:57 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked1 View Post
Interesting he mentions the 23WS has a 7.0 cubic foot refrigerator and freezer? Rockwood site doesn't state the size and I have the same handles on my 2015 23IKSS.

Does anyone know if the Roo I have had the same 7.0 cfoot refer/freezer?

2015 Roo 23IKSS

If you have the same handles as in the video, and blue LED lights inside, you most likely do have a 7.0. 7.17 actually. Look at your manual and see if its a "Renaissance" model.
Old 12-17-2015, 02:41 PM   #60

Ah I do have the same handles and Blue Light in the refrigerator so I must.

2015 Roo 23IKSS

Tags
hybrid, modifications