Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-24-2018, 06:10 PM   #61
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfordroo View Post
Just talk to the PUG people, they'll know.
x2
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 09:55 PM   #62

New RV

Congrats on the new 21SS. I hope you enjoy yours as much as we have our 2015.

In your area we have enjoyed staying at the Chain-O-Lakes State park in Spring Grove or Illini State Park in Marseilles.

Folded throw blankets over the wood and in front of the mattresses protect your knees as you get in and out of bed.

Command-strip cell phone holders keep your phones on the wall organized and charging between the door & TV.

Small fabric covered tote boxes (from Meijer) fit perfectly behind the mesh over the front bunk for efficient organization.

Meijer also has a paper-towel dispenser that neatly mounts on the cabinet behind the light and speaker above your sink..and the brushed metal model has tensioners that prevents accidental unrolling during travel.

A Shark Rocket vacuum fits under the front under-bunk storage cabinets & keeps everything clean.

There is no good place for a coffee maker in a 21SS. We use a plastic-top TV-type tray (with raised edges to catch splashes) between the Sofa and front bed to hold both the vital Coffeemaker & a toaster. The outlet is right there. Added bonus; you can reach out and turn on the coffeemaker without getting out of bed.

White mesh shower organizers from the dollar store make a great place, when hung on the bunk support rods, for the outboard bunk sleeper to store glasses, tissues, flashlight, phone, etc.

A pair of lightweight cube-type storage ottomans make the sofa more comfortable and make a convenient place to store bedding.

BAL x-chocks on one set of wheels in addition to the factory stabilizers takes out the shake from the occupied camper.

I was going to get pop-up-Gizmos to help prevent condensation when camping in the 20’s and 30 degree weather (especially when camping for Thanksgiving) but a small electric dehumidifier from Lowe’s does a great job for us. No more morning dripping from the bunks!
Velosprout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 10:21 PM   #63

To your original question...yes to the slide out topper. Also I advise the night shades, heated tanks, and rain covers over both of the Fantastic Fans.
Old 02-01-2018, 10:17 AM   #64

Thank you so much. This is good input. Have a great day.
pmoberg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 03:28 PM   #65

Before I close on the camper I would like to purchase a back up camera or observation system. Is there a big difference. Dealer can supply Furrion camera. Cost ? Any thoughts and or recommendations ? Thank you in advance. Sorry for so many questions thus far. Great learning process. All you guys have been great. my only hope is that I can be as useful. Excited to get started !!!
Old 02-06-2018, 03:40 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmoberg1 View Post
Before I close on the camper I would like to purchase a back up camera or observation system. Is there a big difference. Dealer can supply Furrion camera. Cost ? Any thoughts and or recommendations ? Thank you in advance. Sorry for so many questions thus far. Great learning process. All you guys have been great. my only hope is that I can be as useful. Excited to get started !!!
Do you know whether it is prewired for a Furrion observation camera? If it is, this is the model you want: Furrion FOS48TA-BL. You can also get the Furrion FOS48TAPK-BL, which is the same but includes the bracket mount for the camera itself.

My 233S included a bracket, so I went with the 48TA instead of the 48TAPK.

The 48TAPK can be purchased on Amazon for $345.
Old 02-06-2018, 04:09 PM   #67

Yes, it is suppose to be ready for the Furrion? I am buying a 21ss Roo
Old 02-06-2018, 11:43 PM   #68

Quote:
Personally I think the Furrion is way overpriced for what it is.

If you have a smartphone something like this will do just as well

https://www.amazon.com/SVTCAM-SV-928...trailer+camera

If you want a full time screen on your dash there are similar setups with a LCD screen. There are also ways to tie it into a factory LCD display on the dash if you have one but those adaptors or special programming gets more expensive.
Hersbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 10:19 AM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hersbird View Post
Personally I think the Furrion is way overpriced for what it is.

If you have a smartphone something like this will do just as well

https://www.amazon.com/SVTCAM-SV-928...trailer+camera

If you want a full time screen on your dash there are similar setups with a LCD screen. There are also ways to tie it into a factory LCD display on the dash if you have one but those adaptors or special programming gets more expensive.
I don't disagree re: cost. But, with the Furrion, I was up and running in about 5 minutes.
Old 02-07-2018, 11:54 PM   #70

My truck (a 2014 heavy-duty payload package F150 SuperCrew XLT) doesn't have navigation, a backup camera, or a dash cam. I have a Garmin GPS that I have been using for nearly a decade, but I plan to replace it with the Garmin DezlCam LMTHD. This unit, designed for semi trucks. allows you to put in the dimensions of your truck/trailer to alert for height an weight restrictions, has a built-in dash cam, and capacity to attach a wireless back-up camera. I am just waiting for price...they started at $500 when introduced and I haven't found them priced yet below about $460. It also has truck specific points of interest (truck stops), is equipped with voice-activated navigation. Navigation includes landmarks instead of just street names. You can also add the BC30 Wireless Back Up Camera, so the GPS/Dash Cam unit doubles as a back up camera automatically showing when placed in reverse. There is an option where the camera can be wired instead of just wireless (wireless up to 45 feet) and then can be toggled between GPS and camera while driving. Up to four cameras can be used with the one system for different angles or you could put one on the back of your tow vehicle and one on the back of your trailer. I think the cameras sell for around $100.

This unit will help me meet all my needs without cluttering up the dash/window with three different devices and will be adaptable to trades of trailers or tow vehicles.
Old 02-08-2018, 10:28 AM   #71

What are you currently using ?? Did you install anything previously ? I will be pulling my 21ss Roo with a 2017 Sierra 1500 4x4 Z71 with 8" display screen. Do you know are these units Blue Tooth Or hard wired ?? Was wondering if these unts will be easily adapted to my Gmc. Thanks you all for your advice and suggestions.
Old 02-08-2018, 11:03 AM   #72
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Yes.
The Furrion back-up camera is a narrower field of view and seems to have lower quality video.

I'd buy the observation camera.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 02:27 PM   #73

Quote:
What are you currently using ?? Did you install anything previously ? I will be pulling my 21ss Roo with a 2017 Sierra 1500 4x4 Z71 with 8" display screen. Do you know are these units Blue Tooth Or hard wired ?? Was wondering if these unts will be easily adapted to my Gmc. Thanks you all for your advice and suggestions.
If you bought this

https://camera-source.com/automotive...ry-camera.html

It would be possible to add any 2nd camera to your factory display. To make it wireless you would have to add a wireless camera to put on the trailer (Wi-Fi has a longer range than Bluetooth so I would look wifi) and a matching receiver to put in the truck and connect to this harness.

Ps, that company may have a lower price option without any camera included or a higher price setup with a camera that would work, I don't know and didn't look at all options. I just know it's possible to add things to all the factory displays.
Hersbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 02:52 PM   #74

Good to know. I am sure someone has already gone through this. It should not be real complicated. Thanks for the info.