Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-03-2013, 09:31 PM   #1

New to ROO and camping...

It looks like my family will become new owners of a roo 23ss. It's a 2007 model, but it appears it has been very well maintained. The current owners are going to give us a complete walk through on setting it up, breaking it down, etc. If any other owners can give us some tips on what to look for, it is much appreciated. Also, as someone that is new to camping in anything other than a tent, how does the roo 23ss rank when compared to other hybrids?

Thanks again, and if all goes well, I'm sure we'll become active members of this site...our daughter is now potty trained, and it's our goal to get her hooked on being outdoors and camping instead of hooked on computers and cellphones...Some of my fondest memories growing up were when our family would go camping with other families. I hope she can say the same thing some day...

Thanks again. ����
LilysROO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:42 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Congratulations on your new camper and welcome to the forum!

This will help with your walk through: Forest River Forums - Downloads - PDI Checklist

Ther are no rankings with campers and they all use much of the same appliances, materials such as roofs, etc and systems. Ther are some who don't use any organic material such as luan but these are not hybrids.

The real differences with hybrids in particular are the bunk designs. With any used hybrid, pay particular attention to how good they look and if there is any sign of water intrusion.

Happy camping!

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 06:46 AM   #3

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your 2007 Roo 23SS.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 07:44 AM   #4

Welcome to RVing! I grew up camping with my family too and have wonderful memories of our trips.

My sis & her family camp as well and got a new to them Roo last year. I think it's a 23' but it has a slide where the dinette is. I can't get over how much room there is in it! The design seems to be very well thought out and functional. Getting it set up and closed up goes pretty quickly and easily. The only issue they had that I know about was thinking the fresh water tank was full because it over flowed out the intake. It wasn't though! The intake hose was kinked and had dropped below the water line so it wouldn't take on any water. Once that was discovered and fixed, it's been fine.

Your daughter is one of the lucky ones but will always blame you for her camping addiction!

Enjoying the great outdoors with one hubby and 2 boxers!
2011 Georgetown 280DS
2010 Jeep Wangler 4x4 Toad
KarenS144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 12:37 PM   #5
Site Team

We also own a 2007 23SS and have loved it for over 6 years.
You wouldn't happen to be the two teachers that bought my friends' 23SS in Tennessee?
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote