Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-25-2012, 03:52 PM   #1

Owners of new 233S trailers...

Hey friends. If you have recently taken delivery of a 2013 or late 2012 233S, can you tell me if you've run into any problems? I'm going Thursday morning to pick up our new 2013. The dealership said delivery walk through would take a couple of hours. I'm hoping that means they take their time and do things right. This will be our second hybrid after having a Starcraft 19CK for 5 years. So there will be a lot I'm familiar with. Add in all the reading I've been doing on the forums and I feel pretty confident about it all. But I'm guessing there's someone out there that has had a bad delivery in the past month or so and I would love to hear from them with regards to any problems.

Thanks,
Mark
BeagleIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:15 PM   #2

A couple issues that seem to keep appearing are 1) the couch is set about an inch too close to the front bed and is hitting the lower cabinet. 2) Issues with the cd/dvd player not working correctly. A 3rd issue that you will hopefully avoid is faulty bed doors - water is leaking within the door frame itself. Hope this helps and I'm sure the others will point out more items.
Alisa06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 05:02 PM   #3

We had a problem with the refrigerator door falling out from the bottom like a gillotine almost taking our daughter feet off. So far ok on the beds and everything else . Good luck happy camping.
pony express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 05:54 PM   #4

Two big issues during the walk though
1. Leaky bunks
2. Genesis Entertainment unit wouldn't read disks
They were both fixed before I took delivery.

Now I see my FW is not secure it slides side to side.

2020 Salem Cruise Lite 241QBXL
2016 Ram 1500 Big Horn Eco-Diesel
Previous Trailer -> 2012 Rockwood Roo 233s
-> 1996 Jayco 1207
Barney1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 05:58 PM   #5

I am here to learn.Thanks for sharing.
Jessica1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 06:02 PM   #6
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeagleIL View Post
Hey friends. If you have recently taken delivery of a 2013 or late 2012 233S, can you tell me if you've run into any problems? I'm going Thursday morning to pick up our new 2013. The dealership said delivery walk through would take a couple of hours. I'm hoping that means they take their time and do things right. This will be our second hybrid after having a Starcraft 19CK for 5 years. So there will be a lot I'm familiar with. Add in all the reading I've been doing on the forums and I feel pretty confident about it all. But I'm guessing there's someone out there that has had a bad delivery in the past month or so and I would love to hear from them with regards to any problems.

Thanks,
Mark
Dont let them denote the time it takes to do your pdi ! You take all the time you need!
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 06:36 PM   #7
Adventurer

X2 fridge door fell and almost crushed dd toes,

Other than that, so far so good
Local Ohio CGs - West Branch SP
4kmprs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 06:50 PM   #8

Check the couch issue regarding it being too close to the cabinet. The guy who did our PDI at House of Camping had fixed it before we got there, but told us what he had done. Otherwise we've been very happy with our 233S and all of the few warranty issues we've had have been repaired without question and to our satisfaction.

I've had the radio/CD/DVD player replaced x1. It stopped reading the disks after a few trips, but FR sent a replacement and we've had no problems with the new one. Hopefully it was just one bad apple.

Check to see how securely your door clamp mechanisms are attached to the doors. Ours seem to be coming loose, and the screws stripped. I'm going to have it looked at within the next week or so. It's not a big deal, and both our dealer and FR have been great so far, so I expect more of the same.

You'll love the space in the 233S! Have fun with it!
Wife: NY
Me: IL
3 Akitas (RIP D-Dog)
biken201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:05 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
Dont let them denote the time it takes to do your pdi ! You take all the time you need!
I agree with Turbo. My walkthrough for our 233S last year was unhurried and lasted 3-4 hours. My DW was along as well and no one rushes her

Actually, I think the guy enjoyed it. I gave him our list of items that we wanted to review and he estimated the time. It helped for him to be aware of our expectations.

This thread has a fairly lengthy PDI list with some hybrid specific things that you can modify or use as is.

Good luck and

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:51 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by biken201 View Post
The guy who did our PDI at House of Camping
I purchased from House of Camping too. So maybe they;kk have looked for a lot of the obvious things they've seen before...

Mark
BeagleIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 09:33 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4kmprs
X2 fridge door fell and almost crushed dd toes,

Other than that, so far so good
Did anybody have a solution or the guillotine style fridge? We just picked up ours yesterday and had the same problem but snapped it back in place. Is this something to have fixed or is it just common for first day?
Old 04-29-2012, 09:48 AM   #12

I would say some sort of error in the way there made.ours went back in to but three eod that sits on the little dimples in the plastic was damage so I could for see further problems do dealer ordered new door and new plastic. they also advised dbl sided sticky tape on the new one still waiting..
pony express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 11:20 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by pony express
I would say some sort of error in the way there made.ours went back in to but three eod that sits on the little dimples in the plastic was damage so I could for see further problems do dealer ordered new door and new plastic. they also advised dbl sided sticky tape on the new one still waiting..
Thanks- good luck
Old 04-29-2012, 01:36 PM   #14
Adventurer

X2 Same problem that pony express had. Plastic pin was broken which reduced weight bearing capacity of plastic retention strip that goes under the panel.
Local Ohio CGs - West Branch SP
4kmprs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
233, 233s