Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-10-2013, 08:41 PM   #1

Popup Gizmos and Velcro

I have sent my PUGS back to get the right sizes for my camper (was sent wrong ones by mistake). I was outside measuring up one of the bunks tonight and began to remember posts on here about people getting velcro sewed on theirs. That all got me wondering if I should have Bob do the same to mine as it could save plenty of setup time if I could leave them attached and close up the bunk ends with them inside. I'm curious if others have done that with their Roo. I almost think it might work but would love to hear some real experience from others who have tried. If I have velcro sewed on can I still attach using clips if I decide I prefer that method? Also...those who have had it sewed on what does he generally charge?

https://instagram.com/pineforestcamper#
----------------------------------------
PineForestCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 11:49 AM   #2

I installed Velcro on the pugs I had just by using the adhesive backed Velcro strips. Loved having it attached that way and made set up fast and easy!

I'm curious also if anyone has done something similar with their hybrid. Wondering if it will affect closing the bunks.
Scottnlaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 11:54 AM   #3
Resident Masshole

Haven't done it yet, but my wife plans to sew a few velcro strips to our PUGS (the fuzzy part), probably a 6" strip in the middle, and another 3" strip off each side of center.

I plan on using self-adhesive + 3M spray glue to attach the loop end of the velcro directly onto the canvas, as high up as I can get it. I used the same 3M glue to attach velcro in my shower and it has held up really well so far.

I found using the small clips on the rubber seal was starting to damage it, so I definitely don't want to use those much longer.
Nights camped in 2014: 8
Nights camped in 2013: 30
force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 07:01 AM   #4

I use the space blankets instead of actual PUGS, and use adhesive velcro at the top of the bunk doors. I've had no problems with leaks and it does save a bunch of time. I leave them attached when I close up and have had no issues.
Wife: NY
Me: IL
3 Akitas (RIP D-Dog)
biken201 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pop up