Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-24-2012, 11:04 AM   #1

Power Jack recommendations please

Day one of having the 233S home with us and finding places to store everthing. DH installed our power jack (Atwood heavy duty). Step back to take a look at his good work and ... Uh oh. It sits too high to open the front bed Sooo, seeing no way to rectify this with the current jack, does anyone have recommendations for a power jack that will fit?
Alisa06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 11:50 AM   #2
Mod free 5er

A picture would definitely help, but if he has access to a welder, the flange that bolts to the A frame can be cut loose and raised up the tube and the inner & outer tube shortened.
Old 03-24-2012, 12:03 PM   #3

sorry I cant be of assistance to your question other then what Dunnnc's suggestion is a possability but it would most likely void the warranty on your jack if it was to ever fail

you could also send triguy or bikendan a private message - seems those two have alot of good info on the Hybrid's since they both own one.
USMC 91 - 95 - F/A-18 Aviation Ordnance
sherdep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 01:09 PM   #4
Mod free 5er

Don't think I would worry about the warranty issue, there would be no modifications to the motor assy and if you have ever taken a power jack apart, with just a few changes to a manual jack, you can take the motor assy from a power jack and put it on the manual tubes. If the warranty is an issue with them, I would just modify the manual jack to accept the motor assy and keep the power jack tubes untouched and remount it if something went wrong with the motor. Problem solved.
Old 03-24-2012, 01:10 PM   #5
Site Team

some power jacks will not work with hybrids.
that's why i read the specs on different brands and found some were too high.
you should call Atwood's customer service dept. and tell them what going on and see if they have any suggestions.

it would help knowing the model number and top-to-mounting plate length.
Atwood does make a Short model.

or take it back and get a Ultra-Fab or Barker. my UF fits fine and pretty sure the Barker fits too.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 02:41 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Alisa,
I put a Barker 3500 on my 233s which fits (just in case you are looking for alternatives).

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 02:51 PM   #7

Thanks for the help. Since we have had the Atwood for a couple years now, (had it on the Jayco 26L before this) there won't be a return/exchange for a different one. Will put this one on Craigslist and invest in a new one. After all, I promised DH I would keep this camper for at least 4 years before changing up again!
Alisa06 is offline   Reply With Quote