Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-14-2020, 05:03 PM   #1

Propane lines

I'm wondering about adding a propane line/quick connect to passenger side of my 233S under/near bathroom. Has anyone done this?
Fullroo233s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 08:37 PM   #2

Gas Pipe

yep, not to big of a deal... All the piping and hangers come from Home Depot, quick disconnects come from Amazon. I bought the pipe in 8' length, cut it to size then went back to Home Depot and they threaded it for me.
mescuba4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 01:06 PM   #3

Doesn't sound bad at all....really just plumbing anyway
Old 07-15-2020, 01:32 PM   #4

Propane Lines

The biggest thing is to use a good sealant on the threads and test for leaks afterwards. The mod sure makes life easier. I use a portable grill and always hook it to the gas line on the camper with a 12' hose
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Gas Quick Disconnect.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	175.6 KB
ID:	233959  
mescuba4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 01:46 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullroo233s View Post
just plumbing anyway
Yeah...that’s what all of my customers tend to think. I always wonder why they call me.

Bruce
Old 07-15-2020, 02:03 PM   #6

Yep...easy. I moved my entire supply line from the fitting on the frame by the tanks all the way back. Line ran under center of trailer and I needed room for the under the frame spare tire carrier. Moved entire line about 3 feet over to the inside edge of frame.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 03:32 PM   #7

This kind of leads in to my question. Just bought a camp chef 2 burner griddle. I was wondering if you could remove the hose 4ft hose that came with my Room 183, and replace it with a 12'? Just so there is more availability to move it. Not sure how, where it's connected, and if you can would a 12' would fit inside the side of the trailer?

Thanks in advance.
RooMan183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 03:54 PM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by RooMan183 View Post
This kind of leads in to my question. Just bought a camp chef 2 burner griddle. I was wondering if you could remove the hose 4ft hose that came with my Room 183, and replace it with a 12'? Just so there is more availability to move it. Not sure how, where it's connected, and if you can would a 12' would fit inside the side of the trailer?

Thanks in advance.
It would be easier to change the Camp Chef hose to something longer. That's what I did with mine.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 03:57 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad297 View Post
Yeah...that’s what all of my customers tend to think. I always wonder why they call me.

Bruce
Look at the money one can make fixing the DIY plumbing.

My Son isn't a plumber but he gets called daily to fix someone's DIY installation and funny thing, they never complain about the price. Not like they do on jobs he provides quotes for in the beginning.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 04:06 PM   #10

Thats what I figured. Seems like the add on quick connect would be the easier option. Just thought it would be better to store inside the wall one less thing in the way.
RooMan183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 04:30 PM   #11

Today's generation of handy men and service techs love the mindset of most people nowdays ... screwing fittings together with some paste sealant is just too hard ... but I've always been a mechanic by trade. Anyways ... one thing to consider is where you tap in to your propane feed. Many grills already have a regulator on them and tapping into the propane line after your OEM regulator will not work well with those type of grills due to the pressure already being reduced by the OEM regulator. You can either tap directly from the propane tank with a T fitting right at the shut off valve or you can remove the regulator already on your grill. Before I get the all points alarm sounded for using the high pressure straight from the tanks ... they make propane fittings and line for that very pressure scenario. It all depends on if your grill already has a regulator.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 02:36 PM   #12

I would search for what will work with what I installed. If I need low pressure grill I'll find one

Tags
propane