Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-25-2016, 09:41 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnJohn View Post
I was at the Tampa show, one of the largest, and looked at FR and Keystone. CW had both and others had a selection as well. I do not recall seeing a Roo at that show either. Prevost dominated the MHs, Keystone the 5ers and TTs (especially Cougar). FR was strong with many models (especially Rockwood). Bullet had a good showing along with their light model. One of the biggest shows in the US and it was great to see.
Not surprised at all. Did they have any Hybrids from other brands? Hybrids are not a huge seller in Florida I am told, has to do with the sun and heat.
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 09:43 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finster View Post
I'm sure they'd be tickled to order me one for 23,900. But I'm not paying anywhere close to that. I'm all for buying locally but RVOne in Des Moines isn't really that far away. About 90 minutes. So we're talking less than $30 in fuel and 3 hrs of my time round trip to save 4k. That's kind of a no-brainer.

Indeed. If that happens to not work out I'll order you one for 21999 and deliver it.
Old 01-25-2016, 01:53 PM   #23

IMO only 15K AC is not needed I have the 13.5 and it gets like the Antarctic in there

2014 F150 FX4 Crew 4X4 EB
2015 Roo 23IKSS

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 01-25-2016, 02:04 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked1 View Post
IMO only 15K AC is not needed I have the 13.5 and it gets like the Antarctic in there

2015 Roo 23IKSS

You're right. The only reason I ordered it was because it was only $181 option. Honestly through 2 other hybrids and a popup with AC, we probably used it less than 2 dozen times. I mostly use it when working on or packing the trailer in the yard.

The option they have that I don't understand why it's even offered is the thermopane windows. The wall they are installed in is an R-7, and your end walls are an R-0. People say they cut down on noise but that's not relative either to a hybrid. The only benefit I can see is they won't get condensation as bad but at $653 that's a little steep for that benefit?
Old 01-25-2016, 02:25 PM   #25

Ditto to the 13.5 ac. It's all we have needed as long as we didn't let the heat build up too much. One time we left the ac off while sightseeing and it took quite awhile to pull the temp down. O well...lesson learned.
2013 Ram 1500
jking46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 03:08 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Havercamp View Post
Not surprised at all. Did they have any Hybrids from other brands? Hybrids are not a huge seller in Florida I am told, has to do with the sun and heat.
That show had visitors from all over the US and Canada. Really did not look at other brands in any detail. I was interested in FR (Rockwood) and Keystone (Cougar) mostly. Paid little attention to any others.

I've been in a few CGs in FL and you may be on to something ~~ have not seen one. In Oct there was one at the Outer Banks. That week a cold front with a lot of wind. Real cold and a LOT of wind. He was backed up to the Pamlico Sound as I was. He lasted 2 nights and with no relief in the forecast pulled out.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 03:13 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnJohn View Post
That show had visitors from all over the US and Canada. Really did not look at other brands in any detail. I was interested in FR (Rockwood) and Keystone (Cougar) mostly. Paid little attention to any others.

I've been in a few CGs in FL and you may be on to something ~~ have not seen one. In Oct there was one at the Outer Banks. That week a cold front with a lot of wind. Real cold and a LOT of wind. He was backed up to the Pamlico Sound as I was. He lasted 2 nights and with no relief in the forecast pulled out.
To me there is nothing like sleeping under the canvas, especially when its raining. I love riding out bad weather in a hybrid and I have camped through all of it. Hybrids are really regional I think. They are huge here in PA, you see many. You never see many at any of the shows though. They have a lower cost which translates to less profit. Floor space at those shows is pricey.
Old 01-25-2016, 07:46 PM   #28
Summer2Go

I'm a little concerned about my air now. I have a 183, a really small 233. The 13,500 air does not freeze us out on a hot day. We didn't use it a lot, as we were not plugged in to 30 amp too much. I either didn't turn it on right or it is malfunctioning. It's in for warrantee work now. I hope I didn't miss something to add to the list!

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Summer2Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 07:50 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer2Go View Post
I'm a little concerned about my air now. I have a 183, a really small 233. The 13,500 air does not freeze us out on a hot day. We didn't use it a lot, as we were not plugged in to 30 amp too much. I either didn't turn it on right or it is malfunctioning. It's in for warrantee work now. I hope I didn't miss something to add to the list!

Two questions.

Were you in direct sun with all 3 tents open? If so it won't keep up.
Do you have PopupGizmos
Old 01-25-2016, 07:54 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Havercamp View Post
To me there is nothing like sleeping under the canvas, especially when its raining. I love riding out bad weather in a hybrid and I have camped through all of it. Hybrids are really regional I think. They are huge here in PA, you see many. You never see many at any of the shows though. They have a lower cost which translates to less profit. Floor space at those shows is pricey.
Rarely see them but those that own them are happy with the choice. After feeling fortunate if I had anything to keep the monsoons off while trying to sleep in the '60s I prefer something solid over head ~~ or maybe I'm just old and cranky....
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 08:22 PM   #31
Take The Road Less Travld

Ohio had their Dayton RV show last weekend, We have bought all of our trailers from these shows as this is the best pricing of the year. Pay good attention to the upgrades as some dealership tent to skimp on those as mentioned. We always get all upgrades like fantastic fans and shades and more. Just need to know how to shop and where. RVWholesalers have good prices, but as any dealer, make sure you com pair products all the way down to curtains and bed warmers and vent fans....

I've been an RVer since 2007, Lifetime Camper
Gotta love the Outdoors, Disconnect and Enjoy Nature!
MuddauberE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 08:32 PM   #32
Summer2Go

We are always a "full house", all beds were open and almost completely sunny. I am making the PUGS for next summer, but it didn't happen yet. I'm waiting for Zamp's flexible panels to be available so I can attach them to pugs. My fans were on possibly.

Old 01-26-2016, 12:58 PM   #33

If you use PUGS on top of the bunk ends, and make some reflectix panels for the windows in the bunks, you will notice a big improvement in how well the AC and heater works.

2019 Surveyor 251RKS
2008 Ford Expedition EL
DK-in-SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 07:45 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by DK-in-SC View Post
If you use PUGS on top of the bunk ends, and make some reflectix panels for the windows in the bunks, you will notice a big improvement in how well the AC and heater works.

X2!
Jimandchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 10:08 PM   #35

X2 on pugs (and closing the curtains if you're not parked in the shade).
Old 01-28-2016, 08:41 PM   #36
Old Fella

We live in Florida and purchased our Roo from RV Wholesalers and we have no reservations, they have way more integrity than any dealers we've dealt with previously in Florida.

Aussiecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 08:41 AM   #37
Summer2Go

X2 in N.J. !

Old 01-30-2016, 02:05 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer2Go View Post
X2 in N.J. !

What dealers did you try to buy from in NJ? I find that any local dealers were trying to get between $24-$30,000 they are all nuts I went to McGeorges in Virginia

2015 Roo 23IKSS

Old 01-31-2016, 10:55 AM   #39
Summer2Go

I ordered from RVWholesalers because they had the best deal! Drove out to Ohio to pick up from N.J. It was worth it. I waited a long time to move up to a trailer from a popup, and they made it easy! No one in N.J. had anything close to the price, and they definitely beat out Rv one's online pricing.

Old 01-31-2016, 11:23 AM   #40
Summer2Go

....and they sent me to Alpin Haus in Port Jervis for warranty work. I will pick it up this week and see how it went. So far, very pleased with their service dept. people.

Tags
233, 233s