Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-07-2017, 04:30 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustman_stx View Post
I HIGHLY recommend you do NOT go back and look at their website to see what they list yours for unless you want your bubble burst. I've had a LOT of my local dealers feed me a line about what they'd list mine for and swear up and down they could only get X dollars for mine. Never mind that they would have older and less nice rigs on the lot for more money while they're telling me this! I know different parts of the country vary- but I can buy a new rig from RVW for similar money to 2 year old used rigs here. Figure in the higher interest and no warranty and I have to go back ~5 years old to save any real money. And at that point, I'm probably only saving enough to cover a new set of tires and one major component failure- which wouldn't be unheard of in the next 5 years on a 5 year old rig. I think that in my area dealers are constantly scouring Craigslist and are snagging anything that is a good deal, which also contributes to the inflated used market.
I don't understand the concern about what the dealer sells a trade in for, all I care about is my bottom line. I agree you need to be diligent and conservatively cautious when dealing trades with a dealer but I got a fair deal on my trade and my new purchase, I hope and assume they figured out a fair deal too. Not too many Roos on anyone's lots, and our local dealer flips the recent model used ones in a week or two as all are well priced. I recently bought my 2015 23ikss same day it was brought in on trade and my 2013 19 Roo has already sold in 1 weekend after listed for $9995. I'm assuming it sold for somewhere between 9k and 10k.
A 19' Roo doesn't have any major components other than the A/C, it's a pretty simple trailer. If it's been well taken care of its hard to distinguish the difference between a new model and a couple or so yrs old model, other than $6k-$9k in cost. My 2015 appears to be virtually unused, but it was $7k less than any well priced discounted 2017 I could find. I'm happy to let someone else take that big depreciation hit for the first couple of years.....especially true if you may trade in or upgrade in a couple years as so many do.
Some folks love new, some don't mind used.
Enjoy the season, many nights out!
ablindmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 07:33 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. J. Schuler View Post
no quote over the phone or email don't bother with them.
If I had taken this advice, I'd have spent an additional $15K plus on my 3 trailers over the last 5 years. Granted, many dealers will give you a quote, only to add tons of additional fees and so on when you finally see the docs. Not the case with RVW- only thing added is $295 doc fee which includes title fee. Considering every vehicle I've ever bought has a doc fee, I don't consider this any kind of "gotcha" fee.
dustman_stx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 07:42 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ablindmule View Post
I don't understand the concern about what the dealer sells a trade in for, all I care about is my bottom line. I agree you need to be diligent and conservatively cautious when dealing trades with a dealer but I got a fair deal on my trade and my new purchase, I hope and assume they figured out a fair deal too. Not too many Roos on anyone's lots, and our local dealer flips the recent model used ones in a week or two as all are well priced. I recently bought my 2015 23ikss same day it was brought in on trade and my 2013 19 Roo has already sold in 1 weekend after listed for $9995. I'm assuming it sold for somewhere between 9k and 10k.
A 19' Roo doesn't have any major components other than the A/C, it's a pretty simple trailer. If it's been well taken care of its hard to distinguish the difference between a new model and a couple or so yrs old model, other than $6k-$9k in cost. My 2015 appears to be virtually unused, but it was $7k less than any well priced discounted 2017 I could find. I'm happy to let someone else take that big depreciation hit for the first couple of years.....especially true if you may trade in or upgrade in a couple years as so many do.
Some folks love new, some don't mind used.
Enjoy the season, many nights out!
Once again, different markets work differently. In my area, you aren't going to get a 2 year old trailer for half price- not even close. You'll save maybe 20% over local new haggled price- and almost nothing over buying from a dealer like RVWholesalers. I just checked CL and there is only 1 Roo even listed in the Dallas area- a 2011 model at $14K. I can probably get a 2018 model for $21K and some change from RVWholesalers, meaning I have to go back 7 years to save 33%. A big difference from saving 50% in 2 years. Within another 7 years, there is a VERY good chance I'll be spending some serious money on one that is 7 years old currently. It's actually quite possible that trailer could have a higher TCO for the next 7 years than the new one would.
dustman_stx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 03:22 PM   #24

2015 Roo 19 bought "new/demo/floor model" when the 16s were coming out, paid just under 17k....thought I overpaid a bit for a previous model year floor model but wanted it really really bad ...which isn't a good state to be in when buying anything.

A friend of mine just picked up a very clean 2013 Roo 23 with a slide, and I think it was round 13k. I'll see it when we go to the lake together with our families in July.
jehrbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 10:30 PM   #25

I got a really nice 2009 21ss couple months ago for $11000 from a friend..Nicely optioned looks new... Click image for larger version

Name:	20170305_163542.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	134494
68lemans462 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 11:51 AM   #26

Thank you everyone for the replies.
bobcloughjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 04:09 PM   #27

Let us know how you make out.
Old 04-20-2017, 07:00 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by jehrbear View Post
2015 Roo 19 bought "new/demo/floor model" when the 16s were coming out, paid just under 17k....thought I overpaid a bit for a previous model year floor model but wanted it really really bad ...which isn't a good state to be in when buying anything.

A friend of mine just picked up a very clean 2013 Roo 23 with a slide, and I think it was round 13k. I'll see it when we go to the lake together with our families in July.

Don't think of it that want if you wanted it. We paid $21 for a brand new 2015 Roo 23ikss Fully loaded, only option it didn't have was SS appliances and 15K AC. Get the best price you can and just be happy with it, these things lose value faster then Boats, but as long as your satisfied all that matters. It is your $ so do what you want with it. We just traded our Roo for a Crusader got $17K for it 2 years later and I didn't do one upgrade, so I was happy bc I also saved $ on Taxes and now we have what we really want and like, got our use out of the Roo.
Old 04-20-2017, 07:42 AM   #29

Purchased a 2008 23ss last year in new condition for $11000.
mvan48309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 07:24 PM   #30

I'm in Danvers too... Small world. I got my Roo in 2011 new. Paid $14,500 at Campers Inn in Kingston, NH
wendylew123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roo