Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-15-2021, 01:44 PM   #1

Replacement awning

Hey guys i need to replace my whole awning, we had a first major mishap (surprised it wasn't earlier) and I side swiped a tree denting in the awning roller. I see lots of adds and manufacturers for fabric replacement but I need to replace the cylinder that the fabric rolls up on as well.
Any suggestions?

Thanks
RooBeDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 02:13 PM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by RooBeDo View Post
Hey guys i need to replace my whole awning, we had a first major mishap (surprised it wasn't earlier) and I side swiped a tree denting in the awning roller. I see lots of adds and manufacturers for fabric replacement but I need to replace the cylinder that the fabric rolls up on as well.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
First, you need to post make and model number of the awning. Also, since you don't have it listed in your profile, year and model number of your Roo/Shamrock.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 07:55 AM   #3

Following. Mine is bent also from the previous owner. I’ve tried straightening without taking the whole thing off but minimal success. Cheapest I’ve seen for my 12’ awning is about $300 for the tube alone.
toco66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 03:51 PM   #4

Doh... Thanks bikendan this is for a 233s 2019 Roo. I'll go and update my profile.
Old 09-20-2021, 11:03 AM   #5

@bikendan. I have a 2019 233s roo. It was only the roller part (and the fabric) of the awning that got damaged. Online I see a lot of options for fabric replacement but I need the roller and fabric replaced. I'm not sure how to find a suitable replacement that will work for my roo.

Thanks
Old 09-20-2021, 12:04 PM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by RooBeDo View Post
@bikendan. I have a 2019 233s roo. It was only the roller part (and the fabric) of the awning that got damaged. Online I see a lot of options for fabric replacement but I need the roller and fabric replaced. I'm not sure how to find a suitable replacement that will work for my roo.

Thanks
You need to identify make and model number of awning.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 12:06 PM   #7

Don't know if you have maual or electric awning. Don't know the length. Don't know the brand. (parts might not be compatible between brands)
Here are a few options. Just google 'rv awning parts' or 'rv awning replacement parts' or '17' (whatever length you have) rv awning parts' or some variation of those terms to find more.

roller tube only:
https://www.dyersonline.com/dometic-...ller-tube.html
https://bigdaddysparts.com/Dometic-1...e_p_32218.html
https://www.rvpartscountry.com/Domet...e_p_32218.html

Carefree Fiesta Manual Awning. With hardware and fabric. Can order with/without arms, etc..
https://www.rvpartscountry.com/Caref...io-Awning.html
yukongold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 12:40 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by toco66 View Post
Following. Mine is bent also from the previous owner. I’ve tried straightening without taking the whole thing off but minimal success. Cheapest I’ve seen for my 12’ awning is about $300 for the tube alone.
Here's an interesting video if you want to try straightening the tube instead of replacing it.
yukongold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 12:23 AM   #9
rbq

That video must have been made before the price of lumber was as much as a new tube would be. I was lucky this summer after i smashed & bent the awning tube on my 233S on a tree in Yellowstone. After trying to find a new one at a local dealer & was told they are in short supply, I checked the online ads for a local TV station. Ended up a woman had bought a bunch of RV parts at an auction and there were a bunch on new roller tubes in what she bought. I needed a 15' tube. She had a new 18" Dometic tube that she sold extra cheap ($40 for a $300+ tube) and I cut it to 15". Replaced the fabric with the heavier Shade Pro fabric. I love the new awning & fabric. The old awning always trapped water after it rained & I would get a shower when opening it up. Now the awning rolls out dry. Yes, I'm happy with it.

Tags
awning, replacement