Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-22-2021, 07:30 AM   #1

Rockwood Roo 183 Delivery time

We recently ordered a Rockwood Roo 183 and were wondering if anyone can share recent experience with factory delivery times?
Mkoeber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 07:42 AM   #2

I'm betting not even your dealer has a solid estimate so you asked here.

The way I understand it the factory makes one (1) model at a time in batches. Less popular/low sales trailers like the 183 have to wait until there are enough of them to justify changing over the line.

-- Chuck
Old 06-07-2021, 03:32 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkoeber View Post
We recently ordered a Rockwood Roo 183 and were wondering if anyone can share recent experience with factory delivery times?
Hello! Wondering what your status is on your 183? We purchased one in April and were told three months, but I’m betting longer???
Nellyk721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 04:56 PM   #4

Well, careful there. BATCH production doesn't mean means multiple lines can't be produced at the same time in the same facility... they can be producing multiple different trailers in the same facility, or across different facilities (think of one printer that has multiple presses in a couple of different buildings). And there are different pieces being aligned in different areas based on what's needed (eg, roof construction can happen quickly, but assembly takes longer.

You can kind of get an idea of what's going on by taking a look at everything going on in the official factory promo video.

Here's some discussion about the process: https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f2/delivery-date-unknown-232282.html

Note: it's ALL conjecture. Take everything with a grain of salt. They are working hard to build your (and everyone else's) trailer, and all the slack in the system that slows them down also makes it hard to tell you exactly when yours will be ready. But ready it will be.

We ordered first week of February, and our delivery is scheduled for ... Friday!
Old 06-07-2021, 06:47 PM   #5

The Roo factory is pretty small and I personally doubt they can run more than one model at a time inefficient and confusing. The 183 will have low priority as it has low sales. Even the popular 235S takes some time. Nice thing is the 235S will probably be a 2022 model, not "last year's" 2021.

-- Chuck
Old 06-08-2021, 02:45 PM   #6

Thanks, Chuck. I've not been to the Roo/Shamrock factory, nor do I know how they partition out different models across their lines... just a lot of (likely ridiculous) conjecture on my part. Would be great to see how it's done.

Mostly, communication would help, as well as a general understanding that assembly and manufacturing takes time, and is subject to a lot of irregularities based on all kinds of unforeseen factors and supply chain issues. Some technology could help with this, but - as always - patience helps (well, almost always).

Like they say in Roadhouse: Be nice.

Best,

RF
Old 06-18-2021, 10:04 PM   #7

We ordered a Roo 183 at Christmas. At the time, we were told that they would be manufactured in 8-12 weeks. It just came off the production line on June 1 and we are supposed to get it from our dealer next Wed - 2 days before we leave for a 3 week vacation! We planned the trip in December, thinking we would have the camper in April. Boy were we wrong! We are just excited to get it. Good luck with yours!!
NewbieRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 11:04 AM   #8

Quote:
2 days before we leave for a 3 week vacation!
spend those 2 days "driveway" camping as you pack and prepare for your 3 week trip...

take along some basic hand tools, hammer. wrenches, etc and a battery drill/driver and an adapter to fit a socket to help put up/down the stablizer jacks... drill adapters and inexpensive sockets are always available at Harbor Freight.

Make sure you get a 15AMP to 30 AMP adapter ( Walmart) so that you can plug in at home to make sure everything is working and your battery is charged full up.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	adapter.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	257372  

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4 TST TPMS
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 08:57 PM   #9

Thanks so much for the info rsdata!!
NewbieRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 07:53 AM   #10

Pay special attention to the wheels and tires when new and even more if you're planning a long "trip." with a new trailer.

Several trailer lug nuts will be loose when you pick up the trailer as they loosen on the road, especially when new. Get yourself a torque wrench and the right socket (I recall it's a 13/16" six-sided deep socket) and tighten them before leaving the dealer's lot. Harbor freight is fine. Stop at the first rest area and check them -- some will turn. Stop at the next one and check. Do this until they stop turning then just check them before every trip. Use the torque wrench, just tightening them is not enough. 85 - 90 lbf-ft is typical.

It may be unlikely for a wheel to come off -- but I had the horrible experience of following my buddy pulling my boat on a trailer when I saw the lug nuts start trickling off.

Same for tire pressure. Inflate ST tires to the Maximum Cold Pressure as indicated on the sidewall. Never any reason to inflate to a lower pressure. ST tires on campers age out long before the tread wears out.

-- Chuck

Tags
rockwood, rockwood roo, roo