Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-13-2012, 10:12 AM   #1

Roo 19 shower curtain mod?

The wife used the shower on our first trip and we had water running all over the floor and under the wall to the entryway. Since it's plastic magnets won't work, but I was thinking of adding some fishing weights to the bottom of the curtain to keep it held down.

Anyone know an easy way to keep the shower curtain from slipping out over the shower base? Even if we get a new longer curtain I don't think that will keep in from slipping out.
RoadDog66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 11:00 AM   #2

What about flexible magnetic strips?
Some have adhesive and some do not. One strip could be stitched to the curtain and the other stuck to the stall.
Magnetic Strips - Clamps - Grainger Industrial Supply
Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 04:19 PM   #3
jbdbsb

I gotta get pictures up of my mod's up.
Anyway, I hated using the shower and trying to keep the darn curtain off me. I'm a trim 6'1" & 190-lbs, I can only imagine what a "larger" person goes through.
So anyways, I replaced my shower curtain rod mounted on the ceiling with a longer curved one. One that actually curves way out across the ceiling, it even just slighhtly bysects the vent opening, but still starts/ends at the original spot. On the left toilet side I use snaps mounted to curtain and wall. I used the same snaps across half the bottom to hold the curtain from "bellowing" out. Works pretty darn sweet I must say! Now I'm working on getting the shower head actually over head! I hate having to hold it and soap up & rinse off.
jbdbsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 10:15 AM   #4

Here is what I've done on the crapper side. I cut a lexan triangle, used GE Silicone to stick it on. On the cabinet side I glued a rubber angled strip.

No more water.

Old 05-30-2012, 04:44 PM   #5

We just finished our third trip and I was thinking of trying the same thing. Maybe make and "L" shapethat goes farther along the toilet side so that it can splash up some.

Where did you get the Lexan?
RoadDog66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 05:02 PM   #6
jbdbsb

I like the clear plastic, I used it on the side of a cabinet that's exposed to the shower. Where "Miatared" has the lexan shown above, I used snaps to secure the current down that side of the wall by the toilet. No need for it to open there. I even used 3 or 4 snaps along that short bottom run next to the toilet to keep the water in.
jbdbsb is offline   Reply With Quote