Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-22-2020, 09:16 PM   #21

Ok @ NADA values. I was going to offer less anyway.

11 Nights in California so far.

LilHorse&buggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 09:17 PM   #22

about the only thing that wears out on a camper or any trailer for that matters is the tires... it is suggested to put on a new set of ST tries every 5--6 years... it is not tread loss but UV exposure...
When to Replace RV Tires

really not much changes from year to year on these lower end trailers, mostly cosmetic stuff... fabrics and curtain colors... if the fridge works, the furnace works and the AC works and the water pump works, who cares what it looks like inside... mechanical parts is what is important... likely a used trailer has NO serious factory defect problems unfixed... and models of the mechanical stuff like the stove, the fridge, etc tend to cheapen and get lighter, thinner, smaller year by year...

For the Milwaukee unit, or any in another city far away, you can hire an RV expert to have the unit looked over by a pro who will provide you with a report on the trailer's condition.

Personally I would not overlook a 6 or 8 year old trailer that is substantially the same as a new one at a big discount... just plan to check the date codes on the tires to determine age and/or plan on spending another $7-800 to replace AND have the wheel bearings repacked just for safety sake.

Just my 2 cents!

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4 TST TPMS
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 11:46 PM   #23

Deck loading cap

Does any one know if this trailer can hold two full size Polaris ATV’s up front? I know they will fit size wise, but combined weight will be around 1450 pounds. The rated CCC for this trailer is somewhere in the 1500 pound range. Does that mean if I drive two ATVS on it, I basically max out the carrying capacity of the trailer with nothing else in it? Also being the axles are pretty far forward, how much of the rack weight transfers to the tongue?
ErnieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 07:41 AM   #24

Quote:
Also being the axles are pretty far forward, how much of the rack weight transfers to the tongue?
I do not own this trialer, however looking at the specs page at the FR website, first thing I see is this spec...

8’ X 8’ Front Storage Deck: 1300 LBS. Max Capacity (21SSL Only)

With that 1300# number staring at you in the face, 1450 seems like overloading.

I would bet that the added tongue weight would add up to at least 50-60% of the added weight to that up-front storage area, in addition to the always understated factory tongue weight of the 21 SSL @ 480#

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4 TST TPMS
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 08:46 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsdata View Post
I do not own this trialer, however looking at the specs page at the FR website, first thing I see is this spec...

8’ X 8’ Front Storage Deck: 1300 LBS. Max Capacity (21SSL Only)

With that 1300# number staring at you in the face, 1450 seems like overloading.

I would bet that the added tongue weight would add up to at least 50-60% of the added weight to that up-front storage area, in addition to the always understated factory tongue weight of the 21 SSL @ 480#
Yea so there’s two things I agree with you on. If we are close to being right, the trailer with my ATV’s would have a near 1200 tongue weight, and secondly would be maxed out in GVWR on the trailer without putting a single pair of socks in it. I’m hoping someone here has real numbers of scales and haling ATV’s with full cargo.
Old 03-19-2020, 09:15 AM   #26
Broken Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilHorse&buggy View Post
Ok @ NADA values. I was going to offer less anyway.
My friend has a super-clean 2012 21ssl for sale pretty cheap. You could get it for about $14k and its half the drive to Missouri as it is to Florida for ya.

Tim

"Camper" 2016
Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329ss
"Casper" 2017 Ram 2500 Laramie Diesel
..ProPride 3P Hitch - "Yeah. It's worth it."
Cowracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 09:15 AM   #27
Broken Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnieD View Post
Does any one know if this trailer can hold two full size Polaris ATV’s up front? I know they will fit size wise, but combined weight will be around 1450 pounds. The rated CCC for this trailer is somewhere in the 1500 pound range. Does that mean if I drive two ATVS on it, I basically max out the carrying capacity of the trailer with nothing else in it? Also being the axles are pretty far forward, how much of the rack weight transfers to the tongue?

Yes. I did it many times with an Arctic Cat 350 and a Honda Rancher. No sweat at all. It does put a lot of weight on the tongue. I used a Reese Dual Cam with 1400 pound bars snapped up about as tight as I could get them, and it towed behind a 3/4 Excursion quite nicely.

Tim

"Camper" 2016
Old 03-19-2020, 11:34 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowracer View Post
Yes. I did it many times with an Arctic Cat 350 and a Honda Rancher. No sweat at all. It does put a lot of weight on the tongue. I used a Reese Dual Cam with 1400 pound bars snapped up about as tight as I could get them, and it towed behind a 3/4 Excursion quite nicely.

Tim
So there is my issue. I wish i had a 3//4 ton. I have a half ton ram 1500, and im not sure if i can stress the pickup that much in tongue weight and not break something.
Old 03-19-2020, 12:27 PM   #29
Broken Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnieD View Post
So there is my issue. I wish i had a 3//4 ton. I have a half ton ram 1500, and im not sure if i can stress the pickup that much in tongue weight and not break something.
Only one way to find out! LOL

Tim

"Camper" 2016

Tags
21ssl, roo