Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-14-2021, 06:52 PM   #1

Roo 233S (2021-22) and Weber Q 1200

Does anyone own this combination?
Does the grill fit into any of the external storage areas? We are still waiting to take delivery of the Roo (I think it’s identical to 2021) and would love that grill too, but aware that the outside storage in Roo has quite narrow openings…
DeLaRoosito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 07:09 PM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeLaRoosito View Post
Does anyone own this combination?

Does the grill fit into any of the external storage areas? We are still waiting to take delivery of the Roo (I think it’s identical to 2021) and would love that grill too, but aware that the outside storage in Roo has quite narrow openings…
Which Roo model number are you asking about? Different model numbers often have different sizes of external storage compartments.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 07:31 PM   #3

Duh, Sorry!

It’s 233s Rockwood Roo.
Old 08-14-2021, 07:58 PM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeLaRoosito View Post
It’s 233s Rockwood Roo.
I'll add that to the title.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Old 08-15-2021, 07:09 AM   #5

The Roos no longer come with the external gas grill that clips on the outside wall under the canopy? And the little counter to go beside it? Not sure why you want a tabletop gas grill, but it's your trailer.

-- Chuck
Old 08-15-2021, 08:51 AM   #6

Thank you for your reply.
We do not plan to use the grill the trailer will come with. Have higher expectations and also do not like to cook anything so close to the trailer walls or under the canopy. Unlikely we’ll even use table top: we have a different set up. We like this specific Weber (that’s actually not table top, but can be).
The Weber is a bit high and may or may not fit into the storage areas, hence the question.
Old 08-15-2021, 09:33 AM   #7

Merely curious, nothing more.

I would not have ordered the "cheap" grill that came with our Roo but it was there and I tried it before discarding it -- I now use it every time we camp. See no liability in the grill's location under the canopy or fairly close to the trailer but it's "only" been 17 seasons with it.

Stows in a canvas case under the dining table in transit. Takes only a minute or two to setup or take down.

-- Chuck
Old 08-15-2021, 02:28 PM   #8

Roo/Shamrock and Weber Q1200

We had a 2015 21SS and I stored it on a rubber mat in front of the rear bunk.
When arriving at camp site I stored it under the camper, locked up to wheel.
In our 2021 Mini Lite 2509S, I store it in its original box either on to floor in the bunk floor area or up on the bunks for travel and the under the camper when we arrive at camp site.
2021 Rockwood, 2509s, pulled by a 2020 Ford F150 XLT, Super Cab, 3.5L Eco Boost, with 3.55 axle. Electric 10-speed auto trans w/tow mod. Heavy Duty Tow package & integrated trailer brake, 11,700 lb. tow capacity, payload is 1916 lbs. and 145” wheel base. Equalizer 4 point W/D hitch.
djemgoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2021, 02:47 PM   #9

A word of Caution about using any outside grille under a RV awning. FIRE.
My RV owner manual clearly warns against using a grill under the extended awning. At the very least the added heat might do damage to the awning material, at the worst it might lead to a fire endangering everyone around the RV.

I purchased a LP hose extension to keep the grill away from the RV while still using the RV's LP tank for fuel. It works OK but I wished I purchased a longer extension hose so I could place grille easier and not trip on my 10 ft LP hose.
The2002Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2021, 02:57 PM   #10

Shamrock/Roo and Weber Q 2000

I use my Q 2000 on a picnic table usually that in not under my awning, unless its raining.
2021 Rockwood, 2509s, pulled by a 2020 Ford F150 XLT, Super Cab, 3.5L Eco Boost, with 3.55 axle. Electric 10-speed auto trans w/tow mod. Heavy Duty Tow package & integrated trailer brake, 11,700 lb. tow capacity, payload is 1916 lbs. and 145” wheel base. Equalizer 4 point W/D hitch.
djemgoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2021, 03:14 PM   #11
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by The2002Wanderer View Post
A word of Caution about using any outside grille under a RV awning. FIRE.

My RV owner manual clearly warns against using a grill under the extended awning. At the very least the added heat might do damage to the awning material, at the worst it might lead to a fire endangering everyone around the RV.

I purchased a LP hose extension to keep the grill away from the RV while still using the RV's LP tank for fuel. It works OK but I wished I purchased a longer extension hose so I could place grille easier and not trip on my 10 ft LP hose.
Please post a link to that manual. Because RV manufacturers have been putting grills on the side of RVs, under the awning, for decades.
We had one on our previous trailer and never had any issues the 10 years we owned it.
Old 08-16-2021, 10:48 AM   #12

I have a 233s and also use the Weber Q1200. Unfortunately, the grill doesn't fit in any of the compartments. I use the bin in the this video, and it works really well. .

I either put it in the back of my suburban tow vehicle, or it fits nicely in front of the back bunk. The bin fits the extension hose to extend the LP outlet on the Roo, grill brush, and some small 1lb propane tanks that I bring just in case.

If you're going to hook to the quick connect on the ROO, you will need to remove the regulator on the Q1200. It will work as is, but it will be double regulated (camper & grill), so the fire will not be as hot as if you remove the regulator from the grill.
233s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 10:02 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck_S View Post
Stows in a canvas case under the dining table in transit. Takes only a minute or two to setup or take down.

-- Chuck
I'm assuming this is an aftermarket canvas case, because I never got one with my 2019 183 . Can you share more information about the canvas cover?

And yes, we use our stock grill every trip for the last 3 years. It does the job just fine, even compared to our weber at home.
Pad22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 09:11 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
Please post a link to that manual. Because RV manufacturers have been putting grills on the side of RVs, under the awning, for decades.
From the owner's manual of the griddle that came with our 2021 Roo:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	warning.png
Views:	49
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	261500  
robcrawford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 09:50 PM   #15

I have a 2021 233s with the Suburban (Blackstone lookalike) grill that hangs on the side. I used it for a year under the awning. I had three problems: 1- it was always at an angle and grease would not run off but pool at a back corner 2- it was a PIA to clean and get back in the bag that never fit it amd 3- it fell off the RV in the middle of cooking a beautiful ribeye. It bent the back of the grill and all. Cut me a bit as it fell. No fire because I had just started to cook.

I threw it away. I rinsed the ribeye off. It was fine. I bought a cheap plug in skillet and called it a day. I’m sure I didn’t have it on straight or something but I’m not taking another chance.
Docedward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 12:38 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
We had one on our previous trailer and never had any issues the 10 years we owned it.
You buy a lawnmower and about 80% of the user's manual is cautions about stuff you are not supposed to do with it, usually including cutting grass :-). I agree....the little flame king grill that came with my previous GEO Pro trailer had a rail on the side to mount it on guess where....right under the awning. It is absolutely ridiculous to think that little grill could cause any kind of fire hazard at all to the awning. The caution included in the manual is just to protect the manufacturer liability from something extraordinary happening like you just happen to be grilling under the awning when a nearby volcano erupts and hot lava hits the awning and sets it on fire.....
NavyLCDR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roo, 233, 233s, 2021