Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-21-2014, 03:32 PM   #1

ROO 23IKSS slideout seal issue

Not sure if this is unique to the 23ikss with dual slides or any unit with a slide, but after using my new 23ikss for the first time I noticed the caulk/sealant that was applied to the outer edge of the slide seal gasket(point where rubber seal meets fiberglass body) was broken all the way around. This was only on the couch slide as the kitchen slide gasket is actually screwed to the body then caulked. I can now wiggle the rubber seal back and forth. I believe this occured due to the slide sticking to the seal when extracting. I just purchased brand new over the winter so she has been closed all winter.

Unfortunately the unit is in storage until next trip, so I cannot provide a pic.

Anyone else have this occur?
customcbr900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 05:08 PM   #2
Take The Road Less Travld

I had this same issue on my 2013 roo 233s. I guess they haven't fired the guy who doesn't know how to caulk yet.
I've been an RVer since 2007, Lifetime Camper
Gotta love the Outdoors, Disconnect and Enjoy Nature!
MuddauberE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 08:17 PM   #3

ive used my 23ikss and have not seen this issue. will keep an eye out though

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forest River Forums mobile app
DD (3 year)
DS (6 months)
ficksters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 10:26 PM   #4

Same here. Our slide seal was broke during our pdi and so was all 3 bed frames.
We fixed ourselves seeing dealer just wanted to put a bandaid on it by going over crack caulk with silicone.
I would check seals on whole camper including roof. The caulk around our sinks in camper aren't even caulked completely around without gaps. Very poor workmanship.
ParrishCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 07:35 AM   #5

It appears that the only thing that holds the seal tight to the body is the caulking. I am assuming the seal is either clipped in or slid in on the inner side of the body then caulk is applied to stop water penetrating between the seal and body. As stated before the minute the seal stuck to the slide out it was basically pulling on the seal causing the caulking to crack. It is only like this on the couch slide. The kitchen slide seal is attached on the outside with screws then caulk applied. Of course this side is perfect.

I have seen tricks with people applying baby powder to stop the sticking, but I didn;t even get a chance as the unit was brand new. This happened the first time I opened the slide.

Parrish how did you repair? What product did you use?
customcbr900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 09:01 PM   #6

The slide and bed seals are glued on the demo at dealer all were falling off from the heat of the sun. They leave camper open all the time and the seals were all hanging off
CamperCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 11:37 PM   #7

We used Dicor Lap-Sealant non-leveling caulk.
So far no issues with it coming off. Will check it again this weekend.
I do wipe down all the seals once a month with Areospace 303 Protectant Wipes and let dry before closing up.
ParrishCamper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roo, slide, slide out