Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-14-2013, 08:19 AM   #21

Slide toppers...absolutely!
Power tongue jack...absolutely!
Power stabilizer jacks...we did not have them on our last trailer, but we put them on this one. Not a "must have", but certainly convenient.
2021 Chevy Silverado 3500HD DRW 4X4 Duramax
“It's not how old you are, it's how you are old.”Jules Renard
"It's not the years...it's the mileage." - Indiana Jones
Capt. Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 08:29 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shado View Post
Thanks for all the replies everyone. So the oven isn't a deal breaker at all. Wheels appear to be a nice to have.

2 other questions then.

Slide topper on a 233s - a must or a nice to have? And power tongue jack. I have read that it seems to really be much easier with one for a wdh. Opinions?
The absence of an oven would definitely be a deal breaker for us. Everyone is different, but we use ours every trip.

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:11 AM   #23

I had the power jack on my former TT and would never be without it...

On my new 5ver I have the slide toppers and with leaves, pine needles etc for me they are a definite on all future campers..

I prefer the aluminum wheels compared to the upkeep I had on the steel wheels on my previous 5th..

This is my first camper with power rear jacks and I love them... Previous campers I used a Harbor Freight rechargeable impact wrench to raise and lower.. also came in handy when changing tires...

The DW would not be without an oven.. She loves to do lasagna, bake cookies, cakes, brownies, etc.. She bakes more in the camper then she does at home...

But in the end it is all about what you enjoy.. And you'll find that your needs/wants change with each camper overall
Golflover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:54 AM   #24
Site Team

slide topper for sure, much cheaper to add it from the factory, as we found out too late.
power tongue jack for sure, also. but you can get refurbished units from Ebay for under $100. i got mine there 6 years ago and it still works great.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 10:00 AM   #25
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shado View Post

Slide topper on a 233s - a must or a nice to have? And power tongue jack. I have read that it seems to really be much easier with one for a wdh. Opinions?

Slide Topper: As others have said, they are great. They are also expensive to add on later so order it from the factory.

Power Jack: Absolutely. But, do not let the factory put on the LCI jack that they normally spec with. I actually think you are better to buy aftermarket and put it on yourself or work with the dealer to do it. Barker 3500VIP is a good choice and is what I upgraded to after the LCI on my 233S died after a few months' use. Put a cover on the Barker if you do. Keeps moisture out of the switches.

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote