Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-06-2017, 07:17 AM   #1

Simple questions

I should have asked these earlier but today was the first time I thought about it. I know with most pop ups you put the roof up before putting the stabs down. If there a specific order you are supposed to do things with hybrids regarding the stabs, bunk ends, and slideouts?
Old 09-06-2017, 07:27 AM   #2

Not sure that there is a recommendation from the manufacturer on the order, but we prefer to level first.
Then the stabs come down and the x-chocks go on before we put the slide out and the beds down.
We feel this just keeps everything for getting put into a bind.
We had a pop-up previously, and know the importance of being level to be able to keep it all squared up.
After setting up we have re-tightened stabs, as they have shifted a bit in the gravel while setting up.
Lawlesszoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 07:28 AM   #3

I don't think there's a specific order, its more personal preference. The way I've been doing it is;
Level side to side. (I have a 233S which has a bunk and slide on one side. Because of this, I leave that side a tad high and it levels out when I drop that bunk, deploy the slide.)
Chock wheels
Disconnect from TV
Level front to back
Lower stabilizer jacks
Once I get this far, I drop the 3 bunks and my wife goes inside and starts making beds.
Run the slide out
Connect electric, water, sewer.
Finster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 07:32 AM   #4
Just as confused as you

When I had a popup, I would level side to side then put the stabilizers down, then raise the roof and slide the beds out.

But since you have a Roo, just level side to side, put stabilizers down, then open the beds and slides. It probably tells you that in your owners manual.
Camping since 1989, Seasonal since 2000.
Car Shredder Op/Tech, Scrap Metal Recycling - retired
Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 09:41 AM   #5

I put the stabs down last. I noticed that when I put the slides out last, the entry door would not close properly about 1/2 the time. Putting the stabs down last corrected the issue. I suspect that the dining slide, being much larger and heavier that the kitchen slide, puts more weight on one side of the camper than the other causing it to lean towards the dining side.
cpd1343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 10:17 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpd1343 View Post
I put the stabs down last. I noticed that when I put the slides out last, the entry door would not close properly about 1/2 the time. Putting the stabs down last corrected the issue. I suspect that the dining slide, being much larger and heavier that the kitchen slide, puts more weight on one side of the camper than the other causing it to lean towards the dining side.
I agree that the weight is a bit more on the slide side. I always try to have that side a touch higher when leveling to even out once the slide does come out
Lawlesszoo is offline   Reply With Quote