Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-06-2015, 11:52 AM   #1
Broken Toe

Smile so... I'm an idiot.

Got my new Pugs. Gonna use them for the first time over the 4th holiday. It was just me and the wife so I only needed one. I loaned the other to my buddy to use on the front bunk of his Roo. After putting mine on, I was cussing a blue streak because it appeared that the Pug people sent the wrong ones, as they were about 4 inches too short. I get in on as best I can, but I am really irritated that they weren't made right.

I wander over to my buddy to see how his is going on and it fits like a glove. Perfect fit. That aggravates me even further, that they could mess up the order so bad as to send me two different sizes. I complain to my buddy about the issue, and he points out that the rear bunk canvas "roof" is about 4 inches shorter than the front (due to the sloping front wall, and the straight rear one.)

It's not so much that I hate being an idiot. It's that I went out of my way so publicly to prove it.

BTW. The Pugs guys know their stuff. The shorter one fit the rear bunk perfectly. Great product and worked better than I had hoped.

Tim

"Camper" 2016
Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329ss
"Casper" 2017 Ram 2500 Laramie Diesel
..ProPride 3P Hitch - "Yeah. It's worth it."
Cowracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 02:03 PM   #2

Now that's funny!!!!!!
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 02:08 PM   #3

Oops!

Old 07-06-2015, 02:43 PM   #4
Site Team

i posted a day or two ago, about the difference in sizing, between the front tent end and the rear or side tent ends.

the front "rake" of the trailer, requires a longer tent.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 03:00 PM   #5

I'm an idiot at least once a week especially during the summer since my wife, a teacher, is around much more often to point it out.
Old 07-06-2015, 03:01 PM   #6

Well, it surely happens, and at the most inopportune time and place too. Thank goodness for wise friends!

When we first got our HTT the bunk end solar covers came with it. I was trying to figure out myself why one was of different dimension than the other. I have never used them in the past, so, I too, was having a bit of a "duh" dumbfounded moment for myself as well. Ahhh, THOSE memories!

Although........I wasn't to quick to share my dumbfoundedness with the world! Kept that one to MYSELF!

2023 Flagstaff 206STSE
2019 Flagstaff HW29SC ( sold )
2017 Salem Cruise Lite 232RBXL ( sold )
2014 Ford 150 XLT 5.0 2wd
Briorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 03:30 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowracer View Post
Got my new Pugs. Gonna use them for the first time over the 4th holiday. It was just me and the wife so I only needed one. I loaned the other to my buddy to use on the front bunk of his Roo. After putting mine on, I was cussing a blue streak because it appeared that the Pug people sent the wrong ones, as they were about 4 inches too short. I get in on as best I can, but I am really irritated that they weren't made right.

I wander over to my buddy to see how his is going on and it fits like a glove. Perfect fit. That aggravates me even further, that they could mess up the order so bad as to send me two different sizes. I complain to my buddy about the issue, and he points out that the rear bunk canvas "roof" is about 4 inches shorter than the front (due to the sloping front wall, and the straight rear one.)

It's not so much that I hate being an idiot. It's that I went out of my way so publicly to prove it.

BTW. The Pugs guys know their stuff. The shorter one fit the rear bunk perfectly. Great product and worked better than I had hoped.

Tim
Don't worry about it! At least you didn't go as far as calling up Bob Pitney at Pop Up Gizmos and asking why they didn't fit. It happens!
Jimandchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 05:48 PM   #8
rbq

Another note about the different bunk sizes. When we did the PDI on our Roo we opened all the bunks to check them out. The side bunk was impossible to sleep in as they had put bunk cables for the front bunk on the side bunk. They are longer cables on the front. Dealer got new ones for us real quick so we could use the Roo I installed them myself.
Old 07-06-2015, 10:26 PM   #9
Broken Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimandchris View Post
Don't worry about it! At least you didn't go as far as calling up Bob Pitney at Pop Up Gizmos and asking why they didn't fit. It happens!
The excruciatingly embarrasing part of that statement was that if I had enough 4g signal to get on the internet at my lake lot so I could look up his number, I would have done exactly that.

Tim

"Camper" 2016
Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329ss
"Casper" 2017 Ram 2500 Laramie Diesel
..ProPride 3P Hitch - "Yeah. It's worth it."
Cowracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 08:18 AM   #10
Always Learning

I'm glad that I'm not the only one to admit my goofs!
ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 08:30 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowracer View Post
The excruciatingly embarrasing part of that statement was that if I had enough 4g signal to get on the internet at my lake lot so I could look up his number, I would have done exactly that.

Tim
I probably would have done the same but got lucky as someone had posted a day or so earlier about the pug not fitting and did call Bob and ask why they didn't fit.
After reading about it, I labeled ours.

Hey, if that's the worse that's happened with your tt so far, smile and laugh! Nothin' got broke!

Jim
Jimandchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 11:32 AM   #12

I used a marker and wrote "front" and "rear" on each of the white tags that Pop up Gizmos sews on the covers.......sure makes it easier during set up!

2017 GMC SLT HD All Terrain Crew Cab (6' 6" Box) 2012 Roo 23SS
E2 Trunnion WDH (1,000 lb / 10,000 lb)
Dave Lyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 09:14 PM   #13

If you do not want to make a mistake, stay in bed all day. And you just made a mistake by staying in bed.
Safe man is offline   Reply With Quote