Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-13-2017, 08:47 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Havercamp View Post
You should connect both your internal speakers to zone 1........one to it's left channel and one to the right channel. Connected as you describe will give you stereo, but only if you have the speaker on zone 1 connected to the left channel of zone 1, and the one on zone 2 to the right channel of zone two. It will also give you the problem you have.
But I think this was the original set up were we had no stereo, am I wrong?

" Life is simpler when you plow around the stump..."
RACarvalho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 08:54 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACarvalho View Post
But I think this was the original set up were we had no stereo, am I wrong?
On my 2017 23ws they had both inside speakers on one channel of zone 1. They cut off the leads of for the other channel.

On the 33.....zone 1.
Right channel is yellow+, yellow/black -
Left channel is white +, white/black -
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 12:23 PM   #23

We use the factory supplied system to pick up local news and weather as well as TV, when we watch it, which is not often.

However, we bought a Bose mobile speaker and use that to sync to a phone to enjoy quality sound when we wan to enjoy our music.

2017 GMC SLT HD All Terrain Crew Cab (6' 6" Box) 2012 Roo 23SS
E2 Trunnion WDH (1,000 lb / 10,000 lb)
Dave Lyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 01:53 PM   #24
Summer2Go

I tried to get a little Bluetooth speaker to use 'with' the iRV33. I thought I could play the extra speaker outside at the same time on Bluetooth. It didn't work. My iPhone would only recognize one system at a time.
Summer2Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 07:18 PM   #25

Ran into the wiring issue with my stereo. Here was my mod:
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ods-69736.html
Old 04-25-2017, 03:48 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by njfishing View Post
A lot of people with find it adequate but IMHO the sound quality from the factory IRV head unit and speakers is marginal at best. It's passable inside but you really need to pump the volume up outside to hear it and then it gets distorted.

If you're into audio, adding an aftermarket amp, different speakers or both is something you'll want to consider.

I also noticed I get a fair amount of background static using the bluetooth connection with my iPhone. Just in case you are looking for it, the preset factory password for pairing bluetooth is 0000.

The first thing I want to do is change all my speakers. What did you use to replace the outdoor speakers? Having troubling finding something that can replace the outdoor speakers with something I can leave there.
Roo-minator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 08:08 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo-minator View Post
The first thing I want to do is change all my speakers. What did you use to replace the outdoor speakers? Having troubling finding something that can replace the outdoor speakers with something I can leave there.

Any of these marine speakers will do. http://www.toptenreviews.com/home/au...rine-speakers/ Using the fosgates on our boat and are pleased with them.

Problem is the outside speakers on the Roo are surface mounts and most of these speakers aren't
Curt Trutrack WDH
HD Roadmaster Active Suspension
3200 Firman Generator/Inverter
njfishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 08:15 PM   #28

Quote:
Any of these marine speakers will do. http://www.toptenreviews.com/home/au...rine-speakers/ Using the fosgates on our boat and are pleased with them.

Problem is the outside speakers on the Roo are surface mounts and most of these speakers aren't

I have seen some of the marine 6.5 speakers. Would like to use larger speakers that the roo has. But I did notice that they are surface mount in some type of enclosure. That is why I asked if someone has changed and what you used.
Old 04-26-2017, 06:03 AM   #29

Quote:
I have seen some of the marine 6.5 speakers. Would like to use larger speakers that the roo has. But I did notice that they are surface mount in some type of enclosure. That is why I asked if someone has changed and what you used.
We just got our roo and have not replaced the outside speakers yet. Considering doing that but no great solution out there with out drilling holes for flush mount speakers. I did find these surface mount speakers but you'd have to drill holes for the mounting screws https://www.google.com/#q=surface+mo...akers&tbm=shop

One thing about marine speakers, it takes a lot more to power them since the cones are polypropylene instead of paper like indoor speakers. Thinking an after market amp might help the standard speakers and head unit some... You'd need a DC amp like you'd purchase for a car for this so you could power it without being plugged into shore power. These amps do however draw a lot of juice to power them so some trade offs there if your are not plugged into shore power.

Not sure how I'm going to tackle this if at all... Might just go with a good quality bluetooth speaker for listening to music outside and call it a day. Problem with this is if your TV is outside you won't be able to get the TV audio to the bluetooth speakers so you are stuck with the speakers in the TV or your standard speakers outside pumped through your head unit.

Lots of compromises any way you go....
Old 04-26-2017, 03:38 PM   #30

Quote:
We just got our roo and have not replaced the outside speakers yet. Considering doing that but no great solution out there with out drilling holes for flush mount speakers. I did find these surface mount speakers but you'd have to drill holes for the mounting screws https://www.google.com/#q=surface+mo...akers&tbm=shop

One thing about marine speakers, it takes a lot more to power them since the cones are polypropylene instead of paper like indoor speakers. Thinking an after market amp might help the standard speakers and head unit some... You'd need a DC amp like you'd purchase for a car for this so you could power it without being plugged into shore power. These amps do however draw a lot of juice to power them so some trade offs there if your are not plugged into shore power.

Not sure how I'm going to tackle this if at all... Might just go with a good quality bluetooth speaker for listening to music outside and call it a day. Problem with this is if your TV is outside you won't be able to get the TV audio to the bluetooth speakers so you are stuck with the speakers in the TV or your standard speakers outside pumped through your head unit.

Lots of compromises any way you go....

OP. Sorry if we hijacked your thread some.

I just ordered these:

http://m.ebay.com/itm/MARINE-WFL-ANG....c100408.m2460

Do not know if the link will work.

Not real cheap but the look like the will work and I can choose one of the many marine 6.5" speakers out there. I was planning to look for the most efficient one that is at least a quality brand name. So far the infinity and Kenwoods look to be on too of list.
Old 04-26-2017, 09:37 PM   #31

Quote:
OP. Sorry if we hijacked your thread some.

I just ordered these:

MARINE WFL ANGLED SPEAKER POD SPEAKER ADAPTERS 6.5" 6 1/2" CUSTOM SPEAKER MOUNT

Do not know if the link will work.

Not real cheap but the look like the will work and I can choose one of the many marine 6.5" speakers out there. I was planning to look for the most efficient one that is at least a quality brand name. So far the infinity and Kenwoods look to be on too of list.
Great find these look perfect for the job
Curt Trutrack WDH
Old 04-27-2017, 04:12 PM   #32
Summer2Go

That's what I thought, get a good Bluetooth speaker for outside. I tried to use my iPhone for music, and it wouldn't recognize both the speaker and the RV system at the same time.....
Old 04-27-2017, 05:07 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer2Go View Post
That's what I thought, get a good Bluetooth speaker for outside. I tried to use my iPhone for music, and it wouldn't recognize both the speaker and the RV system at the same time.....
I am almost 100% sure the Bluetooth on the IRV junk supports pairing with a device to play content through the IRV. It does not support pairing it with a Bluetooth speaker to play content over it.
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 05:18 PM   #34

Quote:
I am almost 100% sure the Bluetooth on the IRV junk supports pairing with a device to play content through the IRV. It does not support pairing it with a Bluetooth speaker to play content over it.

I believe you are correct.
Curt Trutrack WDH
Old 04-27-2017, 06:42 PM   #35
Summer2Go

Quote:

I thought my iPhone would play both simultaneously. Didn't work.
Old 04-28-2017, 06:59 PM   #36

Culator, i also have a Roo 23ikss on order and I was told mine would be a 2018 model. I ordered it in mid April. No difference in the floorplan etc but at least it is a year "newer". Hopefully yours will comebin as a 2018 as well.
RooRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 06:10 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by RooRob View Post
Culator, i also have a Roo 23ikss on order and I was told mine would be a 2018 model. I ordered it in mid April. No difference in the floorplan etc but at least it is a year "newer". Hopefully yours will comebin as a 2018 as well.

Mine did come in as 2018 model. Also, I discovered, zones 1 and 2 inside when running together are left and right channels. Outside on zone 3 are stereo left and right itself.
culater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 02:21 PM   #38

Culator, on my 2015 ikss they used zone 1 and 2 left channels for the internal speakers. That was so you could use the stereo balance as a fader. I added a fader pot and wired zone b left speaker to zone a right channel. So b isn't being used. I also added a sub since zone a has a sub out.