Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-11-2017, 11:57 AM   #1

Standard Stereo System in 2017 23IKSS

I have a 23IKSS on order and I am trying to find out what brand the sound system is in camper so I can read up on it now.
culater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 12:10 PM   #2

Unless they recently made a change it will be an IRV34. It's nothing special......and about 99% of the time will be wired wrong.
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 12:27 PM   #3

Should be this one or one of it's siblings.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 932RV33.pdf (319.5 KB, 254 views)

" Life is simpler when you plow around the stump..."
RACarvalho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 03:09 PM   #4

Thank you, that's definitely it.
Old 04-11-2017, 03:44 PM   #5

Yup thats the one, and it is most likely wired incorrectly as stated above. The two inside speakers were wired to the same channel so sound was not in stereo. I re-wired it correctly, but I might re-wire it again back to the "incorrect' way. The problem now is that there is no zone control to allow for setting the volume inside and outside independently. With the way it was originally wired you could use the balance function to control the volume inside and out. When wired correctly listening inside and out doesn't really work (either too loud or two quiet). So it is either give up listening in stereo or give up being able to use the outside and inside speakers at the same time.
wharfrat48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 03:47 PM   #6

Wow, I guess I may need to install a potentiometer separately.
Old 04-11-2017, 05:47 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by wharfrat48 View Post
Yup thats the one, and it is most likely wired incorrectly as stated above. The two inside speakers were wired to the same channel so sound was not in stereo. I re-wired it correctly, but I might re-wire it again back to the "incorrect' way. The problem now is that there is no zone control to allow for setting the volume inside and outside independently. With the way it was originally wired you could use the balance function to control the volume inside and out. When wired correctly listening inside and out doesn't really work (either too loud or two quiet). So it is either give up listening in stereo or give up being able to use the outside and inside speakers at the same time.
The OP will get the IRV 34 in his new Roo. Unlike the IRV 33, zone 3 volume on the 34 can be controlled independent of zones 1 and 2.
Old 04-11-2017, 08:24 PM   #8

We just got our 2017 23IKSS manufactured in Feb and it has a IRV31.
RachelW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 03:54 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Havercamp View Post
The OP will get the IRV 34 in his new Roo. Unlike the IRV 33, zone 3 volume on the 34 can be controlled independent of zones 1 and 2.

I don't mean to sound ignorant but what is the term OP?
Old 04-12-2017, 04:07 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by culater View Post
I don't mean to sound ignorant but what is the term OP?
That's you.......Original Poster.

FYI. On my 2017 Roo they had both outdoor speakers wired to zone 3 which is the zone where you can control the volume independently. However each zone has a left and a right channel and both speakers were connected to the right channel. The interior speakers on zone 1 were both wired to it's left channel. Although the unit and speakers are junk, they sound much better when hooked up properly. Also they did not pay attention to polarity. You won't get much bass out of this stuff but you get none when polarity is reversed as the speaker cone pulls back on the bass notes when it should be pushing out.

Why they hook them up wrong is a big mystery as they have been doing so for years.
Old 04-12-2017, 04:08 AM   #11

Cool, thanks for the education, I'll get there.
Old 04-12-2017, 04:09 AM   #12

Also, great news on the extra zone.
Old 04-12-2017, 04:12 AM   #13

Quote:
Also, great news on the extra zone.
Mine has been covered for awhile so I might not remember correctly but I think you push zone 3 and hold it in until zone 3 comes up on the display. Then the volume knob only controls that zone.
Old 04-12-2017, 04:15 AM   #14

I downloaded the iPhone app for the IRV and it has zones 1 through 3 and Z3 so that makes perfect sense. Thank you.
Old 04-12-2017, 04:18 AM   #15

Quote:
I downloaded the iPhone app for the IRV and it has zones 1 through 3 and Z3 so that makes perfect sense. Thank you.
LOL......good luck with that buggy app. I spent all season last year trying to get that damn thing working consistently.
Old 04-12-2017, 04:21 AM   #16

Dang it, I love being able to operate my stuff with my phone. My do my home sound system with it now and it is so convenient.
Old 04-12-2017, 07:12 AM   #17

A lot of people with find it adequate but IMHO the sound quality from the factory IRV head unit and speakers is marginal at best. It's passable inside but you really need to pump the volume up outside to hear it and then it gets distorted.

If you're into audio, adding an aftermarket amp, different speakers or both is something you'll want to consider.

I also noticed I get a fair amount of background static using the bluetooth connection with my iPhone. Just in case you are looking for it, the preset factory password for pairing bluetooth is 0000.
njfishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 10:39 AM   #18

I'll probably connect my pc to it and use the iTunes remote app then based on your staticky comments. Thanks for the tips.
Old 04-13-2017, 07:55 AM   #19

All right, now it's my turn to ask.
I have rerouted the wires on my 33 and I have front internal speaker on 1 , rear internal speaker in 2 and external speakers in 3.
So I have stereo inside but every time I turn on the Equalizer, channel 2 is dropped and I'm left with only one speaker, the front one (Channel 1).
Does anybody knows why this happens? Is it a set up issue or wrong wiring?
Can someone post a picture or diagram showing the right wiring set up?

Thank you!

" Life is simpler when you plow around the stump..."
RACarvalho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 08:36 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACarvalho View Post
All right, now it's my turn to ask.
I have rerouted the wires on my 33 and I have front internal speaker on 1 , rear internal speaker in 2 and external speakers in 3.
So I have stereo inside but every time I turn on the Equalizer, channel 2 is dropped and I'm left with only one speaker, the front one (Channel 1).
Does anybody knows why this happens? Is it a set up issue or wrong wiring?
Can someone post a picture or diagram showing the right wiring set up?

Thank you!
You should connect both your internal speakers to zone 1........one to it's left channel and one to the right channel. Connected as you describe will give you stereo, but only if you have the speaker on zone 1 connected to the left channel of zone 1, and the one on zone 2 to the right channel of zone two. It will also give you the problem you have.