Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-24-2021, 02:55 PM   #21
Insert witty title here

The only problem I've ever had with hauling a full blank tank is not being able to offload the previous night's burrito supreme combo meal when the urge arose.

2021 Transcend Xplor 247BH
Husky WDH with Sway Control
2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT 6.6L V8 Duramax
Forever in my memory. Forever in my heart.
Laurie J. Wood 3/22/67 - 8/23/19
timfromma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 06:26 PM   #22

I personally would not do it until I've inspected the tank mounting system. Too many posts of people having a poorly secured tank drop out due to straps or supports giving out. Or hardware just not adequate to hold a tank full of luiquids or solids going down the road.
Old 08-31-2021, 06:59 AM   #23

I did that with about .5 of the tank full. I poured dawn dish detergent into the tanks via the drains and toilet and poured about 15 gallons of warm to hot water down each. then drove it from my home where i park the 5th wheel to the campground about 2 hours away.
roads are horrible with a lot of sloshing side to side.
the tanks were cleaned when i set up. black water tank looked like a milk shake being emptied.

Many people do not flush with enough water to keep the solids soaked enough to break down down the waste.
stuff sticks to the bottom.

I didn't think it would be that bad after a couple years use but what I saw at a Nascar track when the honey sucker was emptying tanks for fans was incredible
these guys used a high pressure wash and were breaking up sludge so caked on the bottom of the tanks it was shocking what's in there.

the tank flush's on the trailers are trash only getting the lose stuff off.
Old 08-31-2021, 11:20 AM   #24

Yes, you're safe to tow with your black tank full. Personally, if doing so, I'd avoid potholes & rough roads & quick stops & starts. No one wants to discover the toilet valve failed and the black water sloshed up into the camper.
DuluthCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 12:39 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredSoldier919 View Post
I personally would not do it until I've inspected the tank mounting system. Too many posts of people having a poorly secured tank drop out due to straps or supports giving out. Or hardware just not adequate to hold a tank full of luiquids or solids going down the road.
Definitely agree especially if it's newer.
dedobias is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
towing, black tank, tow, tank, black