Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-10-2017, 08:16 AM   #1

Trouble with DVD Player

Hello, I was trying to connect my TV to the DVD player that is in my camper (2011 Roo 233s), but I'm not having any luck. I can get the antenna to hook up from the panel with two coaxial connections, using the lower labelled as "ANT", but I can't seem to figure out how to connect to the DVD output ? I'm assuming that it is coming out of the closer of the two panels (see pic) which looks like a single coaxial connection, but it's actually a little longer and the threads are set a little deeper, so when I try to connect a standard female coax end it can't reach the threads. Does anyone know if this is the DVD output and if so, what type of connection is this? Some variation of a coaxial that I need a special cable for? Thanks in advance for any help!

Side note, my FM reception is awful...is this a known issue with these receivers and if so, any easy/cheap solutions?

Click image for larger version

Name:	DVD_connection1.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	329.0 KB
ID:	134287

Click image for larger version

Name:	DVD_connection_zoom.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	191.2 KB
ID:	134288
maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 01:15 PM   #2
Take The Road Less Travld

What kind of radio\DVD player do you have? If I remember right, My Roo has an RCA adapter going to the TV from the radio. I will have to take a look later.
I've been an RVer since 2007, Lifetime Camper
Gotta love the Outdoors, Disconnect and Enjoy Nature!
MuddauberE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 02:22 PM   #3

I don't know the exact model, but I'll find out in a couple of hours...there are no RCA outputs on the side of the cabinet that the radio/DVD player is mounted in, but I guess it's possible that they exist on the actual unit, but for some reason this odd coax plate was used instead? I'll have to try removing the plate and see what the wires look like inside the cabinet
Old 04-10-2017, 03:08 PM   #4
Site Team

Are you trying to connect the built-in DVD player shown in your pic? In my current trailer and my previous trailer they had A/V cables (yellow, red and white) coming out of the wall behind where the TV mounted.
Iwritecode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 03:16 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
Are you trying to connect the built-in DVD player shown in your pic? In my current trailer and my previous trailer they had A/V cables (yellow, red and white) coming out of the wall behind where the TV mounted.
Yes, I'm trying to connect to the built in player, but there are no A/V cables coming out of the wall...only three different Coax connections and I think two are for the Antenna or Aux/SAT. It's the third that I wish was standard A/V but appears to be some weird extended Coax connection with no threads by the end...
Old 04-10-2017, 03:46 PM   #6
Site Team

Is that an RCA plug?

I'm guessing it must be where you would plug in the Yellow video plug.

I'm assuming you have built-in speakers and that's where the audio would come from?
Old 04-10-2017, 03:55 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
Is that an RCA plug?

I'm guessing it must be where you would plug in the Yellow video plug.

I'm assuming you have built-in speakers and that's where the audio would come from?

Geez, that's a great question...I really hope it's something like that and I'm just being an idiot. On my way home to try an RCA video cable and see!
Old 04-10-2017, 03:56 PM   #8

That yellow circle is an rca plug added on. Plug a cable into that and then to the input on the tv. Select the correct input on the tv and you should be all set.
Old 04-10-2017, 04:22 PM   #9
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus View Post
Geez, that's a great question...I really hope it's something like that and I'm just being an idiot. On my way home to try an RCA video cable and see!
If that's not it then I'm out of guesses. Let us know how it turns out.
Old 04-10-2017, 05:06 PM   #10
rbq

From what I think I can see in the first picture you have the ant. hooked up to the right out put. Between that & the wall is a set of RC jacks. That is where you plug in an RC plug, like the one pictured above. This will be the video out and then plug the other end into the video in RC jack on the TV. You should then be able to view DVD's played on the player. Has worked well for us. By the way I have the same age Roo & my FM reception is non existent. Have been thinking of trying a different antennae.
Old 04-10-2017, 05:27 PM   #11

Son of a gun, it was an RCA video output...feeling kinda dumb, but oh well, you guys rock! Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4635.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	266.6 KB
ID:	134369
Old 04-10-2017, 05:30 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbq View Post
From what I think I can see in the first picture you have the ant. hooked up to the right out put. Between that & the wall is a set of RC jacks. That is where you plug in an RC plug, like the one pictured above. This will be the video out and then plug the other end into the video in RC jack on the TV. You should then be able to view DVD's played on the player. Has worked well for us. By the way I have the same age Roo & my FM reception is non existent. Have been thinking of trying a different antennae.

Let me know what you come up with for the FM reception, would love to be able to listen to the Sox all Summer from the camper speakers

Tags
dvd